Chapter 13

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Joshua asked. Soonyoung and Hansol had showed them to a room where Johsua could get some rest while Jun was gone. They were alone right now. 

"It's not that I want to...I have to do something. You were the one who told me that we couldn't leave them hanging after they helped us", Jun replied. Joshua slumped his shoulders and let out a sigh. "You're right. I'm just worried that you might get hurt or...worse", the prince admitted. 

Jun stepped forward and cupped his cheeks. "I promise I won't get hurt. Or worse", he said and pressed their lips together for a short but very meaningful kiss. He pulled back and looked into Joshua's eyes. 

He didn't fail to notice the blush on his cheeks. A few seconds passed with the two of them just staring at each other. "Maybe I might get my princess after all", Jun said. Johsua chuckled and slightly hit his chest. "Just make sure to come back", he said. 

Jun stepped back. "You stay safe, too. This isn't the nicest area of the village. Don't go out on your own. If you have to, ask the guys to come with you. I'm serious!" Jun warned. "Alright", the prince said. "I mean it, Joshua. You have to be careful around here", Jun emphasized his words.

"I will be. Promise", the prince assured him. "Good. I'll go after eating a few bites...", the blonde said. "You should rest. It's been a long day."

"Food's coming. Step back, please", a guard said through the thick door of the dungeon. Wonwoo was sitting in the far back corner of the cell anyway so he ignored the guard. He stepped in with a tray of food. "How long do we have to stay here?" Wonwoo asked him. He looked young and more approachable than the others. 

The guard looked over his shoulder and closed the door a bit. "I'm Seokmin. Is your wound okay? I got you these for the pain", he said and lifted a turned over bowl up to reveal some kind of chopped plant. Living in the woods for so long, Wonwoo knew the plant but he didn't remember its name. 

"Thanks, but I'm good...how long are you going to keep us here?" Wonwoo re-asked his question stubbornly. "I'm not sure. But for now you're not scheduled for execution. Listen,...did you guys really help Jun?" Seokmin asked. 

"Why would we help a criminal? The king is keeping us here for nothing", Wonwoo lied. Seokmin got closer to him, still careful not to attract any eavesdroppers. "I'm Jun's friend. I know he's innocent. I could help you two get out if you helped him. Jun's friends are my friends", he offered. 

This guy talked too much. Wonwoo sure as hell wouldn't give himself and Mingyu away so easily. "I don't work with the king's people", he shut the guard down in a cold tone. "I'm not one of them only because I'm wearing a uniform. But you gotta stay close to your enemies if you want to defeat them...it's okay, you don't have to trust me. But think about it that way: Why would the king suddenly frame Jun for kidnapping the princess when she's already been missing for a year?"

That had Wonwoo thinking. Seokmin was right. The 'princess' had been missing for a year already so why did the king suddenly go look for 'her' if he wasn't behind it himself - which Wonwoo knew he was because Joshua told him. 

"Alright, let's say we did help him...what's your plan to get us out of here?" Wonwoo asked. Seokmin smiled a bright smile. "I'll come up with something for sure. Just trust me", he promised enthusiastically. He looked over his shoulder again. "I have to go now. But don't worry. You'll be out of here in no time!"