Chapter 11

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

Mingyu leaned against the cold dungeon wall. He didn't know where Wonwoo was and if he was okay. How was he supposed to get out of here? Even if he decided to give Jun away - which was out of question - he would probably still be hanged for helping a 'criminal'. He sighed.

"Mingyu?" he heard a muffled voice through the wall. "Wonwoo!" He would recognize that voice anywhere. He must be in the cell next to him. 

"Are you alright? Did your wound get treated?" "Enough to keep me alive. What about you, though? Did they hurt you?" Wonwoo asked. 

Mingyu shook his head before he realized that his husband couldn't see him. "No, I'm good." "Since the king wants us to talk I guess they got away alright...", Wonwoo stated. "I hope so", Mingyu replied and sighed again. 

"I'm sorry...", Wonwoo said. Mingyu furrowed his brows. "What are you sorry for?" he questioned. "For not being able to protect you. I should have fought those bastards off when they wanted to intrude our house. 

Mingyu could hear that Wonwoo felt guilty for their current situation. "It's not your fault. We were outnumbered, clearly", he assured him. "And you did your best..." Wonwoo let out another sigh.

"Mingyu...", he said. "Hm?" "It's been great with you. If...if the king-" "Don't talk like we're about to die soon. We're going to be fine! Once we get out of here we will leave this damn kingdom for good, how does that sound?" Mingyu interrupted him. 

Wonwoo smiled at Mingyu's determined tone. He'd already given up hope. The king was a hothead so if he was convinced that they knew something there was no way they would make it out of here alive. For the sake of Mingyu he decided not to state his thoughts, though.

"Yeah, sounds good..."

~

"Damn, I've never seen the whole village on alert before...", Jun stated as they walked through the streets, careful not to attract too much attention. Luckily, they were able to cover their heads with their hoods. Joshua's bright hair color would have earned them lots of stares and they would have been arrested in no time.

"Maybe we should take the quieter alleys", the prince suggested. "I still don't understand why we had to leave the horses behind." Jun sighed. "Simply because we'd attract even more attention if we rode through the village. And the small alleys are never a good place to be...", he explained. "Why not?" Joshua questioned. "It's better if you don't know", Jun replied. 

A carriage clattered over the main street of the village. Jun grabbed Joshua's waist and pulled him aside just in time as he would have been right in the way. The carriage came to a stop a few feet away from them. 

"Thanks, Jun...", Joshua mumbled, a tint of pink evident on his cheeks. Jun smiled and let go of him, realizing that they were standing very close to each other. Joshua looked at the carriage. 

"It has the king's crest on it...", he said. The door opened and a tiny, middle-aged man stepped out but remained on the top stair. He had a roll of parchment in his hands and cleared his throat before opening it. 

"Attention! Attention villagers! The King has made the following announcement: every single one who knows anything about the man who kidnapped the princess or about his whereabouts will recieve a reward of, not 50, but 100 gold bars!" the man yelled. 

The people that had gathered around the carriage broke out into murmurs. 100 gold bars! That was enough to feed the whole village for a month! Some of the villagers even began looking around as if they were hoping to spot Jun somewhere.

Jun knew a few of them personally and he knew that they would be glad to sell him out for the money. It disgusted him but now was not the time to think about greedy villagers.

"We're in big trouble...", Joshua stated. "Damn right, we are. I think we'll have to use the side alleys now. I know a shortcut to a bar my friend owns...take my hand and whatever happens - don't let go if you know what's good for you..."


A/N: Sorry, I've been dead for so long :D I kinda lost inspirarion for this story for a while but today I thought I'd try again and well...I tried