Chapter 5

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

Jun didn't walk too far away since he left the peach-haired prince behind. He felt bad and debated whether he should go back. The sun had almost set and it was dangerous out here. Jun sighed. Damn conscience. 

He would probably not find a safe place to sleep tonight anyway. He made his way back to where he came from, hoping that he would still find Joshua. It was really mean of him to walk away and if he found him he'd apologize.

It didn't take long for him to find the spot. He recognized the oak tree that he left Joshua at. "Joshua?" he called out. He didn't really have much hope. The forest was big and he could have gotten lost already. 

"Jun!" he heard a voice call. It wasn't far but Jun's eyes widened at the panicked tone in the prince's voice. "Where are you?" he asked. Joshua didn't answer, which concerned Jun, but he could hear a strangled noise not too far away. Jun began to sprint towards the noise only to find the prince struggling beneath a hairy guy that tried to rip his clothes off. He covered Joshua's mouth so that only faint whimpers could escape. 

Jun pushed the guy off with all his strength. "What do you want, kid? This one's mine", the guy growled as he got up. "You better back off!" Jun snarled. The hairy guy laughed. "Do you think I'm scared of a kid like you?"

Joshua got up as well and hid behind Jun. "Leave while I'm telling you nicely!" the blonde threatened. The guy laughed again. "How could I leave such a pretty little boy for you?" he stepped closer to them. "He had two options. His money or his bo-" "Take my money", Jun interrupted him, not wanting to imagine what the guy almost did to Joshua. 

He got his last few coins out of his pocket and handed them to the guy. "That's more like it, kid. You should take care of your boy if you want to keep your money", the hairy guy said before he disappeared into the woods. 

"Are you alright?" Jun asked the prince who was clutching onto his arm. "I think so...", Joshua replied and let go. "How come you're back? I thought you wanted to go home..." "I figured that I shouldn't leave you here all alone. Sorry for my behavior earlier...", Jun apologized to the shorter guy. 

Joshua only gave him a nod. "So, you don't want to go back to the castle?" Jun asked. "Definitely not. The king is only going to lock me up again...", the prince replied. "Then I'll get you a place to stay at in the village and you can consider yourself rescued", Jun said and held his hand out. Joshua nodded and shook it. "Let's go...we should try to find somewhere to stay at for the night..."

~

They walked around for a while, not really able to find a place to sleep. "What are we going to do?" Joshua asked. Jun sighed. "There's a cabin not too far from here. I passed it on my way here...maybe we can ask the owners if we can stay for one night", he suggested. "But won't they think that we're robbers or something?" Joshua objected. 

"Maybe but we'll have to try if we don't want to end up as wolf-food...", Jun replied. Joshua seemed to weigh their options. "Okay...you're right, I guess", he said. 

He followed Jun further through the woods until they reached a glade. A wooden cabin stood right in the middle. The lights were still on inside so Jun assumed that the owner was still awake. He made his way over to the cabin with the prince right behind him.

"Are you sure we should-" But Jun already knocked, interrupting Joshua's question. The prince pouted at not being heard out. Jun chuckled. He was somewhat adorable something. 

The door opened and a man came into their view. He was holding a shotgun and looked at them with a cold stare.