Chapter 16

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

Seokmin had no other choice but to head back to the castle after filling Jun's friends in on the situation. He had to see what he could do to help his friend. 

"Psst...Seokmin!" someone whispered from the stables when he passed them. He turned to look for his caller and saw Dr Seungcheol wave him over. He entered the stables and found Jun's other friends, Mingyu and Wonwoo, along with the doctor. 

"You're free", he stated. "Yeah, and they filled me in on the situation...where have you been?" Seungcheol asked. "With the prince. I told him that Jun got caught", Seokmin said. "Do you have any idea what to do?" Wonwoo asked the guard. "No...I've been trying to figure out a plan but everything seems so impossible", he answered. 

"I know what to do. Let's tell the truth. If the village found out that the king lied to them all this time maybe they would, I don't know, start a riot or something. Or maybe if Joshua comes here...", Seungcheol trailed off. "But Joshua can't prove that he's the prince. The whole kingdom thinks he's a woman", Mingyu spoke up. "And a riot probably won't help Jun", Wonwoo added. 

"There is proof that Joshua is the prince. His late mother kept photos and jewlery in hidden box. He told me about it. It contains a bracelet Joshua received as a baby. It has a writing engraved in it that says: 'Prince Joshua I of the Hong Kingdom'. And there's also a photo of her holding him and it says 'Birth of Prince Joshua I, December 30' on the back...I think...", Seungcheol explained. 

"Then all we need is to find that box and make people believe that the princess is a prince?" Seokmin asked. "But how is that going to save Jun?" Wonwoo asked. "Well, that's where the riot comes in. All Joshua has to say that Jun never really kidnapped him and people might get mad. The king is going to need all his men to defend him. And we can get Jun out of the dungeons while everyone is distracted." Seungcheol said. 

"This might actually work...", Mingyu said. "We have to try. Jun can't just get executed for helping Joshua!" Wonwoo stated. "Alright. We have to let Prince Joshua know. He's going crazy, thinking he's unable to save Jun...", Seokmin explained. 

"I'll look for the queen's hidden box and you'll take Mingyu and Wonwoo to the prince. We'll meet at the market place tomorrow at 10 in the morning to reveal the truth!" Seungcheol said. Seokmin nodded. "Good. Let's go. It's not too far from here", he said. 

They bid their goodbyes to Seungcheol for now before heading for Soonyoung's bar with a little more hope and a plan.