Chapter 10

Knight in Shining Armor [JunShua]

Sorry this took so long. I had a small writer's block for this fanfic...this might not be the best chapter


Somehow they managed to find their way through the forest and back to the wooden cabin. Jun let Joshua take the lead as he seemed determined to find his way back by any means. Jun was surprised that the prince seemed to know exactly where to go. 

The lights were still on in the cabin but the front door was wide open which concerned them. They stepped inside carefully but they couldn't hear anyone. "There's blood on the wall", Joshua said and pointed at a small blood stain near the bottom of the wall. "If they were dead they probably would have left them here but it seems like they've taken them to the king", Jun said, trying to sound comforting. 

He looked into every room, checking if they were really alone. "What are we going to do?" Joshua asked. "They're in trouble and we caused it...we can't leave them hanging. Literally..." "I'd say we stay the night and then we'll head to the castle tomorrow and try to help them", Jun suggested, even though he only had little hope. The king would probably hang Wonwoo and Mingyu as soon as the sun rose. 

"Listen, about what you said earlier...that I only saved you because I was greedy...", Jun began. Joshua smiled. "I know that it's true but that's okay...what did I expect anyway?" he said. Jun felt horrible. He shouldn't have said what he said. The prince probably imagined the whole rescuing thing a bit differently as well.

"I'm sorry...and I'm glad that I could help you even though I won't get a reward and I might get punished. You're quite okay", he apologized. "Do you mean that?" Joshua asked. Jun nodded. "Well...thank you, then. You're quite okay yourself", the prince answered. They smiled and somehow it made Jun feel a little tingly in his stomach. 

~

"These are not the people I wanted!" the king said dangerously calm. "But they know something your highness", the new troop leader informed the monarch. "I'm telling you, we don't!" Mingyu exclaimed. "Silence!"

"Your highness, please. Your men used their guns against us and my...friend is hurt", Mingyu said, pointing at his pale husband who clutched his side. There was dried blood on his fingers and he had cold sweat on his forehead. "We don't know anything about the person who kidnapped the princess", he lied. 

The king sighed. "Get the hurt one help and then lock them up until they're ready to talk. If they keep refusing...we'll just hang them", he said, annoyed to the brink. Mingyu protested as the guards brought him and Wonwoo away but the monarch gave them no further attention. 

~

Jun and Joshua spent the night at the cabin before they decided to head for the castle. "Wait", Joshua said when Jun was about to leave. "I think there was a stable behind the cabin. Maybe they have horses", the prince continued.

Jun nodded and followed Joshua around the cabin to a small table. Joshua looked inside. "There are two horses!" he exclaimed. Luck seemed to be on their side for a change. Not even ten minutes later they had saddled up the horses and began riding in the direction of the king's village. It was still a long way to go but at least now they didn't have to walk anymore. "Do you think we can still get there in time?" Joshua asked. "I don't know. I sure hope so."