Turtle Neck 2 pt.2

Raising Yeri
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie did you remember to grab your wig?" Yeri nudged Seulgi lightly. 

She had just dyed her hair bright orange, which would've made her stick out like a sore thumb. 

"Yep!" She pulled the long black haired wig over her head and hid her bangs underneath, topping her hair style with a baseball cap.

Yeri chose an adorable snap back with Squirtle on it, while Wendy chose her Olaf one.

They put on their masks and headed down the lift.

"Let's go back quickly, I want my jjajjangmyeon!"

"Suho hyung, you're paying for lunch, right?"

"But lunch is in 2 hours! And we just ate breakfast!"

The familiar voices of the EXO members echoed through the enclosed lift lobby right as the lift door open.

The three widened her eyes and walked out quickly, being careful not to be recognised by their seniors.

"Isn't that..." Suho eyed the girl's suspiciously before following the rest of s into the lift.

---

"Move the claw a little to the right Seungwan-ah!" Seulgi directed as she stood at the side of the machine.

Wendy did as she was told, and launched the claw.

It grabbed the Olaf plush toy and...

It dropped again!

"I swear this machine is a rip-off." Wendy muttered bitterly under her breath. 

 "Come on, I'm sure we can get it the next time!"

Seulgi fished a coin out of her pocket, and the claw came back to life. 

"Alright, a little to the left and... Okay stop!"

Wendy launched the claw again. 

This time, the Olaf stuck to the claw like glue, and even though the claw was really shaky, the toy somehow ended up in the prize chute.

"Sseul! WE DID IT!" Seungwan twirled her same aged friend happily, and she cheered.

"It's my turn to get the bear now!" Seulbear pointed at the Rilakkuma, resting at the top of a pile of soft toys at the corner left of the machine. 

Meanwhile, the maknae was having the time of her life with the dancing game.

She played it when she was a kid, but didn't have much time when she started training, so she felt that she was able to live the teenage years she missed out on.

"Down, up, left, up, down!" She chanted as the moves got harder, trying to concentrate. She needed to score above 1000 points to get that squirtle plush key chain!

"Dammit! I missed by a few points!" She stomped sourly like a little kid.

"You missed the mark by 500 points. I don't think that's 'a few' points." A mysterious stranger, donning a pair of sunglasses, approached.

"Who are you..?" 

"I'll help you beat your high score."

"What do you want?" Yeri was slightly cautious of this too-kind a stranger.

"A picture with you."

Yeri thought about for a while. Maybe that stranger was just a fan. She wanted to toy anyways.

"Okay then! Please help me get it!"

She cheered from the side.

The unnies were oblivious about this encounter; still struggling with the bear that just couldn't be lifted.

Don't ask why the Red Velvet members seem to have an obsession with plush toys.

Anyways, back to Yeri. 

The mysterious stranger did as he promised, even breaking the high score.

"Woah! Daebak!"

The stranger resisted the urge to squeal at her natural aegyo. 

He could not blow his cover.

After claiming the soft toy, he took his exit, face a little flushed after she gave him a side hug as a 'thank you' for helping her get her prize.

"Excuse me, sir? I thought you wanted a picture?" She stopped him, and (somehow) she accidentally knocked his sunglasses off.

"Jungkook sunbaenim..?"

"A-Ah Yeri-ssi..."

"Kumawo, sunbae. I love it."

She waved the soft toy adorably and he ran away.

"That's weird..." Innocent Yeri shook her head and went to brag about her key chain to her unnies.

"Unnie! Look what I got!"

They were still struggling with the bear toy and paid her no attention.  

She checked her phone for the timing.

To her surprise, she received a few (hundred) texts from the EXO members, along with Irene and Joy unnie.

Apparently, Irene told them to go over to their dorm since they were going to be alone and she though they could get a little company.

Of course, the guys went to check if they were even home in the first place (and used their extra excess card to sneak into their dorm). 

They always kept extra excess cards to RV's dorm incase Yeri was home alone.

RV also have Exo's because Yeri thought it was unfair that they got their dorm cards but RV didn't. 

Anyways.

She tapped on the new message notification that popped up.

'Kim Yerim, what did your unnie say about leaving the dorms? You'd better come back here right now and explain why you girls aren't at your dorms right now! -Suho grandpa'

Oh no, she thought.

"Unnie! Irene unnie found out that we left our dorms and EXO oppa are after us!"

Seulgi grabbed the bear plushie that (finally) fell down the prize chute. Right on time.

"Okay, we better run."

"Back to the dorms?"

"No silly, away. Things can't get worst and since we're already out anyways." Seulgi suggested. 

"Hmm, sounds good. After all that claw maneuvering, I'm pretty hungry. Why not we go eat some nice street food?"

"Sounds good!!"

Holding their prized toys tight, they ran towards the nearest ddeokbokki stand.

---

Yeri chewed a piece of the spicy rice cake and let out a sigh.

"Ahh, this tastes so good!"

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a group of young men, a few sporting colourful hair.

The 'WAH IT'S EXO OPPA!' gave it away.

" it's exo oppa!" Yeri exclaimed, scoffing down the last few pieces of ddeokbokki before grabbing her unnies and running.

"Why on earth did you run? If we acted natural we wouldn't have gotten caught!"

"Do you remember that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter