Baby Turtle pt.3/3

Raising Yeri
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ninja turtle - the runaway

Yeri woke up in the arms of her Joy unnie.

"Seulgi and Wendy have Trick and True to film, so I'll be looking after you for a few more minutes."

"Are you sure you are capable enough?"

"Need a reminder?" Joy gave Yeri's bottom a firm swat and she gasped in pain.

"Nope, I'm fine, I'm good, don't touch me." Yeri rapped, scooting away from Joy. 

Joy chuckled at the maknae's cute actions.

"Yoona unnie and Taeyeon unnie will be watching over you next. My shift will be over soon."

(The YPS had made up a rosters that at any point in time, Yeri was not left alone. Other people could come and go at anytime as long as the people on the specific time slot came.)

Joy's phone vibrated.

"Yerim-ah, Yoona unnie said she's coming in 30 minutes. Taeyeon unnie can only come in an hour. Behave while we're gone, okay? I have to go now, my drama audition is in an hour's time."

She nodded obediently, but the mischievous twinkle in her eye never meant something good.

As soon as Joy left, Yeri explored the room a little more.

"Aha!" She found Iran's sewing kit at the top of the shelf (she had to tip toe to get it). 

A thought struck her. What if she planned an escape? Then she could eat less! 

She quickly formulated a plan, cutting and sewing a skirt from her hospital clothes (to make it less obvious she had just come from a hospital).

Grabbing an extra she found while going through the toilet cabinets, she tore the diaper off and wore the instead, before making a quick escape.

---

"Yerim-ah~" Yoona sing-songed, peeking into the hospital room. "Yeri?" Yeri would've replied, but all she heard was silence. That's strange. 

Maybe she's just asleep, she thought. After all, the poor kid needed lots of rest.

She gently pushed the door aside and held it for Taeyeon, who gasped in shock as soon as she went to the bed.

Where the heck was their girl?

"Yah! Joy-ah, did you bring her for a walk? Where is she?!" She called the said younger, whilst Yoona  asked the hospital staff about her whereabouts.

"I really have no idea, unnie." Joy replied from the other end. "Eottoke... I'm sorry unnie! I shouldn't have left her alone!"

Taeyeon sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"Yeri likes cafes, right? Maybe if we search every cafe shop around, we'll find her?" Taeyeon suggested, furrowing her brows in concentration. She was really worried for the youngest one.

"Unnie, don't you know about technology? We can track her down from her phone, remember?" Yoona, who was done talking to the are, just shook her head, pointing at the coordinates the lovely squirtle was at.

"Alpero Cafe. Just down the street." 

She cracked her knuckles and smirked.

"Let's catch that turtle."

---

Yeri slumped her head against the table, cap down to cover her face. She was still bored. Running away did not ease any of that, sadly.

She tapped her feet, playing with the condensation of water on the table left by her empties cold drink.

She was absorbed in her own thoughts when she felt a light tap on her head.

"Unnie! How did you-" 

"Save it, miss. You're in big trouble now." Taeyeon chided, dragging the girl by the ear all the way back to the hospital room.

---

"Why did you think it was a good idea to escape?" Yoona asked, narrowing her eyes at the younger, who shrunk against the bed frame.

She vowed to stay silent, but the older's stern gaze eventually tore her down.

Yeri sighed in defeat. "I-l didn't want to eat so much..." She confessed. She expected to head some harsh words and was surprised when Taeyeon sighed too.

"Aigoo, when I was your age, I ate all I wanted." Taeyeon chuckled, the girl's hair. "You don't have to worry about your weight so much, dear. You're still growing."

"Tell that to the fans..." she mumbled, looking away.

"People who don't love you the way you are, or people who give you nasty comments and not anything helpful, those people aren't fans. They just want to see you hurt. Because they're jealous."

"Jealous of what? I don't have anything!" She pouted, looking down to play with her fingers.

"For one, you're extremely cute. You're pretty, smart, kind, a nice respectful kid. And you have lots of people, especially idols like us, who adore you a lot. That's why they're jealous." Taeyeon spoke the truth. She didn't have to sugar coat anything, after all, the SM maknae did have a special place in her heart. And basically everyone in SM.

"I'm a proud member of your protection squad." Yoona announced.

"Me too!" Taeyeon chimed, raising her hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter