Turtle neck

Raising Yeri
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little intro:

The SM family are tight knit, so it isn't awkward for younger ones to get spankings or punishments from their seniors (though they see them more as older siblings).

Being the cutest, most lovable maknae of SM, the idols are willing to protect her at all costs, even if it means they have to discipline her. Everyone in SM plays a part to raise their precious girl, even if it's from monitoring comments to silently exterminating haters...

A little more info: Jonghyun is the head of the Yeri Protection Squad, followed by Heechul, the co-founder. Minho is her 'guardian angel', and Amber is her bodyguard. The rest have separate roles which I'll explain some other day. Or if you're curious you can comment (:

 The one aim of the Yeri Protection Squad is to ensure that she grows up happily and well into a responsible and cheerful squirtle (because they cannot let her evolve!) (while of course, protecting her and shielding her from corruption of the history of bratty maknaes in SM as best as they can).

 

---

"Annyeonghaseyo!" I bowed a little, a sharp pain stabbing my neck.

We greeted our senior group, EXO, and they smiled back fondly.

"Hey! Nice to see you around!"

"Squirtle-ah, you should bow properly."

Kai oppa joked. I blushed in embarrassment. 

We joked about all the time, but the unnies didn't know about the fact that I couldn't bow lower than 15 degrees because my neck pain.

"Is your neck hurt or something? Why do you keep frowning every time you bow?" Sehun oppa poked my forehead.

"A-ani, I'm totally fine. See?" I gave a full 90 degree bow, stumbling a little, squeezing my eyes shut. 

I was expecting to land on the ground, but a pair of hands stabilised me.

"Careful, Rim." Joy unnie said, and I blinked away the tears.

"You sure you're fine?"

"Y-yep."

"EXO! YOU GUYS NEED TO GET CHANGED NOW!" Exo's manager called out, and they gave me a worried look before leaving.

"Operation Turtle Neck, I repeat, Turtle Neck." I heard Joy muttering under her breath, and gave her a weird look.

"Yah, if you're not fine, you could've told us." Seulgi Unnie said before storming off.

"I'll talk to her. Take a rest Yeri." Wendy unnie flashed a half smile before following Seulgi.

"Don't worry, Seulgi's just really worried. Meanwhile, I think you should take a break." Irene unnie's words were the final, so I had no choice but to lay down on the couch as they watched over me, making sure I rested.

--

I woke up, only to notice I wasn't alone. 

"Are you okay?" I recognised my bodyguard unnie's voice.

I widened my eyes to see the familiar llama head.

"Amber unnie!" I jumped up to hug her, wincing in pain as I tilted my head up.

"Hey squirtle! Feelin' better?" She hugged me back, patting my head.

"Much better." I lied, hoping that she did not notice my occasional wincing.

"Where's the other members?"

"Joy went to talk to some of the trainees, Seulgi and Wendy are with EXO and Irene unnie went to SNSD'a waiting room, so I'll be taking care of you now."

"Why do I need to be taken care of? I'm not a kid!" I pouted.

She just laughed. 

"Be good. I'm not forcing you to take another nap, am I?"

"No! I-I'll be good." I muttered, and she chuckled.

---

"By the way, what's with the way you bow? It's disrespectful to some to just nod." Amber unnie said. Apparently everyone knows about it.  

"Seungwan said she was worried because people already don't like you. She doesn't want them to have more reasons to throw you more hate."

 "What? How does she know?"

"Netizens have been commenting. Besides, if you can't even tell about your back pains, really you sure you even trust them?"

I was speechless. How did she know?

"Your members have been worried about you for some time now, but they waited for you to tell them yourself. They wanted to see how long it took for you to trust them with what you're going through. Seems like you still haven't told them though, or you wouldn't any time soon." She touched my neck, and I gasped in pain.

" off!" The sudden outburst shocked me as much as it shocked Amber unnie. How could I say such a thing to her, who had been nothing but nice? 

"I-I'm sorry unnie I swear I didn't mean-"

"I think I heard enough." Irene unnie said, coming out from behind the door. One by one, the members came out from their hiding places.

How did I not notice Joy unnie, who was not even putting in effort to hide under the make up table?

Wendy and Seulgi unnie came out from behind the couch, and Irene unnie behind the door.

"I-I..." I was speechless. Was this all a setup?

Without thinking twice, I ran out of the room.

---

I heard the sound of heavy footsteps following behind me. The concert was going to start in about 3 hours, and there were already people queuing up. I didn't even prepare a mask or anything, so I ducked my head and walked quickly, hoping to avoid any fans.

Thankfully, no one took notice of me.

I wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter