That xx

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been a month since Chaerin pulled that stunt during the after party of the New York Fashion Week. As expected, her relationship with Dara received too much attention from the public. There were different feedbacks coming from the netizens as usual. Most of them are delighted to see Chaerin living her own life and finally happy again, and there were other some who were still against her relationship with a woman.

Of course Chaerin won’t force those people to accept her relationship with Dara. She knows that the people of Republic of Korea are still conservative when it comes to matters like this. Their society is still accustomed with old traditions and she respects that.

The weather today was just fine and perfect for everyone to enjoy, well except for Chaerin. She’s been stuck at work for three days and she already damn misses her girlfriend. Chaerin even doubts if the board of directors are really making her do the audit because she’s an Accounting graduate, or they’re just using her degree as an excuse and does this to her as a punishment for being so upfront with the public.

Chaerin is already aware on the fact that some of her board members were not pleased with her revelation just a month ago, and they just can’t directly release their disappointment with her as they were too afraid that they’ll lose their current positions.

She was too focused on what she’s doing until Jennie’s squealing got her distracted. Chaerin closed her eyes for a second and breathed heavily. She told herself to calm down and just ignore it but Jennie got her voice even louder. She even heard the mention of her girlfriend’s name. ‘Is she talking to some media people right now? Perhaps she’s chatting with her Jisoo or her other friends right now.’

Chaerin shakes her head in disbelief. She thinks tolerating Jennie won’t do well so she stopped for a moment and yelled, “Ya! You’re noisy. Can you please shut up so that I can see my girlfriend faster?!”

‘Good.’ Chaerin smiled to herself and continued analyzing if there are any discrepancies with their subsidiaries’ statement of cashflows.

-

Dara can’t help it anymore. Three days without having physical contact with Chaerin just became torture for her. She knows that it’s a bit exaggerated, but the blonde has been spoiling her with so many things. Dara took her phone from the coffee table and decided to call Jennie. Her calls to her girlfriend were being directed to voicemail since yesterday so she thinks that maybe, just maybe Chaerin’s on a full schedule and got no time to charge her phone.

Dara was glad that Jennie immediately answered after the second ring. “Hi! Is Chaerin at work right now?”

“Uh, yes. Miss Lee’s busy right now. Who’s this please?” Jennie sternly but politely replied.

“It’s Dara.” She said cheerfully, hoping that Jennie could recognize her voice sooner.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. There’s only one Dara that---” there’s a long pause on the other line until she heard Jennie saying, “Omo! D-Dara unnie?”

“The one and only, Jennie-yah.” Dara chuckled to the young girl’s adorability.

Dara heard the girl squeal on the other line which made her laugh. She even heard another voice scolding at Jennie. She instantly knew who it is. It’s the voice she’s been longing to hear all day. “Ya! You’re so noisy. Can you please shut up so that I can see my girlfriend faster?!”

Dara appreciated Chaerin’s effort of focusing and finishing her work just to see her sooner. She thought that Chaerin’s too preoccupied at work and totally forgot her but she was wrong. Dara told herself to not doubt Chaerin in times like this. She reminded herself that she’s not just dating an ordinary person but someone who is well known all around the world.

Dara pulled out in her thoughts when she heard Jennie speak, now in a lower voice. “I’m sorry for being rude earlier, unnie. I just thought it’s one of those media people wanting to have an interview with Miss Lee. As you have heard, your girlfriend’s really busy. But don’t worry. I know she’ll see you in a bit. Bye!”

Then she heard a short sound indicating that the call ended.

-

“Miss Kim, are we all done for today?” Chaerin tiredly asked her assistant right after she finished reviewing the monthly reports of their subsidiaries.

“All schedules with regard to ChaeJi are done, Miss Lee. But your father, Chairman Lee, informed us that you’ll be meeting clients from Taipei in his place. It’s in three hours by the way.” Jennie informed her.

Chaerin wailed like a little kid. Even right after having her own name and companies, her parents still won’t stop bothering her and make her do some errands for their company. It’s not that she hates doing things for Lee Corporation. She still knows her responsibilities as the oldest child of her parents, but their timing was really just mocking for Chaerin.  “Why does it have to be me? Where’s he? How about Harin?”

“Chairman Lee is with Madam Lee in Japan right now while your sister’s still in the US.” Jennie reported and gave her an apologetic look.

Chaerin sees the sympathy in her friend’s eyes and said, “Okay. I’ll just deal with Harin later. By the way, you go down first. Inform Mino about the meeting and tell him that we’re buying coffee first before going to the venue.”

“Yes, Miss Lee.” Jennie firmly stated. She hasn’t left Chaerin’s office yet as she sees her rubbing her temple incoherently. Jennie knows that it’s her way on relieving her stress, and she feels bad for not giving her assistance to Chaerin with regard to those audit matters even she has enough knowledge with those different financial statements.

Still seeing her friend standing from her peripheral vision, Chaerin sighed and stopped rubbing her temple. She’s aware that her friend’s already worrying for her so she looked at Jennie and smiled, “Don’t worry, Jendeuk. I’m fine. I just need a little rest. You can go.”

“Ne, unnie. We’ll meet you at the lobby.” Jennie bowed politely and left her office.

As soon as Jennie went out of her room, Chaerin immediately arranged the documents scattered on her office table. She didn’t want to leave her office untidy and she doesn’t want other people to bother other people with her messiness. The moment she finished tidying her room, Chaerin gathered her purse and phone from the couch and left her office room.

Chaerin startled as soon as she her phone to check her notifications. She just missed 21 calls from her girlfriend today and she feels bad about it. Chaerin thinks that she must have been too much devoted to her work and even forgot to contact the love her life.

“Hey, babe. I’m sorry if I caught up again at work. I know it’s been three days since we’ve seen each other but I had an emergency business dinner meeting to attend. I’m sorry.” Chaerin said as soon as Dara answered the call. She heard Dara heaved a sigh from the other line and guilt started to crawl under her skin.

“It’s okay. I understand you, Puddeong-ah. What time will your meeting finish?” She heard Dara speak in a sweet voice which made her feel more in love with her. She just loves how Dara could understand her and she feels grateful for it.

“I think it will be over at 10pm.” Chaerin sighed. She should be with her girlfriend right now, not preparing herself with her family’s company affairs. She mentally noted to herself that she’ll strangle Harin when she sees her.

“Okay. Could you at least sleep with me here tonight? It’s Saturday tomorrow and I guess you don’t have any work.” Dara negotiated. She misses her girlfriend that bad that she was the first one to ask her to stay with her.

“Yeah. I don’t have any appointments scheduled for tomorrow. But is that okay? I mean, don’t you have any schedules for tomorrow?” Chaerin asked worriedly. She wanted to take her offer right away but she hesitated when she recalled that her girlfriend has her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter