Girlfriend

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin smiled at the girl who’s comfortably sleeping next to her. She moved a bit, enough to take a glance at her girlfriend’s angelic face. She can’t deny the fact that Dara’s still beautiful even when she’s sleeping. Chaerin told herself that she’s lucky to have Dara. She’s thankful that she had met her sooner, because she was sure that if the other girl didn’t appear in her life that fast, she would have probably turn back into her old emotionless self and she doesn’t want that.

“I’ll melt if you keep staring at me like that.” Dara giggled.

“I didn’t know that you’re already awake.” Chaerin said, her eyes not taking off to the other girl’s face.

Dara didn’t speak further as she just snuggled closer to Chaerin and buried her head under Chaerin’s neck, inhaling her sweet scent. She can’t still believe that she’s with the person whom she always wanted to be with right now.  Then she managed to say, “Can’t we just go to New York and stay like this forever?”

 “I love that, but you know that we both can’t afford to miss the show.” The younger said as she placed her arm on her waist and caressed her hair using the other hand.

“Yeah. But the show will still be in three days.” Dara whined and pouted.

Chaerin pulled out enough to see the other girl’s face and chuckled at her cuteness. She said, “I just didn’t expect that you’ll be a possessive girlfriend.”

“G-girlfriend?”

“Why? You don’t like it? You don’t want to be my girlfriend?” It was Chaerin who made a pout this time which made Dara grin.

“No. I actually love it.” She leaned closer and kissed Chaerin in a quick but passionate way.

“Then let’s go.” Chaerin whispered to her girlfriend’s ear and bit her earlobe as she tries to .

She moves out of the bed with her body which made Dara’s cheeks totally flush. She just realized that the two of them are still and their clothes are still scattered everywhere around her room.

“T-to where?” she asked while gaping at Chaerin’s perfect body. It’s not like it’s the very first time that she has seen her girlfriend but the light emanating from the curtains just made Dara realize how y Chaerin is.

“The plane leaves in a couple of hours. We need to get ready if we don’t want to be late.”

“But my flight’s still this evening.” Dara frowned as she remembered about that.

Chaerin moved closer to Dara and poked her nose saying, “I can’t allow my adorable girlfriend to travel alone so I asked Jennie to change your flight when you were still sleeping.”

Dara smiled coyly then something crossed her mind. It’s her time to tease Chaerin. “If I know, you’re the one who’s afraid to travel alone that’s why you always have your entire staff with you.”

Chaerin just shrugged her shoulder and said, “They’re not just my staff. They’re more like my siblings. I feel secure around them.”

She saw the sincerity in Chaerin’s eyes as she talked about her staff. She really cares for them. Dara suddenly thinks that the cold and self-centered that she once thought of Chaerin is just a ploy to uphold her ‘The Baddest Female’ image.

“And don’t worry. It’s only Jennie who’s going to be with us today. Mino and the entire team will follow on the next days so we can still have our time together.” Chaerin sneered.

The younger girl held her hand and pulled her up, making the blanket fall off her body and revealing her body. “Y-yah! What are you doing?”

“Let’s go shower together.”

-

The couple made sure to wear discreet clothing to avoid them from the eyes of the fans and group of paparazzi wandering around the airport. They don’t want their moment to be simply ruined by those people, and they don’t want their relationship to be disclosed to the public. Not yet. Chaerin thinks that there’s a better timing for that.

Chaerin and Dara walked hand in hand as they went safely inside the airport. They still got an hour before the departure time so they decided to just kill the time.

A few minutes later, Dara felt thirsty. She looked at her watch and sees that they have still enough time. “I’ll just buy us some drinks. What do you want?”

“Iced Americano for me. Come back soon, okay?”

“Yeah. I’ll be quick.” Dara smiled and kissed her girlfriend’s cheek which made Chaerin grin.

Chaerin didn’t walk away and decided to just wait for her girlfriend to come back. She knows that buying drinks won’t take her that long. A few seconds later, a familiar voice spoke to her. “Here’s your luggage.”

“Oh. What are you doing here? Where’s Jennie?” Chaerin said as soon as she sees her best friend.  She looks around to see her youngest friend but sees no one other than the man standing in front of her right now.

“She’s with Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Lisa right now. Don’t worry. She’ll be in New York along with Mino and your team.” Jiyong casually explained to her.

“Where are you going?” Chaerin inquisitively said as she sees Jiyong’s luggage and passport with him on his other hand.

Jiyong snorted and replied, “Silly. I’m coming with you.”

“Why?” she asked like a kid.

He ruffled her hair and looked at her with hopeful eyes and said, “Do I really have to answer that?”

Chaerin sighed and shakes her head. She doesn’t want to hear it further because she already knows what he’s going to say and she doesn’t want to feel guilty about it.

She already told Jiyong before that she can’t just love him anymore like the way she used to, but she knows that he’s too stubborn to give up. Chaerin also knows beforehand that the Nana Komatsu incident was just a ploy to make her jealous, but still she acted like she didn’t know about it and let him do it. She thinks that he will eventually get tired of waiting for her, and he’ll find someone who he will love more than he loves her.

 After all, Kwon Jiyong is her first love, her best friend. She can’t imagine life without having Jiyong by her side. The guy has been there with her since they were young. And Chaerin’s sure that if someone asks her about him, she wouldn’t even deny that she still has lingering feelings for him. But those feelings were not romantically anymore. It’s just purely brotherly love.

As soon as Dara has finished buying their drinks, she immediately went back to where her girlfriend is. She was about to speak something sweet to Chaerin when she recognized the man standing in front of them.

Jiyong immediately recognized the girl who approached Chaerin. It’s the model who Jennie speak of who’s being close to his best friend lately. “Oh, hi Miss Park. Are you going to New York too?”

“Uh, yes.” She smiled as she made a short reply to the guy in front of them and handed Chaerin her coffee.

Jiyong raised his eyebrow as he recalled that the girl is always with a guy, probably her boyfriend. “Where’s your boyfriend?”

Dara swear that it pricked Chaerin when her girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend labeled Mario as her boyfriend. She knows that her girlfriend’s being annoyed right now. She was about to correct Jiyong when Chaerin speaks in her place.

“Best friend. The guy is her best friend. She’s obviously with me, Ji.” Chaerin replied calmly as possible. She doesn’t want to snap at her best friend. And besides, she doesn’t want him to sense about her relationship with Dara as she knows that it will hurt him.

 “Oh. I didn’t know that you’re close.” Jiyong stated.

 “Well, now you know.” Chaerin smiled.

“I am still your best friend, right?” Jiyong pouted. He suddenly feels insecure that Chaerin might have already replaced him with Dara even just as her best friend.

Chaerin rolled her eyes at her best friend’s unusual aegyo. “Of course, Ji. You will always be my best friend.”

‘That’s it? No pinching of cheeks? No ruffling of hair?’ Jiyong asked himself, making him more upset but he didn’t want to show it to the love of his life.

Well, Chaerin still actually find his aegyo cute. She won’t deny that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter