Friends

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes. Okay. Thank you, Marc. I’ll be there. Have a nice trip!” Chaerin hung up her phone with a smile on her face. The well-known Marc Jacobs just personally invited her to the launching event of his new collection which will be happening two months from now.

What made Chaerin happier is when she found out that Dara turned down Marc Jacobs just to comfort her last night. The designer told her that he wanted to feature both Maurer and Park in his event but she didn’t show up on their meeting last night, so he just took Maurer in. Thinking of Dara’s career, Chaerin used her influence and asked the designer to reconsider the other girl for his future event, and the latter agreed.

Chaerin appreciates the other girl’s thoughtfulness. Even when she didn’t know her, she still turned down an opportunity and comforted her instead. Chaerin know it is strange but she feels like she has known Dara for a long time and she feels comfortable when she’s with her.

“Jennie! Are you there?” A young girl went inside her room as soon as she called her name. The girl stood firmly in front of her and bowed.

“Ne, Miss Lee.” The girl greeted.

“Please put Marc Jacobs’s event on my schedule.”

After hearing what Chaerin has just said, the girl’s shoulder slouched and said, “Ah unnie! Another fashion show again? Can’t you just focus on your work?”

Chaerin chuckled and ruffled the girl’s hair, “Aigoo. It’s your first time to complain about my hobby, Jennie Kim. Well, it’s also part of my work.”

“You’re just using it as an excuse, unnie. You just really want to avoid your responsibilities on your other companies.”

“That’s why I asked you and Mino to help me manage YG Entertainment but you chose to stay with me instead.”

“Ah, unnie. It’s hard to manage a big company.” Jennie whined.

“Exactly. You got my point. Now kindly put on my schedule Mr. Jacobs’s event.” Chaerin smiled to her friend.

“Yes, Miss Lee.” Jennie went back acting like her assistant and complied. She checked Chaerin’s schedule for the next two months and pursed her lips. She looked at her with problematic eyes.

“What?” Chaerin asked.

“It’s the week of your birthday, unnie. Aren’t you going to spend that time at home with us?”

“Well technically, I’ll still be spending my birthday with you and Mino. The both of you are always with me, right?” she smiled to her and continued, “Besides, you know that even if I stay in Seoul, my parents and Harin still will not celebrate my birthday with me. You know how busy they are with Lee Corporation...”

“…because the company doesn’t just operate locally, but also globally.” Jennie finished what she has to say. “I understand. I already put that event on your schedule. Anything you want, Miss Lee?”

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows in contemplation, “Is my schedule for this month done already? I still have a week.”

“You have a meeting with Steph&Nick’s Co. in three days but the secretary of Miss Hwang informed me that she’s in Seoul so you can just meet her there.” Jennie informed her and grinned.

“Ya! I think you’re just making some excuse to fly back home and see your friends.” Chaerin hit her arm lightly and pretended to scold her.

“Ah unnie. Don’t be like that. How can I separate my job as your assistant and as your friend if you're acting like that?” The younger girl nagged at her and continued, “And besides, you and Tiffany-ssi are friends. The both of you are also brokenhearted so you’ll really get well along.” Jennie bit her lip as she realized what she has just said. “Chwisonghamnida, Miss Lee.” She immediately bowed and left before her friend and at the same time boss can scold her.

“Ya! Jennie Kim! Come back here.” She shouted but the young girl already left.

Chaerin knows that her friend didn’t mean to offend her with those last words she utte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter