Do You Love Me

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is sitting comfortably inside a VIP room of a traditional tea house at Insadong as she waits for the person who summoned her just an hour ago. At first, she didn’t believe that it was actually her who had sent her a message telling her that she’s already back in Seoul. She thought that it was just a prank made by somebody else, but she was taken aback soon as the number owner called her and confirmed that it was indeed Chaerin.

Chaerin has asked her to meet up with her in this place at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and yet, Dara’s already been there since twelve noon. ‘Am I too excited to see her?’

A few minutes had passed and the wooden sliding door in front of her suddenly opened. A familiar figure welcomed her sight. Then what caught more of Dara’s attention is the white gold bracelet that Chaerin is wearing. “I’m surprised that you still have that.”

“Of course. I don’t want to waste such gift.” Chaerin uttered as she takes a seat on the cushion across Dara.

“Well, thank you.” Dara feels happy that Chaerin appreciated her effort. She really thought that the other girl will either throw the item away or just put it on one of her displays but she didn’t. She’s actually wearing it. 

“I should be the one saying that.” Chaerin humbly replied and takes a sip of the chamomile tea that has just been served to them.

And there it is. Silence started to fill in the air once again. Then it came to Dara that she and Chaerin don’t really speak with each other that much. They never converse about usual things. They mostly just smile at each other and let their actions speak louder than their words. She felt that there’s some kind of special bond between the both of them. It feels like she has known Chaerin for a very long time and she can’t just recall when and where they have first met.

Meanwhile, Chaerin wanted to keep their conversation alive but she doesn’t know how. She mentally cursed herself for quickly ending the conversation. She told herself that she must have asked Dara about anything just to keep her talking. The more the silence between them grows, the more that Chaerin feels tensed. Then she looked at the small crucifix hanging on the bracelet on her wrist.

“Anyways, if you don’t mind, I would like to ask you about the design.” Chaerin finally asked to break the silence that engulfed them for a few minutes.

“Ah. It’s just that I noticed the inscribed word on the gift that Miss Tiffany Hwang has given you. It gave me an idea.” Dara smiled convincingly as she made her excuse.

“What? Faith?” Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows. Dara just nodded.

Before the older girl could say anything, she added, “It’s my English name by the way.”

Dara’s eyes went big when the other girl disclosed the real meaning of ‘Faith’. She scolded herself for being stupid. Chaerin can’t help herself but to laugh. The other girl’s reaction was just too precious for her to ignore.

Then Dara suddenly noticed that Chaerin’s smiling at her like a fool.“Wae…yo?”

Chaerin shook her head and just said, “You really remind me of someone.”

“Who?” Being too interested with Chaerin’s life, Dara didn’t bother to ask.

“Just someone whom I met during my childhood days. A dense yet bubbly unnie.” She chuckled as she remembered those thoughts in her mind.

Then she added, “I think I was six years old back then. I was in a playing on a park somewhere in our old neighborhood and met this unnie.”

“I also met this young gizibe during my childhood days. I think I was thirteen that time. I always hang out to our neighborhood to enjoy every little thing around me. Then this young girl suddenly appeared and told me that I was too ignorant to be mesmerized by the snowfall. I mean, who does not love snow?” Dara shared as she reminisced about the past. She can’t help but to smile while thinking about it.

‘I think found her.’ Chaerin mentally rejoiced.

“But you’re too annoying that day. You even got dumbfounded when you heard me speaking French.” She nonchalantly said as she tried to confirm if her childhood unnie is Dara.

“Because it’s unusual for me to see a kid in a neighborhood speaking in foreign and…” Dara stopped for a moment when she just realized what Chaerin has said. She gasped as if in surprise and said, “P-puddeong?”

‘Found you.’

Chaerin made a short laugh with the other girl’s reaction. She then pursed her lips and gave her brightest smile as she said, “Urinmaneyo, Ssantoki unnie.”

It’s a small world that after how many years, their paths crossed again. It’s like they are fated to meet each other again and Chaerin feels thankful every time she thinks about it.

Their past has actually brought them closer that it made Chaerin and Dara started hanging out whenever they have free time from their respective works. It’s either Dara will go and see her friend on a secluded café/restaurant or Chaerin will pay a visit to Dara’s condominium and spend their time to do movie marathon or talk about anything aside from fashion.

-

A week later.

Chaerin scribbled some random notes with her notepad the moment she has finished checking some documents that were marked ‘for Miss Lee’s approval’. She sighed and looked at the time on her phone. It’s already 4 o’clock in the afternoon and she wanted to leave her office now, but she’s worried that another appointment might come up again.

She’s starting to regret offering all of her time in the company. She told herself that she must have left those work with Jiyong or the management and her staff. It’s not that she doesn’t want to do it. Chaerin has been dedicated to ChaeJi since it was founded. It’s just that she’s not used of not spending her time with Dara.

Chaerin closed her eyes for a while and heaved a sigh. She misses Dara. Then she stopped scribbling from her notepad and turned her office chair around. She glanced at the view of skyscrapers from her tinted transparent glass walls.

‘Should I see her?’ Chaerin contemplated whether to go see Dara or not. Her logic tells her to be patient, that she will still be able to see her at the New York Fashion Week. But she decided to turn off her logic and follow her heart. She knows that she can’t resist her feelings with Dara anymore. She’s never been like this in her life. She never longed for someone, even with Jiyong.

Chaerin grabbed her purse and keys on the table and stood up. She took her coat on the clothes hanger and ended up going instead. She was on her way out of the building when she met Jiyong on the lobby.

“You’re going home already?” Jiyong said with a glint in his eyes as soon as he sees Chaerin.

“Yeah.” She casually replied.

“Do you want me to drive you home?” He offered, still looking at her with full admiration.

“It’s okay, Ji. I brought my car with me.” She politely refused as she smiled at him.

She was about to make her exit when Jiyong grabbed her wrist and stopped her. Chaerin already knows that he won’t take ‘no’ for an answer, so she bluntly said, “I heard you’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter