Trouble

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “So, we haven’t seen you the whole week. Where have you been?” Choi Seunghyun asked his friend who he hasn’t seen the entire week since he went home to Seoul with his wife for the Seoul Fashion Week. He’s somewhat surprised that Chaerin finally decided to show up after her long week M.I.A.

This is what Chaerin has been trying to avoid since Mino informed her days ago about Seunghyun and Bom’s arrival – to be the focal point of the discussion. She’s aware that the couple has been looking for her during the entire event, as Bom even tried contacting her using both her official and personal numbers yet she still chose to ignore them and she doesn’t regret it. She wanted to see and hang out with her good old friends, but Dara comes to her priority first.

They watched movie in the cinema without getting caught by the fans, mountain hiked on the outskirts of Seoul as suggested to her by Tiffany before, amusement park the day after, and the rest of their days cuddling in each other’s arms. She told herself that every second she spends with Dara is worthwhile.

When Chaerin saw that Seunghyun won’t stop staring at her like that unless she speaks up, she shrugged her shoulders and innocently said, “Ugh, Seoul?”

She smiled sweetly at her friends, and when she didn’t get a reply, she continued, “Just wandered around and took good use of my rest days from work.”

Bom inquisitively eyed her good friend and tried to read her. The look from Chaerin’s face tells her that she indeed took a good use of her time. It’s been a long time that since Bom had seen her friend like that. The last time she saw cheerful Chaerin was when they were still teenagers, when Chaerin told her that Jiyong confessed his feelings for her.

Honestly, Bom still finds it a waste that the power couple that everyone was rooting for didn’t work. She didn’t expect that Jiyong can actually cheat on Chaerin. He loves her so much. They loved each other so much. And she can still see it from Jiyong’s eyes that he’s still into Chaerin. But Chaerin has already moved on already. She’s already happy with her life, and she’s happy that Dara was there to help Chaerin recover that past.

Bom noticed that Chaerin’s already been staring at her as if waiting for her to say something. Even her husband is waiting for her to support her and reprimand Chaerin, so she pushed away her thoughts and pouted. “You know that you don’t even need to go to work, Chaerin-ah. You’re your company’s chairwoman. You just needed to be updated and sign some documents for approval.”

“I know. That’s what I’ve been doing.” Chaerin whined like a little kid.

“But doing that inside the company? You’re the only chairperson I know who is acting like that.”

“Well, I take that as a compliment unnie.” She grinned at Bom and finished drinking her red wine. As soon as the waiter passed by, she placed her empty glass on the tray and focused on their conversation.

“And she even personally closes the deal with our subsidiaries’ investors and investees.” Jiyong said which earned him a slap on his shoulder.

“Is it bad for me to monitor the performance of our companies? And besides, some of those investors were affiliated with Lee Corporation so of course, I should meet them.” Chaerin made a frown as she defended herself.

Seunghyun chuckled at his friend’s childishness and said, “Well, if you say so.”

“Where’s your girlfriend, by the way? I heard so many things about her. My employees are fan of hers and that guy, Mario Maurer.” Bom said excitedly as she wanted to meet the one who’s making her friend happy right now.

Chaerin pressed her lips and raised her eyebrows. Her eyes wandered around and there she spotted her angel, her sunshine, her everything. She smiled as Dara’s gaze met hers and she said, “Oh. There she is.”

Jiyong saw how Chaerin’s face lighted up the moment she sees Dara, and he thinks that he can’t be a masochist right now. He doesn’t want to look pathetic in front of their friends so he made up an excuse to escape. “Uh, I think the staff from Elle is looking for me. See you around guys.”

The couple already understood why he has to leave so Bom just gave him a brief smile while Seunghyun gave him a pat on the shoulder to somehow cheer him up.

Chaerin s her arm to Dara’s waist as soon as she arrived. She pecked her in the lips and said hi.

When Chaerin turned to her friends and introduce her girlfriend to her friends, she noticed that her best friend is nowhere to be found. She wanted to ask them but she knows that it may cause a disturbance so she just smiled and said, “Seunghyun oppa, Bom unnie, this is my girlfriend Dara. Dara, this is Choi Seunghyun, well I know that you know him as TOP and this is Park Bom. They are my friends during high school.”

“Hi. Nice meeting you.” Dara politely greeted the two of them as she bowed her head.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you too, Dara-ssi.” Bom said as she extended her hand to have a handshake with Dara which Dara absolutely take.

Sensing that there’s something wicked running on either Bom or Seunghyun’s mind, Chaerin alerted herself and said, “I don’t want to ruin your getting to know conversation but Dara and I need to go.”

She was about to leave with Dara until Seunghyun’s foul mouth spoke. Chaerin asked herself that on all of the questions he could ask her, why it should be that? “Do you still live at the mansion that architect Kwon built?”

Chaerin clenched her teeth. She doesn’t know if Seunghyun’s intentionally doing this or not, but the thing that she’s sure of is that she’s in a big trouble right now. She shot a glare at Seunghyun as if asking what he is trying to do right now but the guy just raised his brow. She looked at Bom for help but just like her, she’s taken aback with her husband’s blurted revelation.

Chaerin felt Dara’s hand getting firm on her so she looked at her girlfriend whose eyes are already giving her intense feels. She knows that Dara’s starting to get suspicious with her already. “What does he mean?”

She just looked at Dara, not knowing what she’d say. She can’t find the right words on how she could explain herself with this. Chaerin started to regret on not taking Mino’s advice of telling Dara about the mansion.

When she was still trying to contemplate her words, Seunghyun started talking again. “Ah. You know Dara-ssi, Jiyong built that house for Chaerin. He designed both the interior and exterior of that place. Isn’t it amazing?”

Chaerin swears that if this continues, she might ruin her well respected reputation and she might kill someone. Seunghyun is getting to her nerves now. She asked herself on why of all times, Seunghyun chose to be a jerk right now? An idea crossed her mind thinking that Jiyong has something to do with this. She doesn’t want to insinuate things but she can’t help but to think that he’s behind this. After all, he and Seunghyun are close buddies.

Before things get heated and hell breaks loose, Bom finally butts in and holds Seunghyun’s hand. “Yah. Let’s go. I remembered that the Elle representative is looking for us.”

“But we’re not---” Seunghyun wasn’t able to finish his word when he felt Bom pinched his wrist. “Ah, right. I’m sorry, but we have to leave. Nice meeting you, Dara-ssi.”

Before the couple left the other couple, Bom mouthed an apology.

When Chaerin’s friends were already far from her sight, Dara looked at Chaerin and softly said, “Let’s go?”

“Y-you’re not mad at me or anything?” Chaerin asked hesitantly. She’s more scared that Dara spoke with her instead of ignoring her.

Dara just shook her head and briefly said, “No. Let’s go.”

Chaerin knows that her girlfriend’s mad, and that she’s just letting her anger inside.

Their mood when they arrived and left the after party was so different. Chaerin and Dara were l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter