You and I

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin feels uneasy but excited to see Dara. She doesn’t know what to do the moment she sees her. In a few minutes, the plane will be arriving Seoul. Little she did know that walking out in the arrival area will be her worst nightmare.

“Noona.” “Unnie.” Mino and Jennie said in chorus as soon as they see their friend. The young couple looked agitated.

Chaerin thought that they’re acting like that because of not doing their job properly. She was about to tell them that it’s okay and just make sure that it won’t make happen again until she saw  Dara.

All the worries and doubts that she’s been feeling were gone the moment her eyes laid on Dara. But instead of smiling and welcoming her, Dara looked sorry.

There she noticed that Jiyong is there with them too. He’s standing beside Dara. The look on his face was the same too. He looked… guilty. Chaerin’s eyes traveled down and see that her best friend is holding her girlfriend’s hand. Their hands are entwined.

“W-what’s the m-meaning of this?” Chaerin asked horribly.

“I… I’m sorry, Chae. I know we should’ve told you sooner. Dara and I love each other.” Jiyong said apologetically.

Chaerin shook her head. She can’t fathom this revelation that she’s hearing. The article that she’d seen was about Mario and Dara, not Jiyong and Dara. She doesn’t know what to believe anymore.

Chaerin shifted her gaze to Dara and asked her, “Is it true? Do you love him?”

Dara didn’t respond to her question but instead she said, “I’m sorry, Chaerin-ah.”

 

 

“Miss Lee. Miss Lee. Wake up.” A strong but soft voice said as she was carefully shaking Chaerin just to wake her up.

By that, Chaerin was pulled out from her nightmare and opened her eyes. She sees that the lady who just woke her up has a worried expression along her face. “Are you okay, Miss Lee?”

The lady handed her a glass of cold water and Chaerin drinks it until it gets emptied. She handed back the glass and sincerely said, “I’m okay now. Thank you, Minzy-ah.”

“You’re welcome, Miss Lee.” Minzy smiled at her in sympathy.

When Chaerin looked around them, she noticed that the seats were already vacated which made her eyebrows furrowed. “Where are the other passengers? Is this a dream again?”

Even though Chaerin is like a sister to her, Minzy managed stifled her giggle. She’s still on her job and it’s her responsibility to inform Chaerin on what’s happening. “The plane landed a few minutes ago. Don’t worry, you’re not dreaming.”

Chaerin sighed in relief and took some ply of tissue to wipe the tears and cold sweat from her face. She glanced at Minzy and said, “Was I too noisy? I mean, when I’m having that nightmare.”

Minzy shook her head and said, “No, unnie. But you keep on mumbling Miss Park’s name so I had to let the other business class passengers to vacate. I know that it would be bad if someone will spread gossips around the both of you.”

The lady’s thoughtfulness to her relationship with Dara touched her. Chaerin told herself that she hadn’t made a mistake when she offered Minzy a scholarship when she was in college. The young, cheerful girl back then has turned into a charismatic, beautiful and still cheerful lady. “Thank you, Minzy-ah.”

“You keep on thanking me, unnie. You know that I should be the one doing that.” Minzy finally talked to her comfortably.

Chaerin smiled and nodded in response.

“I think you should go now, unnie. Mino and Jennie are already in the waiting area. I bet Miss Park is also waiting for you there.”

“Are you not taking your break or something?” Chaerin asked her in curiosity.

“The next flight’s in half an hour and I don’t really have any intention to go down or else I will be tempted to stay here.” Minzy informed her and chuckled later on at her thought.

“Why not? The position in YG Entertainment is still open for you. You can teach future talents, you know. Just tell me and I will transfer you from here to there.”

Minzy just smiled and said, “Thank you, unnie. But I’m happier here now. I just want to travel the world and enjoy it. Dancing’s just… it used to be my hobby. And oh, I’m so done with YG Entertainment.”

Chaerin chuckled on her friend’s remark knowing that Minzy and the Yang brothers had so many misunderstanding in the past. Then she stands up from her seat and said, “Okay, okay. I need to go now. Have a safe flight. Let’s catch up with Bom unnie soon, and I’ll let you meet Dara too.”

“That would be perfect. Goodbye, Miss Lee.” Minzy bowed politely and returned with her flight attendant role. Chaerin just shook her head and went out of the plane.

The moment she stepped into the platform and headed her way to the VIP waiting area where Jennie, Mino and Dara are waiting, her heart beated fast. She feels uneasy yet somehow excited to see her girlfriend.

Chaerin stopped from her tracks when a thought came into her. ‘This is the same feeling I had in that nightmare. It felt surreal.’

Chaerin blinked her eyes a few times and shoved off the thoughts. She told herself that it was just not a nightmare. Anything of it isn’t real. She even laughed at the thought of Dara and Jiyong being together which is totally absurd.

 She continued her way to the waiting area and stopped from her tracks when the young couple’s dejected and remorseful appearances welcomed her.

“Noona.” “Unnie.” Mino and Jennie said in chorus. Chaerin noticed that the clothes that they’re wearing are the same with what’s on her nightmare.

She suddenly felt nervous because of that. It suddenly made her nervous thinking that those things that happened from her nightmare will happen, no matter how impossible and absurd it was. Chaerin shifted her gaze to her girlfriend and looked at her.

Tears started to fall when she sees that no one's there with Dara. She felt relieved. She knows that it was just a nightmare but it somehow scared the hell out of her. She saw tears also escaping in Dara’s eyes which made her to run her way towards her beloved.

Chaerin placed both of her hands on her girlfriend’s cheeks and started kissing her ardently. She kissed Dara like there’s tomorrow and it didn’t take long for Dara to respond the kiss. They only broke their kiss when they gasped for air.

Dara caressed Chaerin’s face and began, “About what happened…”

Chaerin closed her eyes as she cherished the touh that she’s been longing for. She holds Dara’s hand and said, “Just forget about it.”

“Chaerin-ah.” Dara softly said in dispute.

Chaerin opened her eyes and held Dara’s gaze. “You’re not guilty so you don’t have to explain.”

“But---”

“I’m tired. Let’s go home?” She put down their hands and entwined them.

Dara has no choice but to stay silent if Chaerin doesn’t want to talk about it. She knows that if she asks her again, her girlfriend will snap and none of them wanted mean, y CL to appear. Dara told herself that she can just ask her again later when they get home to Chaerin’s mansion.

“Noona. About what happened…” Mino tried to explain but was stopped by Chaerin’s dull expression.

“Not now, Mino. I’m tired. Let’s just talk about it some other time.” Chaerin said with a sigh, obviously avoiding the topic right now.

“I’m sorry, unnie.” Jennie said guiltily.

Chaerin uses her free hand and caressed Jennie’s shoulder. She faintly smiled at her and said, “It’s okay, Jennie.  Just be vigilant next time.”

“You’re not mad at us?” The other couple exchanged probing looks.

Chaerin shakes her head and exhaled, “I was mad, but I am not now. Why, do you want me to get mad at the both of you?”

“N-no.” They abruptly replied.

“Good. Now let’s go.”

“We’ve already secured the way in case some people will bother   you.” Mino informed, not wanting to disappoint Chaerin any further.

“Thank you, Mino. By the way, I met Minzy earlier. She says hello to the two of you.” Chaerin told the both of them and started to leave the place with Dara.

The ride on their way to Chaerin’s mansion was too deafening even though everyone were silent. The three of them wanted to talk and explain to Chaerin everything but her unusual stillness told them to stay quiet. When they arrived at Chaerin’s mansion, Jennie and Mino immediately bid their goodb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter