Love Is Ouch

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun has just completely risen when Chaerin’s done with her early meeting on one of her family’s subsidiaries in Jeonju. Before she could have her sleep last night, her father asked  her a favor if she could meet with their Jeonju employees. Being the hardworking and responsible person that she is, Chaerin obliged and traveled before dawn to Jeonju.


She left Dara an apology and love letter before leaving. She also made sure that Dara will have something to eat so she cooked some breakfast with the small time that she had.


And now, she is busy with the office documents when Jennie made a knock on the door and stepped inside the room. “Miss Lee.”


“I’m sorry, Jennie but I’m busy right now.”  Chaerin said and continued assessing the financial statements and audit reports that the subsidiary’s president presented to her earlier during the meeting.


“I’m sorry, unnie but you need to see this.” Jennie the television for her to see the news.


Chaerin has no intention to listen on what’s on the news until she suddenly heard her name. She halted with what she’s doing and looked at the screen. She watched as Tiffany’s father is having a ludicrous live interview about her and Tiffany.


“Yes, it’s true. CL of ChaeJi group of companies and my daughter, Tiffany Hwang is in a relationship and they’re getting married in the US in two months.”


“Mr. Hwang, are you saying that it is okay with you that your daughter is gay?”


“Why not? Our country has already accepted such view. And it’s also an advantage that Miss Lee comes from one of the most prominent family in Asia so I have no problem with that.”


Chaerin grasped the remote control from the table on turned off the television. She wondered what her girlfriend is doing right now knowing that Dara has no schedules for today.  She must have seen that. She must be giving her some doubts right now after watching that crap that Tiffany’s father has pulled just now.


She sat down on the couch and leaned her back against it. She closed her eyes for a moment to calm down her nerves. Being infuriated won’t help her so she must let the pressure inside her subside.


A few minutes later, after she finally had calmed herself down, Chaerin opened her eyes and reached for her phone. She called Tiffany a few times but she’s not answering the call. She sighed in discomfort. She wondered on how Tiffany’s father found out about this.


“Jennie, when is Jiyong coming back again?” she asked her assistant and at the same time friend. It’s been a while since Chaerin heard from him and she thinks that maybe Jiyong is behind this again, which she’s hoping that he isn’t.


“He said he’ll be going back tonight as soon as the news reached him. Where are you going, unnie?” she inquired as Chaerin gets up from the couch and grabbed her bag on the countertop.


“I’m going to see Dara. I need to talk to her.”


A short sound came from Jennie’s phone. Chaerin was about to leave when she notified her. “There are reporters outside waiting for you. Mino already instructed Taehyun to drive you to the other exit, unnie. And about Dara unnie, the security personnel of the condominium have already been informed to take precautionary measures in case the reporters will infringe the premises.”


“Thank you. See you later.” Chaerin smiled in a way of gratitude and immediately left her office.


The moment she reached the other exit used for emergency purposes, Taehyun greeted her with a polite nod.


Chaerin lightly patted his shoulder and said, “I’m going back to Seoul on my own, Namtae. Mino will have to deal with the reporters so you can drive Jennie back to Seoul for him. I can manage on my own.”


Taehyun didn’t complain and opened the door to the driver’s seat. He waited for Chaerin to sit and fasten her seatbelt before closing the door. “Be careful, noona. I know everything’s going to be okay.”


Chaerin smiled to the young man and started to drive her way back to Seoul, to Dara.

After two hours of travelling, Chaerin decided to have a break to a rest stop and bought some snacks to satisfy her hunger. She was relieved when there were only few people around the rest stop and nobody noticed her or else it will be a disaster. A few minutes later, she continued travelling again.

It crossed Chaerin’s mind to contact Tiffany again. She pressed some buttons on her steering wheel and dialed her friend.

Chaerin sighed in relief when Tiffany finally picked up at the third ring. “I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to answer your calls Faith. What is it?”

Tiffany sounded like she has just woken up and she was crying until she fell asleep. Chaerin wanted to ask her friend if she’s okay, but she knows that it’s a stupid question so she just went straight to the purpose of her call.

“We have a problem, Tiff. Your dad… he just made a live interview on the television hours ago. I don’t know how he knew about our fake setup but, he’s marrying us off. And the media’s already having a fiasco about it.” Chaerin disclosed to her friend, her eyes still stuck on the road while driving.

Chaerin waited for Tiffany to say something but the other line went silent. She assumed that Tiffany already hung up. Chaerin thought that life must have been hard too for Tiffany. She hopes that her friend will get through it soon.

Chaerin heaves a breath and stepped at the pedal, speeding up her driving.
Two hours later, she finally arrived to Seoul. Chaerin immediately drives to the fastest, safest way to reach Dara’s place. It didn’t take long when her phone started ringing.

Chaerin didn’t mind looking at the caller’s ID and instantly pressed a button on her steering wheel to answer the phone call while she’s still driving. 

“Hunchae. Where are you?” A concerned voice of Jiyong welcomed her speakers.

“Back to Seoul. I’m going to Dara’s.” She snappily replied.

“You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter