Happy

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#HappyTheBaddestFemaleDay

Dara’s eyes widened as soon as she sees the top spot trending worldwide on social media right now.

She immediately searched for Chaerin’s social media account and checked her profile. She confirmed that today’s indeed Chaerin’s birthday. She knocks her head lightly at her naivety. She told herself that she should have known that there is something special with those fireworks display from G-Dragon and the pink box from Tiffany Hwang.

Dara refreshed the page and sees that Chaerin just posted a new photo. It is a classy gold fountain pen engraved with the word ‘Faith’ in it. It is placed in a pink box just like the one that she saw last night. It read in the caption: “Present from @xolovestephi xoxo”

It was just a minute ago but there are already thousands of people who have liked her photo and there are already hundreds who left their comments on how sophisticated Chaerin and Tiffany’s friendship, on how beautiful the gift that Chaerin has received, and left their comments just to greet her for her birthday.

Dara slumped herself back to the bed and stared at the ceiling. She heaved a sigh and said, “Happy birthday, Lee Chaerin.”

A smile formed on her lips upon mentioning the blonde girl’s name.

A few moments later, an idea crossed her mind. Dara realized that instead of moping all day inside her hotel room, she should be going out right now and buy something for her new friend. The thought of buying gift for Chaerin just made her smile like a kid again.

Dara moved her out of the bed and went to the bathroom to take her bath.

-

“Saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida, saranghaneun Chaerin unnie/noona, saengil chukha hamnida!” Mino and Jennie sang in chorus to greet their boss and at the same time friend inside her hotel room.

Chaerin blew the candles on the top of the strawberry cheesecake that Mino was holding and smiled at them, her eyes almost disappearing. “Thank you Jendeuk and Mino-yah.”

Then tears escaped from her eyes. She immediately wiped her tears before her make up gets ruined and she doesn’t want that.

Jennie hugged her friend to the side and said, “Awwww. Uljimaseyo, Chaerin unnie. You know you’re ugly when you cry.”

Chaerin chuckled and lightly slapped her friend’s arm for teasing her. Then Mino carefully placed on the table and joined their hug.

“Thank you for always spending my birthday with me.”Chaerin said in gratitude as she lightly patted their heads.

“Mmm. By the way, what have you planned for today? Should we tour the city?” she added which made the younger ones to break away from their hug.

“I-is it okay with you noona?”Mino asked hesitatingly, while Jennie too cannot contain her surprise.

She doesn’t blame the two for acting like that. It’s been a long time for Chaerin to ask them to go out as she was always busy with work and she usually liked visiting places on her own whenever they are overseas.

‘No.’ Chaerin thought. She doesn’t visit places on her own. Jiyong was always with her, and it’s actually her first birthday without him. Chaerin pushed the thought away and focused with the present.

Chaerin shrugged and said, “Why not? It’s my birthday and besides, we don’t hang out that much lately.”

Mino seconded with her and looked at the youngest of them, “Jennie. Any plans?”

“Pinacotea di Brera’s the only thing in my mind right now. How about you, unnie?” The young girl asked.

Chaerin nodded as a response and for a second her lips twitched. “But I think we should eat lunch first.”

The three of them left the hotel and decided to eat their lunch at La Brisa, as suggested by the birthday celebrant.

Chaerin was full of happiness and excitement as they made their way to the restaurant, but as soon as they arrived to the place, her expression quickly changed into something cold. Her crescent-like smile disappeared when she saw a very familiar figure welcoming them at the entrance of the restaurant.

“Oppa.” “Hyungnim.” Jennie and Mino called in alarm. They warily glanced at Chaerin and waited for her to say something bad but they just saw her smile again and feeling calm.

“Ji.” Chaerin greeted shortly.

Jiyong moved forward and planted a kiss on both of her cheeks and said, “Happy birthday, Hunchae.”

“How did you know that we’re going here?” She bluntly asked.

“Let’s just say that, that #HappyTheBaddestFemaleDay helped me.” He said as he was shaking the phone in his hand.

‘Gosh. This is the reason why I sometimes hate to be recognized.’ Chaerin muttered to herself.

Jiyong can’t help to smile as if he had read her girlfriend best friend’s expression. He just shrugged it off and clapped his hands together saying, “Let’s eat! I know everyone’s hungry.”

Then he went inside the restaurant, letting the others follow his way inside.

“Should I call the others, noona?” Mino worriedly looked at her. He knows that it’s still a bit awkward for Chaerin to have Jiyong around, especially when they usually spend her birthday altogether before.

“Yeah, sure. I almost forgot that Seunghoon, Seungyoon, Jinwoo and Taehyun are here with us in Milan.”

“Are you okay, unnie?”Jennie noticed the wariness from Chaerin’s voice.

“Don’t worry about me.” Chaerin looked at the both of them and smiled as they walked their way inside.

As soon as the three of them stepped inside the restaurant’s premises, the maître d’ assisted them to the table where Jiyong is waiting for them.

‘He’s alone. He didn’t bring that with her.’ Chaerin mentally smiled at the thought.

“Don’t worry about Kiko. She got to fly back to Japan this morning.” He grinned as he remembered how glad he felt when Kiko delivered him the news that she has to leave due to prior commitments. If it weren’t for that, he won’t be seeing the true love of his life today on her very special day.

‘And why would I worry myself over that ? Ugh.’ Chaerin rolled her eyes and sat on the seat offered by Jiyong.

Chaerin noticed that he was staring at her so she immediately avoided it and pretended to look around noticing that they are the only customers inside the restaurant. ‘He must have leased the restaurant for a couple of hours.’

Jiyong then suit himself and sat on the seat right across his girlfriend best friend, his eyes not taking off of her. He missed having Chaerin around him. He missed her touch, her cat-like eye smile, her dorkiness, her nagging, and everything about Lee Chaerin.

Sure, they are still best friends but everything has literally changed after their break up. He still regrets cheating on her. Yes, Jiyong admits that he also has his fault on their breakup. He let the Japanese model to seduce her, and the worse thing is, he did cheat on Chaerin on their supposed to be sixth anniversary.

‘Stop feeling sorry, Jiyong. Make it up with her. Show her that you still deserve another chance.’ Jiyong told himself.

Little he did know that his Hunchae’s already starting falling, not into him but into another person.

-

Dara walked happily on the streets of Via Brera, holding a small rectangular box in her hand. She just finished buying a present on a jewelry store for her new friend’s birthday.

‘I hope she’ll like it.’ Dara smiled and placed the small thing on the inside pocket of her coat.

Dara then started to eye the road and waited for a cab to hail. She was standing there for a few minutes until a luxurious car stopped right in front of her. The windows rolled down and revealed the person who she exactly wants to see today.

“We meet again. Hop in.” Chaerin greeted her.

Then a man who is in his early twenties appeared and opened the door for Dara, she smiled at the good looking gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter