The Mansion

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you… perhaps, are you hiding something from me?” Jiyong heard Dara raised her voice from the other side of the door.

The moment when the two left the dining hall, he immediately followed them hoping that his little wicked plan is already working. And hearing from Dara’s tone, it seemed like it worked out. She’s finally starting to doubt Chaerin.

He knows that it’s bad to be grateful about the hospital incident, but that was his blessing in disguise to start breaking up things between the two. Chaerin doesn’t even have the slightest idea that he’s doing things intentionally, that he’s pretending that he has moved on already and he accepted that they’re going to be just best friends. He wants to confuse Chaerin’s feelings and realize that she still have feelings for him.

Jiyong placed his ear closer to the door to hear them further. He’s not the eavesdropping type of person but hearing the couple argue makes him. When he wasn’t hearing any voice speaking at the other side, he decided to leave and just entertain himself in the game room which is located at the other side of Chaerin’s mansion.

He just didn’t know that Mino and Jennie has caught him prying over Dara and Chaerin’s conversation.

-

Never did Chaerin expect that Dara will raise her voice at her like that. She didn’t expect that her girlfriend will start doubting her over something. Though Chaerin is really hiding something from her, she just doesn’t want to make Dara worry so she keeps her being hospitalized a secret from her. She just doesn’t realize it yet but the longer she keeps it from her girlfriend, the more that Dara will doubt her.

Chaerin waited for her girlfriend to calm down before speaking. Her phone suddenly vibrated that moment. It’s her official phone. Thinking that the notification might be important, she checked it.

Dara on the other hand is waiting for Chaerin to answer her question. She knows that she unusually raised her voice at her just a while ago so she calmed herself first. She told herself that she needs to act rational especially with Chaerin. But she thinks that how can she calm herself down when Chaerin’s busy with her phone while they’re having their argument?

She was about to speak when Chaerin abruptly moved closer into her and kissed her again. She was taken aback with her girlfriend’s reaction but she still gave in. She missed Chaerin’s lips on hers and it feels so good to kiss her again.

Chaerin pulled out from their kiss and both of them gasped for air. She locked gaze with Dara and whispered, “I’ll explain everything later. Just please don’t get mad at me or yell at me. I just got a text from Jennie that Ji’s prying on us.”

Dara was somehow surprised on what her girlfriend just said. Her anxiety lessened when she assured that Chaerin has no romantic feelings with her ex-boyfriend anymore, that she’s not having an affair with him and she’s just being delusional.

But the thought of Jiyong answering the phone of Chaerin that night still bothered her so she finally asked. “Why are you with Jiyong in a late night three days ago?”

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows. She wondered on how the hell she knew that she’s with Jiyong that time while she’s still at Thailand. Just to be safe, she just asked. “How did you know?”

“I called you that night because I felt guilty that I wasn’t able to answer your calls. But the moment I called you, it seemed like it was him who answered the call.” Dara blurted out.

Chaerin breathed deeply and thoroughly thinks about it. Then she remembered than when she got out from the rest room during her short stay in the hospital, she caught Jiyong that time on phone. It came to her that the person who’s on the other line was Dara and the phone he was holding was actually her phone.

Chaerin mentally scolded herself for being too naïve. She should have known that Jiyong wouldn’t give her up that easily. And because of his dirty little tactic, Dara’s starting to put some doubts on her. Not wanting for Dara to misunderstand her, she decided to confide.

She looked Dara in the eyes and twitched her lips. As soon as she finds the right words to say, she speaks up. “I was hospitalized that night. Actually, my IV just got emptied this morning.”

Dara’s expression softened the moment she heard her girlfriend’s confession. She moved closer to Chaerin and examined her face. Now that she realized it, Chaerin does look pale. She felt guilty that she let her jealousy came first before checking on her girlfriend.

“A-are you okay? What happened? You should have told me sooner. Chae, I…” Tears started to fall down on her face as she ran out of words.

Chaerin just wiped her tears and smiled at her. She planted a kiss on Dara’s forehead and say, “This is the reason why I don’t want to tell you. I know that you’re going to be like this.”

“Just tell me what happened.” Dara said persistently.

“I ate dinner with Jiyong, Mino and Jennie that night. After eating, I decided to go out and call you again but the moment I get up, I just passed out.” Chaerin explained.

“Don’t you think that Jiyong-ssi---”

“No. Don’t think about that. Jiyong didn’t put something on my food.” She defended her best friend before Dara will start insinuating something, and she doesn’t want that. Chaerin doesn’t want to ruin Jiyong’s image to her girlfriend. He might be that deceitful person but he’s not the type of person who’s that desperate enough to break them apart.

Not wanting to argue with Chaerin, Dara decided to just let it go. “What happened then?”

“The doctor said that I was just too stressed with everything that even my mind shut down on its own. But don’t worry, I’m doing better now that you’re here.” Chaerin explained and assured her.

Dara sighed in relief upon hearing those words from her. She holds Chaerin’s hand and say, “If you didn’t tell me about that, I might still have doubted you.”

Chaerin sighed and put Dara’s hand down. She wrapped her arms around her and pulled her into a hug. She rested her chin on Dara’s shoulder and say, “You don’t trust me that much, do you?”

“It’s not you that I don’t trust. I just don’t trust Jiyong-ssi and you’re good memories with him.” Dara pulled out enough to see Chaerin’s face and pouted.

Chaerin pinched her girlfriend’s nose and pecked her on the lips. “Just put your trust on me. That’s it.”

The two broke their hug and ended up cuddling in bed. Dara rested her head on Chaerin’s chest, while Chaerin enveloped her arm around Dara’s shoulder.

She lightly patted Dara’s arm and stared at the ceiling. Now her girlfriend’s words started to trouble her.

‘I just don’t trust Jiyong-ssi and your good memories with him.’

‘I don’t trust my memories of him too, Dara-yah. But I trust my heart. I trust it that it only beats for you.’ Chaerin told herself.

She wrapped her other arm on Dara’s shoulder and closed her eyes.

Dara spent the night with Chaerin.  The both of them agreed to keep their relationship low for the meantime so that Jiyong can’t think of anything more to destroy their relationship. Chaerin also take this as an opportunity to sort out her feelings with her best friend. She has to make sure that there’s really no romantic feelings left in her heart for him.

The next morning, Chaerin and Dara have their breakfast together. As usual, there’s no one around her mansion except for them. While she’s at it, Dara asked her girlfriend. “Do you really live alone here?”

Chaerin just continued eating her breakfast and made a short reply.“Mmm.”

“Don’t you want to live with your parents?” Dara asked.

Chaerin put down her utensils and takes a sip of her orange juice. She smiled at Dara and say, “My parents kicked me out of their house when I started earning my own money.”

Dara’s eyes widened at her girlfriend’s revelation. “They kicked you o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter