Meeting

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how's my Hunchae? Everything okay there?" Jiyong asked her as soon as he picked up her call.

Hearing his voice somehow sent relief to Chaerin. It's been three days since she left Seoul for another overseas commitment. Even now she doesn't know why she has to travel alone. Chaerin throws herselt on the couch and made her  reply. " Same old. Remind me again why do I have to be in this event?"

She hears him hum from the other line and finally said, "Because you love parties? And our business partners there doesn't want to me, as usual. They want you."

Chaerin just lets out a breath and said, "I wish you were here with me. I don't even know what to do here alone."

"Shop, explore the city. You still have a few hours before the party anyways. I told you to bring Jennie and Mino with you." Jiyong suggested and reminded her at the same time.

"Ji, how can I bring those two with me if I just gave them a month break with their friends. They deserve it after..." She wasn't able to finish her sentence when thoughts of what had happened and what she has been through for six months resurfaced in her mind.

"You're thinking about her again, don't you?" Jiyong now said in a soft tone, pulling her out into those thoughts before she'll start dwelling on it again.

"I just recalled that this country is her second home." Chaerin stated as it came to her mind that she's in the country that Dara loves so much.

"Oh, right."

The tone in Jiyong's voice snapped Chaerin out of it. She reminded herself that her insensitiveness sometimes hurts Jiyong so she told herself that she needs  to be more considerate of other people's feelings. "You know, you're right. I should be exploring the city instead of lazing my off here in my hotel room. Any recommendations?"

"You know I can't recommend anything to you, Chae. Just ask whoever's there."

"Fine. Now I don't know why I even called you. You're so useless." She told him in exasperation.

Jiyong knows that she's just playing with him but still he said, "Well, I'm sorry about that. How about I'll make it up to you when you get back?"

"Whatever. You owe me one Kwon Jiyong."

Jiyong chuckled at her bossy yet sulking tone and said, "I miss you too, Chaerinnie."

Chaerin could hear indistinct noises from the other line. She assumes that Jiyong's out for a short meeting. Not wanting to keep him for long, she replied, "Looks like you have to go. I'll talk to you again tomorrow for the updates."

"Okay. Take care. See you soon."

"You take care too." She said and ended the call.

Six months. It has already been six months after she and Dara had their fight which led them into what they are now. The memory of that day still lingered into Chaerin's mind. They were both carried away by the situation and their emotions. Both of them were stubborn that time that none of them would yield.

A bitter smile appeared on her face. She already told herself to not dwell with the past but here she is again, thinking about her.

[<<] FLASHBACK

Days after her argument with Dara, Chaerin confined herself inside her bedroom. She didn't dare to come out and just stayed there hoping that she'll heal, hoping that everything that was happening to her was just a bad dream.

Chaerin woke up one day hearing the news that Tiffany has finally resolved everything. The news almost brought smile into her face if it's not just for the fact that everything between her and Dara has come to an end.

She wanted to come back to her that day. Chaerin did. She went to Dara's condominium unit and found the place empty. Dara's not there, and she brought her things with her. Chaerin tried to contact Dara's manager and when he reached him, he told her that Dara took on a sabbatical leave that her whereabouts were also not known by the agency.

Chaerin ended up going back to her mansion and confined herself once again. Mino and Jennie gave her comfort, telling her that they will do their best to find Dara with her. She doesn't want to burden them but the two still insisted. Days later, the two wasn't able to  track Dara down.

Chaerin's hugging her knees, not knowing what to do anymore. She heard her door creak open and reveals a worried Jiyong. "What happened? Why are you crying like that?"

"I... D-Dara... W-we... We ended..." Chaerin said in between her sobs.

Jiyong takes her into his arms and gave her a comforting hug. He caressed her back and shushed her. "Stop crying, Chae. The issue with Tiffany's over, right? You should be happy right now."

Chaerin shook her head and gulped. "We're over, Ji... We said things to each other... I wasn't thinking..."

"Have you talked with her about it?" He asked her in a worried voice.

"N-no. Sh-she left." Chaerin said in a hoarse voice.

Jiyong pulled out from their hug, enough to see Chaerin's face. He wiped her tears and softly said, "You must have been like this when I cheated on you. I'm sorry."

Then he hugs her once again and comfortingly patted her side, "You're better than this, Hunchae. You'll get through it."

[>>] END OF FLASHBACK

Chaerin comes back to her senses and shove any thoughts of  the past on her mind. She lets out an exasperating sigh and shifted her gaze to the view of skyscrapers beyond the tinted glass wall of her hotel room.

It didn't take long when she felt a short vibration from her hand. She checked her phone and opened the incoming message from Jennie.

JENNIE KIM

 

+639 16 xxx xxxx. It's Miss Romero's.
3:20pm

Senior accountant of the company that ChaeJi's affiliated with. 3:20pm

"I almost forgot to give her number."
3:21pm

I'm assuming that Jiyong asked you.
3:22pm

Sorry for disturbing your trip.
3:23pm

It's ok. Still your EA. My job.
3:25pm

Ok. Extend my hi to SooLiChaeng.
3:26pm

Got it. Someone's sulking here btw.
3:26pm

Tell your boyfriend that it doesn't suit him.
3:27pm

I miss you both. See you soon. X
3:27pm

Have fun, unnie! X
3:27pm

 

"I'll try." Chaerin muttered to herself and heaved a sigh.

She plunged into the couch beside her and closed her eyes for a short moment. The time she finally recollected her thoughts, she gets back to the phone in her hand and dialed the number that Jennie has given her.

Chaerin placed the phone near her ear and waited for the other person to answer. The ringing stopped at its fourth indicating that the receiver answered. "Hi. Miss Romero, are you nearby the hotel?"

"Yes, Miss Lee. Is there anything I can help you with?" A lady's husky yet soft voice welcomed her ears. It reminded her of Tiffany's voice, but this one's a bit more tenor.

Chaerin can't help but to raise her eyebrow in surprise. She even didn't hide it as she says, "Oh. You already know that it's me."

"Ah. Jennie told me that you're calling." The lady told her casually.

"Oh. Can you tour me around the vicinity?" Chaerin asked.

"It would be my pleasure." The excitement on the lady's voice suddenly made her smile.

"Thanks. I'll meet you in twenty."

"I'll just wait for you in the lobby, Miss Lee." The lady informed her and ended the call.

Before she could give her any response, Chaerin heard the phone made a short beep. She looked at her phone and finds that the lady hung up their conversation.

Chaerin snorted and shakes her head. "Brat."

She placed her phone on the coffee table in front of her and stands up, walking her way to the bedroom and started changing her clothes. She chose to wear something formal yet comfortable, just enough for her to fit in with the locals.

Before leaving her suite, Chaerin retrieved her phone back and placed it on her small pouch. She didn't even forget to bring her sunglasses with her, just in case she'll be needing it.

Chaerin took the lift and waited for a minute until she reached the hotel's ground floor. For a moment she recalled that she doesn't know the lady's fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter