First Encounter

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow alighted on Chaerin’s face, smoother than the kisses that he used to give her, and just as cold as her feelings had turned to since she caught him cheating on her. She wanted to turn it all back and live only with her good memories of him: his smiles that make her day complete, his hugs that make her feel safe and secured from any harm, and his sweet words comforting her that everything will be okay. He was the first person who believed in her. But life was pulling her into reality, the reality where the man she loves has changed and is no longer the same.

Chaerin wiped the tears falling from her eyes, telling herself that he doesn’t worth the tears. The cold breeze of winter is already starting to grow on her so she decided to leave and go somewhere where she can sulk all evening.

-

Dara glanced at the hotel’s window and fascinated at the view that she’s witnessing right now: snowflakes began falling from the skies. Winter has already come to Paris, and it made her smile. She suddenly remembered one of her childhood memories where she met a girl younger than her and told her that she was too ignorant to be mesmerized by the snowfall. Dara laughed at the thought and wondered, ‘Where could be that girl right now?’

She was pulled away from her reverie when her phone rang. Dara answered it without checking the caller ID knowing that it would be just her best friend. “Why are you calling me when we’re just one door away from each other?”

“It’s snowing.” The guy informed her. Mario knows that she appreciates every little thing and he never fails to tell her about it.

“I know. That’s why I’m going out. Are you not coming with me?” Dara invited her best friend. She cannot afford to miss the opportunity of enjoying this kind of weather in a foreign country.

“I’m sorry, Sandy. I need to get rest for the event tomorrow. You know how much I needed that.” Mario expressed his regret to his best friend. He wanted to accompany her but he’s not like Dara who’s already used to in this business. He needs more time to prepare.

“Okay then. Have a good rest, Oh.” Dara ended the call and grabbed her coat and long scarf from the clothes hanger. She wears the coat properly and puts the long scarf to her neck. She puts on the gloves to her hand and left her hotel room.

The cold breeze of winter welcomed Dara’s face as she walked along the streets of the city of lights. Unlike the last time she visited the place, there were only few people who were walking outdoors. She thought that maybe Parisians prefer to stay home in the first fall of snow.

After strolling around the city, Dara decided to get some booze before coming back. She made her way to the tavern nearest to the hotel where she is staying. As soon as she has arrived, the bartender greeted her. She nodded to the old man as a response and sat down to the stool right next to a blonde girl.

“One vodka please.” She removed her gloves as she ordered to the bartender. Dara looked to her side and noticed that the blonde girl beside her already looked drunk. ‘How can this girl let herself drunk alone in places like this?’ She shakes her head in disbelief.

The bartender placed the drink in front of her and went back to his work. Dara grasped the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter