Good To You

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already an hour beyond the regular working hours and yet Chaerin’s still inside her office. After talking with Jiyong earlier during lunch time, she decided to analyze YG Entertainment’s financial and operational structure, the scope of the artists’ status and other related stuff. She thought that maybe she could still do something to save the artists but as she asked Mino for a professional advice, he told her that let the Yang brothers do their work alone and just reprimand them if things get worse.

Chaerin signed the last document for the day and left her office. Her employees who must be on overtime greeted her politely as she passed by throughout the hallway. She headed her way down to the company’s lobby where Mino and Jennie await for her.

“Have you already made the reservation, Jennie?” She asked the younger lady as they make their way out of the company.

“Yes, unnie. By the way, Jiyong oppa called a while ago. He asked me if you’re almost done with what you were doing, and I said yes.” Jennie informed her.

“Okay.” She smiled with her brief reply.

Mino and Jennie exchanged quizzical looks then he shifted his gaze at Chaerin and asked. “Did you invite hyungnim for dinner?”

“It’s been a long time since the four of us eat together.” Chaerin casually said.

Mino opened the door to the passenger seat as soon as the car arrived from the valet. Chaerin noticed that the security car which always convoys her is not there, so right before she can enter the car she asked Mino. “Where are the others?”

“I asked Seungyoon hyung to treat the boys somewhere nice. I know you wanted to give them a break but you just don’t have the time tell them.” Mino smiled at her meekly.

Chaerin patted his shoulder and said, “Thank you. I just hope you lend Seungyoon the company credit card or else he’ll be paying their meals using his personal card.”

Mino just chuckled and replied, “Don’t worry. He didn’t leave me alone until he gets the card. Let’s go?”

She just nodded and clambered inside the car. Mino closed the door to the passenger’s seat and opened the other one to the shotgun seat. He looked at Jennie with a smile and gestured her to get in.

As soon as the girls were all set, Mino clambered inside the driver’s seat and fastened his seatbelt. He grasped the steering wheel and started to drive.

While on their way to the restaurant, Chaerin remembered that she has to inform Dara that she’ll be having dinner with her friends and Jiyong. She promised her that she’ll call her after work so she thinks that she’ll do it now.

Chaerin takes out the phone from her purse and swiped the screen to unlock it. The light illuminating from her phone somehow blinded her for a moment, but still she ignored it and dialed Dara.

Dara’s phone keeps on ringing but she wasn’t answering it. Chaerin tried to call her a few times but it’s still just the same. She decided to just call her again after an hour thinking that she might still be on shoot.

After a few minutes of travelling, the car stopped in front of a fancy Japanese restaurant. The door next to Chaerin opened and revealed Jiyong who’s smiling at her bashfully. “Hi.”

“Hi. You got here first than us. Wow.” Chaerin said as she clambers out of the car.

“Of course. I am excited to have a meal with the three of you again. Hi, Jennie. Mino.” He greeted the other two as soon as he sees them.

“Ne oppa. Annyeonghaseyo.” Jennie greeted him politely while Mino just gave him a curt nod.

“So, shall we get inside? Paparazzi might appear and I don’t want to get Chae in trouble.” Jiyong snorted.

Chaerin looked around and started to become attentive at their surroundings. The other two did the same two. Jennie and Mino closed their stance to Chaerin just in case if there is really a paparazzi trailing around them.

Seeing the two’s immediate action, Jiyong made a short laugh. He looked at them and said, “I was just kidding. Come, I already made the orders. I hope you’re all still eating the same as before.”

Chaerin just shook her head and smiled. She just finds the younger two’s reaction cute when Jiyong teased them. The four of them entered the restaurant and walked their way to the VIP room allotted for them.

When they’ve reached the door to the VIP room, Chaerin lost her balance and almost tripped. She was lucky that Jiyong is just behind her to support her shoulders before she falls.

“Chaerin-ah. Gwaenchanha?” Jiyong asked her in concern.

Chaerin lightly patted his hand and assured him. “Yes. I just think that my eyes aren’t comfortable with the restaurant’s new lighting.”

“But it’s just the same lighting, noona. Nothing has changed.” Mino said in concern.

“Oh. Maybe I was too occupied with my laptop’s brightness.” She genuinely reasoned out to make them stop from worrying. She doesn’t feel tired at all so she thinks that it could just be the usage of too much brightness with her laptop today.

The others didn’t argue with her and entered the VIP room. The ladies seated next to each other while across them are the gentlemen.

Before she could start conversation with her friends, Chaerin tried to contact Dara again. Her phone kept on ringing but she’s not answering at all. She stopped for a moment from calling her girlfriend and looked at the time. She realized that Seoul is two hours advanced from Bangkok and she just thought that maybe Dara’s already wrapping things up from her shoot. Chaerin decided to just call again later maybe after dinner.

The four of them chatted like they used to before. For a moment, Mino threw his cold demeanor towards Jiyong and treated him again as his hyung. They talked about anything but work. Chaerin and Jiyong even teased Mino and Jennie when they noticed that the two kept on stealing glances at each other, but the two instantly denied things even though they’re blushing faces tell otherwise.

It’s been a long time since Chaerin had seen Jiyong laugh or smile like this. If she just knew that this dinner will make her see her best friend like that again, then she should have asked him to dine with them again earlier. Chaerin thinks that it won’t be bad if Jiyong would join them often, but she still has to discuss it with Dara so that they’ll avoid any misunderstandings.

A few minutes later, their orders arrived. The maître d' served each of the food on the table and left when he’s done placing them. Jiyong looked at the three and smiled seeing from their faces that his orders were still correct. He grabbed his chopsticks and spoon and said, “Let’s eat.”

The others take their own utensils too and they started eating their dinner silently.

After eating her dinner, it crossed again on Chaerin’s mind to call her girlfriend. She thinks that she must be probably done with her schedule today so she excused herself from her friends for a moment. “I’ll just go to the restroom.”

She stands up from her seat and was about to walk her way to the restroom when her vision gets blurred and her mind started to shut down. A few seconds later, her body collapsed and her vision went to black.

As soon as they heard the thud sound from the door, Mino, Jennie and Jiyong scurried towards Chaerin’s direction. Jiyong immediately knelt down and placed her head on his knee and started shaking her. “Chaerin-ah. Chaerin-ah. Wake up, please.”

Mino started to panic, not knowing what to do. Jennie gets hold of his wrist and said, “Calm down oppa. Just call 911.”

Jennie bends down and looked at her friend. She keeps herself calm and placed her index and middle finger close to ailmentChaerin’s nose. She sighed and relief and glanced at the two guys who are about to lose it. “I think Chaerin unnie’s just sleeping.”

“Are you sure about that?” Mino still asked in worry.

Jennie nodded and said, “I’m not a professional but I think her breathing’s still stable. And look at her, she looks peaceful.”

Jiyong stared at Chaerin and somehow finds Jennie’s words as his comfort. Chaerin does look peaceful yet he wants to make sure that she’s okay and she’s free from any terminal sickness.

“The ambulance is already outside. Let’s go.” Mino informed them.

“Jennie. Make sure that this won’t leak to the media. You know what will happen if it does.” Jiyong instructed and reminded her.

“Ne, oppa. I already know about that.” Jennie casually replied.

A few seconds later, the rescue team arrived with the stretcher and brought Chaerin towards to ambulance, heading their way to the hospital.

As soon as Chaerin gained her consciousness, the first person she sees is Jiyong. His hair already tousled, his collar already ruffled, and his necktie was already loosened. It looks like he really got worried when she passed out. A smile crept up on her face at this sight of him. She feels grateful to have him as her best friend.

The thought of passing out suddenly crossed her mind. She remembered that she hasn’t skipped her meals today and yet she still fainted. She moved her hand and realized that she’s on IV. Chaerin moves out from the hospital bed discreetly and walks her way to the restroom.

“Where are you going?” Jiyong’s question stopped her from her tracks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter