Friends?

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heavy silence settled inside the van as they drive their way to the resort that the protege of RGC reserved for Chaerin and Jiyong. Dara was about to decline the strangely nice offer that Jiyong is giving to them but Mario beat her again to it.

She was expecting for her best friend to speak out for her. But instead of rejecting Jiyong’s offer, Mario casually agreed and told that it is more fun to explore together and it will be much more convenient to them.

Dara was no other choice but to remain in her seat at that moment. Though she could sense that Chaerin is feeling the same about it, that Chaerin is totally not pleased with what’s happening, Dara remained silent.

The roads along their way aren’t that good. There were times that they encounter bumpy roads which made her and Chaerin’s skins touch. Dara would look at her at those times but Chaerin pretended not to get affected by it. The latter would even give enough space so that their skin won’t get into contact again.

The trip was torture for both Chaerin and Dara. The tension between them goes thicker as time goes by. Unsettled eyes glanced hastily around and tried to avoid catching other glances that passed by.

Dara shifted uncomfortably in her seat, while Chaerin grasped both of her hands to stop herself from shaking. They didn’t know that Jiyong who’s just beside Chaerin, and Mario who’s just behind them are stifling their smiles as they witness the lame but still progressing event for the two.

They arrived Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa in no time and checked in their bags to the room assigned to them. It looked like Jiyong and Chaerin will be staying in the resort’s most luxurious room, and the thought of the two sharing one room somehow sent pang into Dara’s heart.

Even though she’s already dying with jealousy, she continued acting like she doesn’t care and went her way.

She wasn’t just aware that Jiyong and Mario are eyeing her and Chaerin’s actions warily.

After a good few minutes of rest, they recollected at the resort’s lobby. As expected, Chaerin and Jiyong changed their clothes. Dara doesn’t know about Jiyong, but she knows that Chaerin wanted to blend in with the others so she wore simpler clothes.

Dara can’t help but to smile at Chaerin’s presence right now. She’s thankful enough that she had the chance to look at her even just like this – so close and yet so far.

Mario nudged her elbow and mumbled which was enough for her to hear. “She’ll melt if you keep on staring at her like that.”

Dara glared at him and sternly said, “I’m not. I just can’t wait to explore this island.”

“Oh yes, you are.” Mario snorted which caught everyone’s attention.

Dara steals another glance at Chaerin and noticed that unlike the others, she keeps her eyes on the things around them. She’s not paying the slightest attention to them.

‘Do I make you uncomfortable, Chaerin-ah?’ Dara frowned.

“Honda Bay is one of the attractions that Palawan has to offer with its tourists and luckily, we are booked in a resort near the bay. I know that you want to explore the sea right now but we’ll have a time for that later. I hope you don’t mind if I bring you to Palawan Museum where relics and artifacts are being kept.” Jedine announced.

“That’s fine with us. I’m sure CL here can wait.” Jiyong said enthusiastically and placed his arm around Chaerin’s shoulder.

Dara waited for Chaerin to say something, to disagree, but she just heaved a sigh and nodded as a gesture for them to carry on.

Everyone started to move and walk their way to the van when Dara finally speaks up, “Maybe we should explore the city by ourselves, Jed.”

The rest stopped from their tracks and turned to look at her, then she continued. “I, we, don’t want to inconvenience you any further.”

“Whatever. We’ll go with our without you. Let’s go. The time’s ticking. I still want to witness the sunset at the beach later.” Chaerin unexpectedly uttered and leaves first.

Dara stands still in her place and can’t still believe that Chaerin just talked to her. Although it was indirectly and in a rude tone, she still talked to her.

Before she could lose herself in her thoughts, she felt a light grip on her wrist and sees an anxious Mario. “Look, Sandy. You know Miss CL better than the rest of us. I’m already on her bad side. Please just don’t make it worse? Let’s just enjoy this rare opportunity and have fun.”

A heavy silence settled over them the moment all of them got inside the van. Due to the discomfort of the previous seating arrangement, they changed seats. Jiyong and Chaerin remained at the front row seats, while Dara joined Mario and Baifern on the second row seats. The three others – Kemisara, Sananthachat, and Teeradon remained at the third row seat which made the manager to seat at the front beside Jedine, the executive assistant.

The uneasy tension in the atmosphere remained for a while. A few minutes more, they arrived at Palawan Museum. As soon as they stepped out from the van, Dara desperately breathed in the fresh air.

She let the others go inside the museum first and takes a look of the park in front of them. Dara took a few steps forward and smiled as she comes closer to the city’s park.

The park was nothing like those of the cities she’d been in the country. Puerto Princesa’s park has miniature formal gardens for its locals who enjoy a serene atmosphere. It has benches, ornamental trees, flowers, and water fountains. There are also courts for various outdoor sports, vendors with variety of food.

Dara saw an empty bench and took her seat there, enjoying the picturesque view of kids playing around, friends happily chatting, and couples being affectionate to each other.

She sighed and looked down right after. She started contemplating on whether she should join the others inside or should just get a time of her own to clear her mind.

‘They probably won’t notice me.’ She told herself.

But then, she felt her phone vibrated and there she takes it from her pocket and read the message coming from Jedine asking her on her whereabouts. She doesn’t want to worry her friend so she abruptly stands up from her seat and ended her short solitary moment.

Dara crossed the street and went inside the museum. From a good distance, she spotted Chaerin observing some artifact. Dara used this opportunity and dared to stare at Chaerin. She then spotted a familiar white gold bracelet with a small crucifix dangling o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter