Revelation

Love Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been days since Chaerin and Dara came back from their short yet memorable trip in Tokyo. Since they got back home, they also have to get back to their own schedules. They have to face reality again.

Right after they got back from Japan, Dara had suggested to Chaerin that if she and Tiffany want to make their relationship more realistic from everyone, Dara has to live back again to her condominium. At first, Chaerin didn’t like the idea of it but agreed later on as it was her own choice to help Tiffany with her problem.

The both of them just made an agreement that they’re still going to sleep together at night whenever Chaerin’s not occupied with work and her meetings, while Dara must still get in touch with her during their free time. Dara also warned Chaerin about not getting too close with Tiffany, that intimate skinship is still not allowed. And Chaerin agreed.

Chaerin’s on her office room right now, busy reviewing the documents that were sent to her earlier when the door opened and revealed Jiyong who looked dreadful.

She looked him in the eyes and worriedly asked, “Is there a problem?”

-

[<<] Flashback

About a week ago, when Jiyong’s still busy of thinking his next move against Chaerin and Dara’s relationship, he received a call from Mario telling him to meet up.

He wondered why the guy suddenly wanted to meet with him. Jiyong thought of not showing himself up but it also crossed his mind that it might be important so he still went to the place where Mario asked him to go.

When he arrived at the secluded café in Itaewon, there was Mario already waiting for him. Jiyong took the seat across from him and was greeted by Mario’s wretched look.

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and tried to decipher that look from Mario’s face, but failed. He leaned his back on the seat’s backrest and finally asked, “What is it?”

“Your precious Chaerin is a cheater.” Mario spat out the last word bitterly, like an acid starting to burn his tongue.

It just made his brows furrow more that lines began to appear on his forehead. “What do you mean by that?”

“I saw her just this afternoon, in this café flirting with someone. I don’t understand how rich people like you and Miss CL stomach to deceive people. Dara doesn’t deserve this.” Mario infuriatingly informed him, as if cursing both Chaerin and Jiyong for arriving in his best friend’s life.

“Do you mean that Chaerin cheated on Dara? Are you telling me that she’s seeing someone other than your best friend?” Jiyong asked him in irritation, in disbelief.

Mario didn’t give him a direct answer but a vague one, “I thought that she’s something different from you but you guys are just the same.”

“Who?” Jiyong demanded.

“Miss Tiffany Hwang.”

Jiyong just doesn’t know that what Mario had just informed him was contained with lies, that Mario changed the crucial parts of the story to get back at him for hurting Dara emotionally.

Jiyong didn’t know that Mario is playing this game not as a team but individually.

[>>] End of Flashback

Jiyong shook off the thoughts that have been disturbing him these fast few days. He can’t just let another person be in Chaerin’s life. He doesn’t want to compete with one more person in Chaerin’s heart.

As much as he wanted to doubt the allegations that Mario is pointing to the love of his life, his bestfriend, he couldn’t. The hatred from Mario’s eyes was enough for him to tell that Chaerin is indeed doing something behind Dara.

A part of Jiyong feels guilty about it. It crossed his mind that maybe, maybe it is his fault that Chaerin’s cheating with Tiffany. But Jiyong washed away the guiltiness that he was feeling and told himself that he must take it to his advantage and get Chaerin back.

Jiyong looked once again to the door in front of him. He contemplated if he should knock. But as he noticed that the door has been slightly opened, he stepped in and didn’t bother knocking.

“Is there a problem?” Chaerin immediately asked the moment their eyes met. Her eyes full of concern.

Jiyong breathed deeply and pursed his lips. He walked his way in and approached Chaerin. He knows that it won’t do them any better if he’ll just dismiss her question. He needed to be straightforward.

He nods his head and uttered a plea, “Chae, would you please give us another chance?”

Jiyong suddenly feels desperate. That information about Chaerin and Tiffany, it affected him so bad. He thinks on why Chaerin should go with Tiffany when he’s there for her, on what did she see in Tiffany and chose to have an affair with her.

The three of them knew each other since college. He knows Tiffany Hwang enough that the other girl is head over heels with her very own best friend, just like how he is with Chaerin. The girl even ditched her own wedding just for her best friend.

It suddenly made Jiyong curious on how and when did things between Tiffany and Chaerin start knowing that Chaerin’s been too consumed with Dara. He badly wanted to ask her, but told himself that it isn’t the right time for it. So Jiyong just stood there and waited for Chaerin’s reply.

He’d seen how Chaerin softened her gaze towards him, how she assessed the right words in her mind and finally said, “I already told you that it’s much better if we stay like this, Ji. I’m sorry.”

“I will never cheat on you again, Chae. I will do anything again to make you happy. Just please come back to me.” He said in full desperation. If Chaerin tells him to get down on his knees, he will. But he knows that Chaerin hates those kinds of things so he remained his gaze at her.

But Chaerin looked away from him and uttered, “You know that I love Dara. I can’t hurt her.”

He scoffed after hearing what she had just said and replied, “Really? From what I heard, you always hang out with Tiffany right now. Does Dara-ssi know about this?”

He saw how her eyes widened at the mention of Tiffany. But instead of being flustered, Chaerin composed herself and said, “Yes. And she knows that it’s not real.”

Jiyong let some tear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter