SIDE CHAPTER: ONE

Can You Keep A Secret- Seventeen Wonwoo Fanfiction

—Soon Young & Haru—
{Flashback: Two Years Ago}

 


Soon Young's P.OV

Soon Young just minded his own business, looking around the school's soccer field. All the students were outside, having fun, playing games. That day, the teachers let the students have a "free day", meaning no tests or lessons. 

"I'm going to get some water." Soon Young said as he got up from the ground, dusting off his . Jun, his Chinese friend, looked up at him, Mingyu doing the same. "Bring me some too." Mingyu told him, slightly slapping his leg. Soon Young frowned at him, rolling his eyes then finally walking off. 

Soon Young plugged in his earphones and put on his favourite music, dancing along as he pranced around. He went to the vending machine and put in some money, pushing a button so that the water bottle could fall. 

As Soon Young was walking back, he was bumped into by a girl running in the direction he was going. Apparently when she did so, something fell from her school jacket, causing a certain little boy to be curious. He bent over to pick it up then looked at the school ID card and it read: "Lee Haru." He said as he looked back up. 

Soon Young was walking around the school, hoping to see the girl again. Sure, he didn't see her face the first time but he wanted to return her ID card. It was important for school anyway. 

He heard crying from a distance and walked closer to the soft whimpers (His earplugs already out). It was coming from the school's cleaning supply closet. He wrapped his fingers around the door nob and twisted so that it would open, and when he did, he saw a girl on the floor, her face buried in her hands. 

"U-Um, Excuse me." He said, tapping her shoulder lightly. She looked up and Soon Young widened his eyes, she was beautiful. Sure, she was crying, snot running down her nose, eyes red, but it made his heart race a bit. "U-Um, you dropped this by accident." He said, giving her her ID card.  

She sniffed a bit, bowing her head slightly, and accepting it. The aura was getting awkward by the second until she finally spoke. "Please close the door when leaving...." She spoke softly. He looked at her with a sad expression. He sighed and stood up, reaching for the door and shutting it close, the only thing is, he was still inside the closet with her. He the light and smiled. 

"W-What are you doing?" She questioned, looking up at him. Soon Young just smiled and took out his phone, putting on some music. He took his position and soon, began dancing. 

Soon Young went all out. He wasn't trying to show off or anything but he wanted the girl to smile. And she did. Soon Young happened to catch a glimpse of her smile, and when he did, he fell. "Omo! Are you okay?!" She asked as she rushed to his side. He sat up and rubbed his head. 

"Ah......." He sighed, "Embarrassing....". Haru smiled and pinched his cheek. They both made eye contact for about three seconds, and turned their heads. 

-

"Thanks for cheering me up....." Haru said as she looked down at her swaying feet. At the moment, Soon Young and Haru were at the opposite building, the one no one used anymore because it was abandoned for reconstruction but it was never remodeled. 

"Heh....... You're welcome......." Soon Young blushed. They were both inside the old gymnasium and were sitting at the benches. Soon Young scooted closer to Haru, inch by inch. 

"A boy rejected me." She said out of no where. Soon young just looked at her with a confused stare. "That's why I was crying......" She finished. 

Soon Young didn't know what to do. Should he comfort her? Knowing that she didn't have a boyfriend? Or let it be, realizing that there was already a guy in her heart.

"But that's okay. From today onwards, I will never look at another man!" She reassured. Soon Young looked down in disappointment. 

"Y'know...... All guys aren't like that......." He said, looking away. 

"Yeah but, I'm not going to risk it. I've had enough of it."

"But what if the guy seems to like you a lot?" Soon Young scooted closer to Haru, their pinkies slightly touching, causing both Haru and Soon Young's hand to become hot. But neither of them pulled away.

"W-Why are you suddenly asking these questions?" She asked, looking away. Soon Young shrugged, continuing to look away. 

"Just cuz......." 

-

A month had past and Soon Young continued doing his job, make Haru's smile grow each day. As he did, his affection for her did as well. 

"Yah! Soonie~" she called, grabbing his attention. Ever since his corny pick up line, 'My name is Soon Young but you can call me soon', Haru gave him the nickname 'Soonie'. Soon Young didn't mind of course, he thought of it as a cute nick name.

Soon Young blinked and turned his attention to her, the impatient Haru. "Huh? Sorry. I was just thinking." At the moment, Haru and Soon Young were eating together, on a bench. Recently, Haru and Soon Young hung out a lot, and became closer. 

"Of what?" She asked.

"U-Uh.... Nothing....."  He said, looking away. Her face was really cute, she had a grain of rice right next to her lips.  "So, how's Eunmi?" He asked. The Kwon and Kang family are really close, the parents are, but not so much the kids. Whenever the Kwon family would come over for dinner, the kids never talked to each other.

Soon Young and Eunmi only bonded once. Eunmi caught him dancing to a song in the Kang garden, and complimented him on his dancing. For the rest of the evening, they talked about simple things. The next time they saw each other, they just greeted and left. 

"Why? Do you like her?" Haru asked. Soon Young chuckled as her tone of speech changed, almost as if she were jealous. To a little, Soon Young shrugged and looked away, trying to hid his smile. 

"Oh......" She said. He looked back at her and laughed. 

"I was kidding Pabo. I like you." He said, pinching her nose. As soon as he realized what he said, he pulled away, blushing really hard. "U-Uh...... Sorry....... I-Im going to go......  I'll see you later..." He said and ran off.

-

The next day, he waited for Haru outside her class, greeting Eunmi as she walked by. "Ah! Haru!" He called as he saw her trying to sneak away. He jogged up to her, offering to carry her books but she refused. "Look, I um.... About yesterday–"

"I'm sorry." She said, her fringe covering her eyes. "I can't accept your feelings." 

Soon Young widened his eyes, his heart feeling uneasy, his hands shaky. He saw the rejection coming, but the signs she was giving him gave him hope. "T-That's okay. I didn't expect you to. But we can still be friends." He smiled. 

"I'm sorry. We can't. It'll be too awkward. This is the end for us, Soon Young. I'm sorry." She bowed, scurrying off to who knows where, and left him standing in the sea of students, but he never felt so alone. 

"The end?" 

~~~~~~~~~~

160913
Currently, it's hot. I'm burning. 

Yeah, I did a side story. I think it's cute that Soon Young and Haru had a past together. Don't worry, there will be more to this (I think). Be sure to vote and comment, cuz like, my idea wasn't thought through. I'll do some more side stories but they all won't be based on Hoshi and Haru. ^^ I'll be posting this in my Imagine book as well. Take care!