Chapter Ten: Unpleasant Greetings

Can You Keep A Secret- Seventeen Wonwoo Fanfiction

"Interesting." They both heard. They pulled away from each other and saw Jennie there smiling, on a lollipop. She chuckled and took it out from , making a huge smack sound with her lips. "And here I thought the two of you hated each other. Is this how you treat your hated ones? Maybe I should become one." She smirked. 

"What are you doing here?" Wonwoo asked, ignoring her statement. She walked to the wall, leaning against it as she continued to on her candy. She smiled to herself. 

"Can I not live here? I mean, if I can't, we're in big trouble." She chuckled. "But that doesn't matter right now, Wonwoo-ah." She smiled. She walked up to Wonwoo, faces inches apart. Wonwoo didn't move, but it wasn't like he was scared. "What is she to you?" 

Wonwoo glanced at Eunmi, then back at her. "You're not too bad. I feel like we'll get along better if we continue this..... I mean, it's only the first day and we're talking as if we're...... Friends." Wonwoo chuckled. 

"But we're not." Eunmi said. 

Wonwoo shook his head as he recalled that day, when she said that they weren't friends. Wonwoo took a deep breath, closing his eyes, then opening them again. "She's Kang Eunmi. She is....... heh..... one hell of a bad ." He chuckled. 

Eunmi stared at him. "That's it? I can say that about her too. How does Jeon Wonwoo feel about Kang Eunmi?" Jennie tried again. 

Wonwoo walked away from Jennie and back to Eunmi. "That doesn't matter right now." He said and grabbed her arm before walking off. "We'll be going now!" He shouted. Jennie pouted, unsatisfied with his answer. 

As Wonwoo and Eunmi continued walking, Eunmi jerked her arm back, causing Wonwoo to stop. "Wae? (What/Why?)" he asked. Eunmi looked up at Wonwoo, chest feeling a bit uneasy. "Yah. What's wrong?" Wonwoo asked, a bit concerned. 

Eunmi sighed as she broke their gaze, shifting her eyes to her feet. "I can't go with you." She told him. Wonwoo, unable to understand why, took a step forward. 

"Why?" 

"Why should I? We-" a bit of saliva danced off her tongue and entered the wrong tube, voice hitching. "We aren't even close..... You're closer to Mingyu than you are with me, yet.... You still want to show me...." 

Wonwoo balled his fists, looking away. "Pabo. That's different. Its 'cuz you're-" 

Before Wonwoo could even finish, her phone rang. But she didn't pick it up. "What exactly am I to you, Jeon Wonwoo." She asked, stepping closer to him. Wonwoo's face turned a deep crimson. 

"A-Ah......"

"Eunmi!!!!!!" Eunmi turned to the direction where her name was being shouted, widening her eyes. "It's good to see you again!" She stood still, too shocked to have seen him. He jogged up to her, wrapping his arms around her slim body. Wonwoo was enraged. He grabbed his forearm, pulling it away from Eunmi. 

"Who are you?" Wonwoo asked with a piercing glare. The young man only looked surprised at Wonwoo's action, staring into his eyes, puzzled. 

The young man was foreign, skin a soft shade of tan- not too pigmented, dark brown eyes, body built. He seemed to have picked up Korean somehow, but that didn't matter at the moment.

Wonwoo's eyes never left his. He clicked his tongue as he wasn't not satisfied with the unanswered question. Wonwoo's grip on him only tightened, anger boiling. "Yah! I asked you a question!" Wonwoo yelled. Eunmi pushed the young lad arms back down, trying to calm Wonwoo.

"Jeon, it's okay." She smiled faintly. She whipped her head toward the young lad, smirking. "Yah! What are you doing here????" She asked, hitting his arm playfully. 

Wonwoo seemed puzzled. Kang...... is smiling ........ at a boy? He thought. He was stunned when he saw the two kept laughing. Wonwoo awkwardly coughed as he took a step forward. 

"Ah! That's right! Jeon, is is my friend, José. He's from Spain. I met him when we went during the summer." She smiled, eyes not leaving José's. Wonwoo clicked his tongue and looked away. 

"Nice to meet you." José said, sticking a hand out. Wonwoo showed no attention and looked back at Eunmi. Wonwoo grabbed Eunmi's hand and pulled her to his side. 

"Sorry, but Eunmi and I are heading somewhere and we're kinda in a rush." He said with a straight face. Just as they were about to leave, Eunmi tore her arm away from his grasp. Wonwoo turned around with widened eyes.

"I'm not going with you." She said. "A friend is here, I have to show my hospitality." Wonwoo's aura turned black and they could both see it. The lad seemed a tad frightened but he hid it. 

"What the hell Kang! Just a few minutes ago you were too scared to even climb down the balcony! I mean- we almost-!" Wonwoo shouted in rage. He couldn't think straight which explains why he couldn't finish the sentence. 

Eunmi sighed as she knew he was right. But having José here was very unexpected. She walked toward Wonwoo, who was hurt and looking down at his feet, clutching his fists. She brought her hand up to his face, making him look at her. "Maybe next time." She smiled. 

Wonwoo pulled away from her touch, chest hurting. "There won't be a next time." He said, and walked away, back to the Kang Mansion.

-

"It's so surprising that you came, José!" Eunmi's father cheered. "Ah~" he sighed,"It's great having you." He smiled. José smiled really big but his attention never left Eunmi's, not even for a second. Her father saw that and whispered in his ear, "She's available." José smiled as he looked to his feet.

Eunmi's father quietly stood up and once again whispered in his ear. "I'll leave you two alone. You both have some catching up to do." He patted his shoulder before walking out the room. 

The two smiled and looked around the room, wondering what they were going to say. "You're not coming  closer?" He said, catching her attention. She shook her head amusingly before sitting next to him. "It's been a while." 

"Mm. When did you arrive?" She asked. 

"Just today. I couldn't wait any longer." He smiled shyly. He looked down at his hands as his face turned into a light shade of pink. "I missed you......" 

Eunmi chuckled as she blushed herself, looking away in embarrassment. "Me too." She mumbled. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Wonwoo pass, walking into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water and opened the lid before chugging down the cold beverage. 

"Is something wrong?" José asked as he looked at the direction she was facing. "Ah.......... It's that guy again. You must like him..." he said as he looked down, disappointment shown on his face.

"A-Ani! (N-No!) It's not like that!" She frantically clapped her hands, trying to clear the misunderstanding. "It's just I feel bad for not going with him earlier. He seemed as if he was hurt." 

Wonwoo stood outside the room they were talking in, body slouched against the wall. "Tch. Who's hurt." He said as he took another gulp of water. "Ah, really this Kang. She's too much." He chuckled as he walked away to get ready. 

As they (Eunmi and José) kept talking, it was already time for the Kang and Jeon family to dine. They decided to go to a fancy restaurant nearby. Eunmi bid José goodbye and scurried off to get ready.

As soon as she finished putting on her dress, she brushed her hair. She put on some pink-tinted chapstick and made her way out the door. As soon as she did, Wonwoo had just stepped out of his door, both making eye contact. The stairs were in the middle so it was most likely that they were going to meet mutually. 

The began walking at the same time, as expected, and as the met, the stood in front of each other, not saying a word. Wonwoo would be lying if he said that she didn't look cute in the dress. He looked away sharply, heading down first.

"Heol. (Wow.) He's that mad......" Eunmi said in disappointment as she followed him down the stairs. 

"Ready?" Eunmi's father asked, fixing his tie. Wonwoo bowed, smiling a bit, as did Bohyuk. "How about you, Eunmi? Ready?". Bohyuk looked up to see Eunmi on the last step, her looking straight at Wonwoo.

"Wah! Noona! You look so pretty! Doesn't she look pretty, Hyung?" Bohyuk asked Wonwoo. Wonwoo shrugged, not sparing a glance. "Yah. What kind of answer is that?"

"Enough." Their father interrupted, "Let's get going." He insisted. They all entered one limo, leaving Eunmi beside Wonwoo. The atmosphere was so awkward, according to Bohyuk. 

"Yah. Jeon...." Eunmi whispered. "Gwenchana? (Are you okay?)" she asked. Wonwoo just ignored her and placed his earbuds in his ear, listing to his favourite songs. Eunmi couldn't take it any longer. She yanked his earbuds out, grabbing his attention. "Yah!!!!" She yelled. It startled the family. 

"Until how long are you gonna be childish?!" She yelled. Wonwoo turned to her, looking back at his parents. "Can we talk about this later?"He asked, looking a tad nervous. 

"Sireo. (No)." She pouted. 

"Ugh! Driver, please stop the car!" He yelled. The fathers looked confused. Wonwoo's father was loosing his patience. "What nonsense are you talking about?" He asked, glaring at Wonwoo. Wonwoo opened the car door, jumping out and grabbing Eunmi's hand to bring her with him. 

"I'll tell you later Appaji. We'll meet you at the restaurant. Don't worry, this won't take long." He reassured, closing the door shut. Wonwoo watched the limo drive off, leaving him in an awkward position. 

"Now. Let's talk." Eunmi huffed as she tapped her fingers against her crossed arms. "Why are you so mad at me?" She asked. 

"I'm not mad." Wonwoo said and walked ahead. Eunmi pouted and walked up to match his distance. "Yeah, Okay. Like I haven't said that before." She mumbled. "I just wanna know~ Jeon! Don't be mad!" She whined, grabbing onto his arm, pouting like a small child. It startled him.

"Don't touch me. Not with the same hands you touched him." He growled, tearing his arm away from her grasp. Eunmi slightly widened her eyes, a little heart broken that he was cruel about it. Wait. What? Eunmi smirked, skipping towards him, tilting her head to the side. 

"Yah~ Are you jealous?" She hummed. Wonwoo stopped and turned a light shade is pink. 

"Aniyo.... (No)." He answered.

Eunmi grinned, looking down onto the concrete sidewalk. "You're jealous." She hummed, walking ahead of him. "Why are you jealous?" She asked, twirling to face him.

"Yah. When did I say I was jealous? I'm not. Why would you care anyway? You're suppose to hate me." 

Eunmi widened her eyes. He was right. When did she let herself get attached to Wonwoo? "Tch. You're right. Forget it. I'm glad you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous!" He groaned, trying to get that through Eunmi's stubborn head. "Why should I be jealous? Were enemies after all!"

"What kind of person kisses their enemies?!"

"What kind of person allows their enemy to kiss them?!" Eunmi pouted, not even sparing him a glance. It was her fault for allowing him to get closer. She wasn't strict enough. 

"You're right......." she mumbled. "It's my fault....." 

"Oh my G— Kang, stop. Don't say it's your fault. Stop. Just, no. You're not at fault, okay?"

"No, it is! How can I let you get close to me like that?! You've kissed me so many times! We've even slept together! Why is this happening to me???!" She cried.

"Ah— Its okay! Don't cry." Wonwoo hushed, wiping her tears away. "I'm not mad anymore, Kang. Okay! Okay! I'll admit! I'm jealous!! I'm hella jealous that in all the time we've started bonding, That dude José gets to ruin it and hog you for himself! Hell yeah I would be jealous!"

"You're suppose to hate me too....." she whimpered. "Why are you so jealous?"

"Because— I hate you......?" He mumbled. "Yeah, I ing hate you, Kang. You're always in my head! I get distracted a lot by you. You're one hella cute tough girl. It's adorable." He smiled. Eunmi looked up at him, seeing a smile on his face. He wiped her tears, caressing her face. "Now, let's get going. It is our last night together." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~
170325

This has not been proofread. Sorry.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay! It's just a lot has happened in the last month, that's why this chapter is a bit crappy. Hopefully everything will get better in the next chapter cuz this is just too much drama in one chapter, even for me. 

Thank you so much for reading! I love you ChocolateBars! ❤️🍫