Chapter Four: Misunderstanding

Can You Keep A Secret- Seventeen Wonwoo Fanfiction

Wonwoo's P.O.V

Wonwoo sat down on top of his desk, eyeing the girls that came in. Ever since Eunmi and Wonwoo joined the school, the relationship between them (themselves along with the boys and girls) both had been a bit rough. If only Eunmi allowed the boys to do what they want, things could've been easy, but he knows that Eunmi won't be able to go down without a fight. 

"Look, he's looking at us. Go tell him." He heard the girls whisper. To be honest, Wonwoo only glanced at the girls for mere seconds, he was actually thinking about the problems Eunmi caused. It just so happened that he was looking their way while pondering.

One girl approached very shyly, her assumed friends watching from their desks. "U-Um...... May I talk to you? I-In private?" She asked, ever so quietly. 

Wonwoo looked at his friends then back at her. "Sure, we have time to spare." He said, hopping of his desk. The two walked out the classroom and into the hallway. "Go ahead." 

"U-Um..... I've been watching you for a while now a-and....... I wanted to say that.... I-I like you....." She confessed. Wonwoo chuckled. 

"Sure doesn't seem like it. You're not looking at me. Besides, it's only the second day of school. How can you like me? Are you sure you like me because of my looks, or who I really am?" He grabbed onto her shoulders and pushed her against the wall. "There's no use in calling for help. It's empty." He chuckled. 

The girl's eyes widened, she was shocked to be exact. She didn't know he was this different. He had always looked mature, friendly..... caring. 

"What's your name?" He asked, still holding onto her shoulders.

"Kim Young Mi....." She answered. Her eyes were teary, her nose beginning to run. Wonwoo laughed as he again pushed her against the wall, but more gently. 

"No one told you to like me, Kim Young Mi." Wonwoo let go of her, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Don't expect me to like you back if you don't even know who I really am." Was his reply. He walked back to the classroom, seeing that she ran straight to the girl's bathroom instead. He chuckled and continued walking to his group of friends. 

Yeah...... It's all Kang Eunmi's fault. She makes me look all innocent. 

-

Eunmi's P.O.V

There's no practice today so come with me to the street market. That's an order. 
-Wonwoo

Tch. He can go by himself. Eunmi thought as she turned off her phone, placing it in her bag. She planned on going straight home, doing her homework, then going straight to bed. Wonwoo had her wake up really early and get him food. Who does that? I'll just act like I didn't see it, and that my phone was turned off. She snickered as she was beginning to walked out the school building. 

As she took her first step out, a voice startled her. "Yo. You took too long." Wonwoo said, leaning against the wall. Eunmi groaned and walked towards him, knowing that she wouldn't be able to walk away from this. 

"I don't wanna go~ I'm sleepy~ If only you hadn't have woken me up this morning, so early, I probably wouldn't have disagreed." She pouted, crossing her arms and showing her back to him. 

"Ah, c'mon. You know you love me~" he teased, bringing his arm around Eunmi's shoulder. Eunmi her teeth and gave him a face of disgust. "In your dreams, pretty boy." She muttered.

"So this is why you made Young Mi cry?! Because of this ?" A girl asked, in an angrily manner. "Young Mi is much cuter and prettier than this girl." She added.

"You made a girl cry?!" Eunmi yelled, throwing his arm off her. She squeezed his wrist, making him whinge in pain. 

"Don't play nice guy, whoever you are. You're probably the jealous girlfriend of his and ordered him to say such cruel things to girls." She shot. Wonwoo smirked as he saw that Eunmi was mad, she was mad for her to say such ridiculous things. 

Eunmi pushed Wonwoo away and walked towards the girl. "You think I, Kang Eunmi, like this bastard?! Ha. You're a newbie aren't you? What class are you in? Are you in any first year classes?" 

"I-I don't have to tell you, ." 

"Obviously you are. You really have a lot of nerves treating your sunbaes like that. I hardly take the guy's side at anything. Don't act like you know me if you're just a kid." Eunmi growled. 

"Yeah? Who says that you aren't one either?" She shot back. "I heard of you. You're the daughter of the famous and rich Kang. The one and only Kang Eunmi. What do you plan on doing to me? Money doesn't solve everything."

"Surely you know me as an outsider, but since you're just a newbie, I'll show you leniency. I can assure you that I do nothing to those that wish to hurt me, except for self-defense or unless you're that dude," she said, pointing to Wonwoo, who just pouting, still sitting down, watching the whole thing. "Because I don't look down on haters. You really need to ask around on who Kang Eunmi is. Without me, the girls wouldn't stand a chance by themselves in this school against the boys." 

"What? So you're saying you're the girl's hero or something?" 

"Nothing wrong with a little self praise but, yeah. All boys are terrified of me, cause they know I'll hurt them, all because I help out the girls. If a guy is messing with a girl, they come to me as their solution."

"I don't get you. But I won't forgive you. Nor him!" She yelled. 

"I'm not asking for forgiveness, but I'll steal your heart anyway, like a man." Eunmi winked. Eunmi walked away from the girl and kicked Wonwoo. "Get up. I'm all aggravated right now." She mumbled. 

-

After disciplining Wonwoo for making a girl cry, they continued to walk to the street market. "I still don't see why you had to make her cry. Why didn't you say you didn't like her back?" Eunmi asked, ticked off.

Wonwoo rubbed his head, thinking. "Because, that would be boring. Besides, I didn't say I didn't like her, I don't think. I don't even know her. I'm saying, why would she like me if she didn't know who I really am."

"I guess I see your point. You're a snotty rich boy who can't help but want everything." 

"No, but I just want some righteous. Hey! There it is! Hurry up, you're slow." He yelled, running towards an entrance. Eunmi groaned and hustled her way over. As she watched Wonwoo, she also realized that she knew nothing about him either. Kind of. 

"What? Don't tell me you're falling for me too? Y'know, I wouldn't mind. I might even consider dating you." He smirked, dropping a grape in his mouth. 

"Tch. Who's falling for who?" 

"Whatever." He continued to walk through the market, drooling for everything. She saw that the people knew who he was, and that he'd kindly greet them. Some even assumed that Eunmi was his girlfriend and complement on her looks. 

"Don't tell me you came here just for free food." Eunmi huffed as she saw the countless samples of food in his hand. Wonwoo laughed and offered her some while she shook her head. 

"Nah," he said, finally swallowing this food. "I know what I want to get but I'm just greeting everyone first. They all love me ^^" he smiled. It was the first time Eunmi saw Wonwoo smile, with a high spirit. 

"Now. You're gonna buy me some more chicken." He said, wiping his hands on his pants.

"Ah! Why me? I don't have money on me. I used it for my lunch." 

"Aish. Guess we're gonna steal it then." He laughed, pulling on her wrist. "Just kidding." He joked. 

"Let go. We're not some couple so that we can hold hands and such. Don't act like I like hanging out with you and that I'm your friend." Eunmi shot as she noticed that he was still holding her wrist. She didn't like a single minute in hanging out with the guy but she had to do what she had to do. 

"Harsh, Kang. And here I thought I'd buy you something nice for your nice actions with that girl." He mocked. He paused for a second before letting go. "Now that I think about it, I've never seen those girls. I just thought that they were in my class. Guess I was wrong, but whatever..... Haha. I like newbies, you get to bully them."

"That's not what newbies are for! You need to guide them. As a sunbae, you need to show an example to your hoobae."

"Pft. Did you memorize that or something?" He laughed.

"Tch. I hope you choke on a bone and die." She muttered. Eunmi didn't even know why she had to be with him. He could've just called one of his friends to tag along with him. "Why am I even here? I already told you I don't have any money. Can I leave now?"

"No. I told you you needed to come with me and that it was an order. Follow it." He growled. "Besides, I don't like being alone, in the dark......." He said in a hushed tone.

"What was that? Jeon Wonwoo is afraid of being alone in the dark? Heuheuheu.... Very interesting....." She smirked.

"Don't try to think of anything fishy, Kang. Now, let's go." 

-

Eunmi sighed as she plopped into her bed. What just happened?

"Here, for your accompanying." He said throwing a small gift bag at her. "Don't open it until you get inside. I don't want to see your face." Wonwoo had finished buying his chicken and walked Eunmi all the way to her house. 

"Wait, I thought you were afraid of the dark. You're gonna walk alone?" 

"Hm? Worried about me eh? I guess you're right. I could always just sleep with you and avoid being alone in the dark." He smirked. 

"In your dreams, pretty boy. Wait there." She said as she went inside. She walked to the kitchen, grabbing a flashlight from the top drawer. Eunmi walked back outside, throwing at him as well, payback from earlier. "Here. Don't cry on your way back to your house. Arasseo?" 

"Ha. Thanks. I'll try not to." They both turned their backs, not moving an inch. Who will leave first? It would matter though, right? "Y'know, Kang?" Wonwoo said, breaking the awkward silence. 

"What?" She asked, turning around, while Wonwoo was still facing the other direction. 

"You're not too bad. I feel like we'll get along better if we continue this..... I mean, it's only the first day and we're talking as if we're...... Friends." He chuckled. 

"But we're not." Eunmi said. She only did this because she wants her secret to remain hidden. "Don't think I'm going to lower my guard on you. You'll always and forever will be my enemy. Nothing more, nothing less." 

Eunmi stood there, watching to see if he was going to make a comeback or something like that, but his actions weren't remotely close. He had finally turned around, his face showing disappointment. He looked up at Eunmi, their eyes meeting. Finally, he cracked a smile, a sad smile. "So it shall..........." 

Eunmi ruffled her hair. She couldn't stop thinking about the face he made. It kept bothering her. She was only saying the truth. By now, Wonwoo must've already read her diary so he should understand why she doesn't want any friends. Well, real friends. Right? His feelings shouldn't bother her.

Eunmi looked at her swaying feet, when something caught her eye. The gift bag....... She thought as she walked toward it. She sat on her knees, opening it with a guilty heart. After all that she said, she didn't have the courage to open it. But, she did. 

As she opened it, she was confused. A book? No...... A diary! It was blank. She furrowed her eyebrows, flipping through the pages to see if there was something in it but alas, there was not. She went to the cover and saw writing, saying:

To: My servant, heuheuheu. 
I know I kept your diary but that doesn't mean you should stop writing your feelings down. So, I, the great Master, shall honor you with a diary. Think of it as.... A substitute for your old diary until the day you get it back. ;P 
 -Wonwoo

Tch. You bastard....... She smiled, eyes becoming teary, Thanks.........

 

~~~~~~~~~
160630

A/N: Yesterday was my bro's bday. He's now 20 😱. I just saw EXO's Monster Dance Practice and..... 🙃🔫  I died. 

Though I may not get a lot of reads in this book, I do wish that you Vote, Comment, and please share to your friends! ^^ 

I may not have the best grammar in the world but please bear with it. Please show your love and support, thanks you.

Author-nim, out.

Btw..... Does anyone else think that this is funny? I do. Found this while searching for a pic of Wonwoo. It's funny but it freaks me out lol just stare at it for 10 seconds. You'll smile or something

 


And OMG..... Chanyeol's kiss scene...... I'm dead :') hmmmm.... Wonder what his lips feel like 😏

 

Okay bye