Chapter Eleven: Can’t Forget

Can You Keep A Secret- Seventeen Wonwoo Fanfiction

Eunmi tapped her fingers on her desk, thinking about the last few days. Wonwoo's words kept replaying in her head, causing her to smile every time. The girls saw what was going on and decided to ask.

 

"Yah!" Yura yelled, slapping the young mistress' lap. "Why so happy?" Eunmi looked up innocently at her, a smile slowly spreading across her face. 

 

"It's nothing." She lied, but they could still see through her. Just then, silence entered the room when a familiar face came walking in, sitting down in her assigned seat. The girls looked at her concernedly. "H-Haru....." Yura mumbled.

 

"Haruuuuuuu!!!!!!" Soojin yelled, springing onto her. Haru let out an 'oof' as Soojin pounced on her, but allowed her to since she was the maknae. "Yah! Eonnie!!! Where were you?! You left meeeee!" She continued to cry. Haru let out a chuckle, as she looked down at her desk. 

 

"I'm sorry, Soojin-ah. My father needed to do something so I needed to help him. But don't worry I'm back now." She assured. Eunmi looked back at Soon Young, but he wasn't paying any attention to Haru. 

 

Perhaps he didn't notice her? Maybe he's trying to forget. Just then two fingers snapped in her face. 

 

"Yah, Kang Eunmi." Haru said. 

 

"Hm? Yeah?" 

 

"So what's up with you and Wonwoo? All this commotion starts happening when I'm gone for a few days, heh, that's not good."

 

"What do you mean? Nothing. His and my family ate out. Our fathers are merely business partners. They thought it would be a good idea to go eat out as a family on their successful project." She rolled her eyes.

 

"Heh, that's good to know." 

 

The teacher walked in and the students did the same routine as usual. The morning seemed a bit slower, since she knew she wasn't really looking forward to anything when she got home. But then it clicked, she was going to see José when she arrived. 

 

"I see that smile Eonni, you've been smiling so much today. Who's the lucky guy?" Yura smirked. Eunmi scratched the back of her head embarrassingly trying to whisper to her that it was no one and that she was recalling a past memory. Though, Yura didn't buy it, she knows when a girl thinks about a guy because of the way they smile, she decided to go along with it for the sake of Eunmi. 

 

-

 

Wonwoo' P.O.V

 

"Alright class, I hope you studied for today's test last night. I'm not trying to pressure you but it's important that you pass this, this grade can affect your average in a good or bad way so I hope you do well." The teacher said.

 

Wonwoo lifted a brow. 

 

The teacher passed out the tests and casually walked around the room and helped students in case they looked if they needed help. Wonwoo sped through the test with a lot of confidence and was the first done. He handed it in and lay his head down on the desk since there was nothing else to do but sleep. 

 

Ah....... I can't hang out with Kang today..... He thought with disappointment. Oh well...

 

As he closed his eyes, a blurred image appeared in his head. He furrowed his eyebrows but he couldn't make out who she was. She was young too. Wonwoo brushed it off and dozed off to sleep.

 

-

 

Lunch came as usual and Mingyu took his place next to Wonwoo. "Why does it feel like I haven't seen you in so long?" He said. Wonwoo looked over at him and was about to say something when Eunmi walked in. The two made eye contact but she looked away when he looked like he was going to say something. 

 

Just then, a body sat in front of them, and casually started eating. The boys were confused a bit to see a girl eating with them but they didn't complain. "Jenni, right?" Jun asked as he scooted closer to her. She didn't say anything but continued to eat.

 

"Anyway," Wonwoo said, "Lets hang out today. I have nothing to do." He suggested to Mingyu. 

 

"Can we come too???" The others asked. 

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "No!" He protested. 

 

"Aw c'mon! You always hog Wonwoo!" Seokmin complained. "Share him!" 

 

"You guys are ridiculous. Let's all hang tomorrow and I'll hang out with Gyu tonight. Okay?" Wonwoo said. 

 

The boys were sort of bummed out since they all haven't hung out together in a long time. It's been ages since then. With everyone having their after school activities, sudden moves, homework and studying, there hasn't been much time. Wonwoo knew how much everyone enjoyed each other's company, which is why he had a surprise watching for them.

 

"Everyone co,s to my house tomorrow, after school. I've got some,thing to show you all." He said with a smile. It was his own project that his father allowed him to do. 

 

Everyone smiled at the leader's offer. Mingyu couldn't understand why the girls hated him, he's only looking out for himself and for his closest friends. 

 

Wonwoo was the type of person to stand and take a bullet for you. Even though he doesn't appreciate the disrespectful girls, he still will look out when needed, if Eunmi wasn’t there, at least. He never wanted to be considered the 'leader' of the group, but he just fell into the position. How could he not though? He had all the good qualities. 

 

Wonwoo glanced over at Eunmi and saw her smile. Wonwoo never liked to admit things when it came to her so he'd always say rude things. It just happened that way. He looked at Jenni and wondered why she wanted to sit with them instead of the girls. 

 

"Hey, you." He said. Jennie looked at him and tilted her head. "Why are you here?" He asked. Jennie smirked and wiped her lips with a napkin. 

 

"Well, it sort of just happened. One night, my parents were a little too drunk and their hormones were—"

 

"That's not what I meant." He cut her off. "Why are you sitting with us?" He didn't like the way she responded to the questions he asked. Though it reminded him of himself. 

 

"Oh, because I don't like Kang Eunmi." She glared. The boys stopped eating and looked over at her, then at each other.

 

Jennie doesn't like Kang? What girl doesn't like Kang? Wonwoo thought. "Why?" He asked. "What did she do to you?" 

 

Jennie stopped eating once again. She just looked at him. "She took something from me. I won't forgive her." 

 

Something? Kang? Impossible.

 

Just then, the girls arose from their table and returned their tray to the lunch ladies. Wonwoo caught Eunmi glance at him with a brief smile before turning away and heading back to class. 

 

Wonwoo didn't like the vibe he was getting from Jennie so he took note to watch her in case she tried something. She then got up from her seat and too gave her tray away.  

 

"Okay was it just me that thought it was weird that she didn't like Eunmi-ah?" Seokmjn asked. "I know Eunmi can be a but damn. All the girls love her." 

 

"Enough about that." Wonwoo said. He looked over at Soon Young and smiled. "How are you holding up?" He asked calmly. He saw Haru sitting at their table but wasn't speaking. 

 

"I'm good. Practice is getting tough but I can pull it off." 

 

Everyone knows he's a dancer. A great one. So far he's been training to be a choreographer and soon we he practices enough, he'll become and idol or at least a famous dancer. All depending on what he wants.

 

“That’s good.” Wonwoo responded. Just then, his phone buzzed. He took his phone out from his pocket and smirked. 

 

Kang: Rooftop?

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes got up from his seat with a smile. “I’ll catch you later. I have a meeting to attend.” 

 

Once arriving at the rooftop, he began looking for Eunmi. He wasn’t sure if they were going to be alone or not so he didn’t say a word. He walked to the edge of the building and looked toward the ground. “Long drop.” He mumbled as he looked back up. 

 

“Boo.” He heard from behind. Eunmi might have been more frightening if she didn’t sound dead. “Hi.” She said. 

 

“Greetings. How are you, Miss Kang? Feeling well?” He asked. 

 

Eunmi rolled her eyes. “Very. How are things going with your father? I know you two don’t have the best relationship.”

 

“Look who’s talking, Kang.” Wonwoo retorted as he stuck his tongue out. 

 

“Well, that’s not my fault. They pushed me away ever since I can remember. It’s how I grew up.” The two starred at each other for two minutes. “Anyway, I called you up here because—“

 

“You’re in love with me?” Wonwoo asked with a smirk. 

 

“What good will that do? You’d reject me anyway. Anyway, because I still need something from you. I know we both have gotten closer in the past few weeks but I can’t forget why this all started, Jeon.” She said.  He hasn’t given her any new ‘orders’ in a while but that wasnt her fault.

 

“I still want my diary.” 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

180203

 

Yes, I’m still alive. Work has me tired all the time. I sleep as soon as I get home and wake up to do some chores and go back to sleep. This might be not that good of a chapter but I tried. I’m sorry if it isn’t good enough. Anyway. I’m tired so I’m going to sleep. It hasn’t been edited either sorry if some of the words don’t make any sense.

 

Goodnight 😴💤