Chapter One: New Year, Old faces

Can You Keep A Secret- Seventeen Wonwoo Fanfiction

The sun rays seeped it's way through the cracks of the curtains, shining on Eunmi's face. She fluttered her eyes open, groaning loudly since she had to wake up. She sat up, glancing at the mirror, horrified at the sight. "Perfect, I look like a panda." Eunmi mumbled under her breath. 

"Miss Kang?" she heard. Eunmi looked towards the door, seeing that her personal maid, Lee Somi, was knocking. "Come in. I'm already awake." Eunmi answered with a husky voice, bring the bed covers over her head, preventing Somi from seeing her.

"Good Morning, Miss Kang. What would you like for breakfast?" Somi asked as a part of her daily job. 

"To be honest, I'm not really hungry for anything right now. Just– save me a banana."

"As you wish, Miss Kang." Somi bowed, exiting the room. Eunmi sighed, knowing that the coast was clear to bring the covers, that was basically draped over her head, back down. Eunmi did not want her servants ratting her out for crying so much at night. It's true, the brave, strong, and bold Kang Eunmi cried to herself numerous times at night. For many reasons but, it was mainly because of what her parents said, about her, scarring her ever since she was young.

-

"Good morning, Miss Kang." Every servant and butler greeted as they bowed with respect when Eunmi walking in the room. Once again, it was breakfast with the Kang family and Eunmi did not want to be a part of it. Eunmi nodded in response.

"I'll be leaving first." She replied, not caring for the family tradition. 

"Ah! Eunmi-ah. You're up~" she heard a female voice sang.

So close...... Eunmi thought as she was just about to step out of the door. "Mother......." Eunmi greeted, of course, with a fake smile.

"Come, my darling, let us eat!" Mrs. Kang offered while smiling, looping her arm through Eunmi's. 

"Actually, I was hoping that I could leave early. You see, I really wanted to catch up with Soojin and the girls so that we could talk about our summer break and–"

"Oh don't give me that." Mrs. Kang interrupted, "It's our tradition. Somi-ah, gather the plates. Let us eat breakfast to our hearts content, like a family"."

"Yes, ma'am"

Hmph.... Family. Yeah right. Eunmi thought.

-

"Seojun-ah" Eunmi called, to her driver. 

"Yes, Miss Kang?"

"Please remind Somi to wake me up earlier so that I don't have to eat with my family. I have more important things." Eunmi instructed. Seojun looked at Eunmi through the rear-view mirror. She was gazing out the window, her chin resting in her palm. 

"As you wish." He said, pulling into the school property. 

As he parked in front of the school, he got out the car, running to Eunmi's side, opening her door. Eunmi smiled faintly as a sign of gratitude. Seojun lent out his hand, Eunmi placing hers in his as he helped her out of the car.

As Eunmi walked through the school hallways, she could feel all eyes on her. They were from the boys, of course, because no boy liked her in the school. She was outrageously strong, smart. She could handle things on her own if she wanted to but she likes to be surrounded by her friends. 

You see, Kang Eunmi was the leader of the girls. Meaning, she protected them when they were in trouble, helped them if there was something she could do. That's what gained the hearts of all the girls. 

"Eunmi-ah!!" She heard as she walked into her classroom. A smile was immediately plastered on her face as she saw her friends greeting her. "Come here! Hurry before the boys do! Maybe this time Sonsaengnim will allow us to sit with each other!" 

Eunmi chuckled as she set her bag down on an empty seat and began emptying it. 

"So, Eunmi-ah, how was your summer?" Soojin questioned. They knew that for the past seventeen years, each summer the Kangs would go to a luxurious vacation– figuring since their family's rich. The girls were just nosy on where it was this time. Eunmi stopped her actions, looking at her hand lifelessly. She shuddered as she remembered all the crying and pain that had happened. She smiled and turned around. "It was fun." she replied. But, she didn't lie completely.

"Where did you go?" Haru asked. 

"Spain."

"Really??? Wow!! Any cute guys you hung out with??" They teased. Eunmi grinned as she remembered a few. "Oh– there is isn't there?!" Yuna shouted, grabbing onto Eunmi's shoulders.

"Ooh~ Eonni~" they cooed.

"Yah~" Eunmi blushed. There was a guy Eunmi grew quite find of. He said that he'd like to see them (mainly her) again sometime soon. Possibly, he might come for a vacation to Seoul.

"Ooh~ Eunmi's in love~" they all teased, causing Eunmi's face to turn into a deep crimson. Honestly, Eunmi wasn't sure if she was in love with him or not. In matter of fact, she's never been in love before.

Suddenly, the classroom door was slammed open, causing everyone to look. Ugh. It's just the guys. They all thought simultaneously.

"Hyung~ I'm hungry. Feed me~" one whined. Eunmi looked at their faces, trying to remind herself what their names were. She believe the one that was whining was Lee Seokmin. 

"Yah! It's not my fault you didn't eat breakfast!" Jihoon shouted.

"But hyung!" Seokmin whined even louder.

"Ah! Arasseo! Here! Take my bread!!" Jihoon yelled, throwing it at his face. The girls snickered as they watched them hit each other. One boy took a seat next to Haru, sparing a few glances every once and a while. Eunmi chuckled as Haru looked at him disgust, causing the boy to look away. Soon young...... That's his name! The one that's good at dancing!

"Do you think Wonwoo Hyung will buy me food if I ask him?" Jun asked, looking innocently. His accent was a bit rough but you could tell he wasn't Korean. The atmosphere got colder, and everyone turned their heads to look at Eunmi. A black aura was behind her and she was just about to break the desk. 

"N-Nevermind......." He mumbled. 

As time went by, student began filling the empty seats with the teacher arriving last. "Good morning everyone~" he sang. The students groaned as some didn't even respond. "GOOD MORNING EVERYONE" he tried once again, with a little bit more force. 

"Good morning, sonsaengnim!" They practically yelled.

"That's more like it. Now, I'm a bit a lazy to assign you to your seats so, I guess this will be good. But if you talk too much, or something, I'm going to move you. Arasseo?" He warned.

"Ne."

"Good. Let's start. Open your books to page two and–"

"Sonsaengnim! You um..... Havent given up our books yet...." one nervously stated as he lifted up his arm. 

"Ah! Right! Of course! I knew I was forgetting something!" 

He passed the books to everyone, telling them to write their names in it, and to FINALLY open their books to page two.

-

Eunmi and her friends walked down the hallway, heading towards the cafeteria. As they entered, they were amazed on how many tables were filled. There wasn't as many students last year than there were this year. So, it was a bit..... Surprising. 

The girls looked around for an empty table, Haru finally finding one. "Over there! Eonni! You should go run over there so you could save us a seat." She said, looking at Eunmi.

"I suppose, but I don't want to go alone." Eunmi replied.

"Arasseo. I'll go with you Mi. Kaja." Soojin offered, pulling onto her arm. As the rest of the girls went to grab their food, grabbing extra for both Eunmi and Soojin, Eunmi and Soojin walked towards the empty table. "Ah! Mi! They're gonna get the table first! Run!" Soojin cried after seeing that the group of boys were heading towards it.

Eunmi ran and slammed her hand onto the table, only for another to do the same exact thing. "Tch. Long time no see, Kang."

"I'd have to say the same exact thing, Jeon."

There, Eunmi was staring in the eyes of none other than, Jeon Wonwoo. The guy that she likes the least. Not to mention, her enemy in school. 


~~~~~~~~~~

160407

A/N: Hello my loves! If you've read this far, then that means you love me! Haha...... Or just because it might seem interesting and maybe because it's Wonwoo..... Idk. But anywho. I'm really excited for this story ^^ I had to re-write Chapter One because I didn't really like it. Anywho. Thanks for reading and hope you're anticipating for the next chapter when things start getting interesting! Bye my loves~ ❤️ BTW the picture is actually The Ark's Halla.