023

Her Ideal Type [EDITING]

Baekhyun POV

I can’t believe that they didn’t tell me. I know that i’m such a big mouth and too hyper for their liking. Although i always not minding on their business, i cared about them.

I just want them to tell me at least.

Not having the mood today, i decided to skip classes and sat down under a tree.

 

Jongin POV

“I thought he knew?” I ask the others.

They look at me, worried. “We thought so too. The news already spread. How did he didn’t knew about this?” Chanyeol hyung bit his nails.

Out of all of us here, he’s the one who truly worried. Well, of course he is. Baekhyun hyung and him are best friends. The two of them are the most closest to each other.

“I think i’m going to talk to him.” Chanyeol hyung started to panic. Before he can walk away, i put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

“It’s fine hyung. I will talk to him.”

“Are you sure?”

I just nodded in respond. I look at Soomin and smile. She smiled back and hug me. “Talk to him nicely okay?”

“Hmm.”

With that, i went to find Baekhyun hyung. Even after the bell rings, i ignore it and continue to search him.

It’s been twenty minutes until i found him sitting under a tree with his eyes closed. Sighing, i ran towards him then carefully sat down next to him.

Hearing the noise that i made, he open his eyes then glance at me. Both of us just sat there, not talking.

“Are you just going to sit there and not talking?” Baekhyun hyung ask after a moment of silence.

“Sorry.”

“For what?For being quiet there?”

“No, not that. I’m sorry for not telling you about it. I thought you already knew like the others.” I muttered.

“You know me Kai. Although we were not close like the way i am with Chanyeol, i am still your friend and you should know how i am. “

“Right. I forgot that you didn’t watch news.”

He scoffed then look away. “It’s not my fault.”

I stared at the side of his face, in sympathy. Baekhyun hyung never watch news anymore ever since a rumour about his father being a thief. His family are rich but after the rumour spread, they went down drastically. Their company went bankrupt and people  look at them like they were a beggars.

It has been 7 years since the incident and two years ago, their name was cleared. All thanks to Suho hyung parents.

“You’re my friend hyung.” I stated.

Baekhyun hyung whip his head towards me, surprised. Of course he is. I’m a bad boy. I never let people see my true self, except Soomin. She’s the first girl that know about my true self.

“What?”

“You’re my friend.”

Just with those words, a smile appeared on Baekhyun hyung’s face.

 

~~~

At lunch, when Baekhyun hyung arrived at our usual table, Chanyeol hyung immediately got up from his chair and engulf him in a big hug.

Soomin let out an ‘aww’ and look at them happily.

The friendship between Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung are really valuable. No one can break it off.

“Ugh! Get off you giant!” Baekhyun hyung scream. Chanyeol hyung crack a wide smile, ignoring him. Giving up, Baekhyun hyung just let his body got squeezed tightly by the giant.

“You don’t know how worried i am.” Chanyeol hyung exclaim.

“You don’t know how guilty i am.” Baekhyun hyung just rolled his eyes.

“I felt like i want to smack Kai’s head to the wall for not telling you.”

My mouth hanging open at his words making the others laughed out loud.

“Geez, thank you very much Park giant.”

“Your welcome big baby.” Chanyeol hyung retort back after he let Baekhyun hyung away from his deathly grip.

I scoffed and glared at him. “What big baby? You’re the one who should be called a big baby. Oh, and not to mention, the giant one even.”

Chanyeol hyung gaped at me. Seeing that, i smile triuphantly.

Kim Jongin won.

“Soomin-ah, break up with him and go to me instead. He didn’t good for you.”

“Yah!”

“Okay, enough with that. Eat your food before the bell rings.” D.O hyung scold.

“Don’t worry Kai. I won’t leave you for this giant. You’re enough for me.” Soomin said.

Smirking, “Good, because after we graduate, we will get married.”

“Are you proposing to me?” She raise a brow.

Just as i about to answer, D.O hyung closed my mouth with his palm and gave me a look. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused why he did that.

“If you want to propose, do it as a surprise idiot.” He whispered in my ear. I turned my head to look at him and groan. “Now, eat your lunch before i make you.” He make a threatened face.

Relunctantly, i did what he told me. I can sense that Soomin want to know her answer but i couldn’t give tell her. D.O hyung were right. If i want to propose, i should do it as a surprise. Besides, i need to ask Jaejin hyung about it.

That will a huge one problem. Knowing him, it will took a lot of effort and words that need to be spoken. Before i can marry Soomin, i need to get his blessings first. If not, well, i will tell my father to pay for my funeral then.

“Are you okay?” Soomin softly ask. I glance at her and nod.

“I am. Just thinking about something that you shouldn’t be worry about.”

“Oh.” Is that dissapoinment i heard?

Taking her hands , “It’s not like i don’t want to tell you. Trust me, i do want to tell you but this is a huge problem for me. Please understand and trust me. Just that i need.”

“Kai, i do understand, okay? You don’t need to worry. I’m not upset.”

I shot her a look making her lips jutted out.

“Okay, fine. Maybe a bit? How couldn’t i? It makes me curious.”

I chuckled and peck her lips. “You don’t need to worry.”

“Fine.” She pouted.

“Ugh. You two are gross.” Someone commented.

Soomin flushed a deep red when she noticed that everyone in the cafeteria look at our table or more likely at the two of us.

“What are you looking at?Mind your own business.” I snapped at the people when i saw Soomin shifted uncomfortably on her seat.

As soon as i said that, the bell rings indicating that lunch break is over.

“See? I told you to eat your lunch. It’s such a waste.” D.O hyung scold me.

“Chill hyung. It’s my money after all.”

“Do you know how precious money are? Do you know how many people out there, seeking a job so there can have money for their own to continue their life? Do you know how many—“

“Okay, okay, okay. I got it, i got it.” I interrupted him.

“No, you don’t. I don’t think you are.”

“Okay guys. That’s enough scene for today.” Suho hyung said as he dragged D.O hyung exit the cafeteria.

“What’s with him?”

“You know how he live his life before his family become succesful.” I heard someone said.

Right.How many people did i make them upset today?

“It’s okay, he just exaggerating.” Sehun said.

“He’s right though.” I shrugs.

“C’mon, let’s go to class.”

 

~~~

After the school over, i sent Soomin home before i call Jaejin hyung to come over to my house. Soomin wanted to come over but i told her that i will be  busy today.

It leave her sulking but didn’t say anything afterwards.

Just as i walk downstairs, the doorbell ring. Not wanting him waiting, i sprint to the door and open it.

Jaejin hyung was standing outside with his hands in his pockets.

“What do you want? Why are you asking me for coming here?” He ask as he step inside.

Gulping, i led him to the couch nervously.

“Well, i’ve got something to discuss with you.”

“What is it about?” He raise a brow.

“You know that i love Soomin right? Like really, really, really love her. I couldn’t stand it if she didn’t talk to me, or if she’s upset. I know that i hurted her before but i learned my mistakes. I won’t do it again. Ever. I promise you hyung that i will treat her like a princess. I will never ever let her –“

“Just go straight to the point. You’re giving me a headache.”

“Okay. Um—you see—umm—GOD!!”

“Yahh, what’s wrong with you?”

“I want your blessing.” I blurted out.

“What? What blessing?”

“Well—“

“Just say it for God’s sakes!”

I shut my eyes tightly. “I want to marry Soomin!”

Then, it was silence. A long silence from him. Feeling curious, i peeked an eye just to see him narrowing his eyes at me.

Oh boy. I will die today.

“You do know that you two are still in high school right?”

“I know, i know. I plan to marry her after we graduated.” I quickly reply.

“It’s still early for you two to get married. Even i’m not married yet.” He said sharply.

I kept my mouth shut at his tone.

“Look, i am not against with your idea to marry her. I am aware that you two are in love too much that you didn’t even think about people around you. Like me. Soomin always leave me just so she can spend time with you. I’m not mad or upset for your information.It’s just that, i want her to live with me until i find someone. I know i sounds selfish  but i don’t care. I want Soomin with me as long as we can before you want to marry her. She’s my baby sister and i don’t know if i’m ready to give her to you.I’m sorry for that but please give me time so i can spend my time with her. I never live separately with her and i don’t want it happened so soon.”

“Okay hyung. I understand your concern. I will wait until you’re ready.”