016

Her Ideal Type [EDITING]

Narrator POV

“Can we talk?” Kai ask as soon as he found Lina.

 

Lina whipped her head at him and wiped her tears immediately. “Talk about what? If you want to humiliate me, you don’t need to.I don’t wanna hear.” She mumbles.

 

Sighing, Kai took a sit next to her.They were currently sitting under the tree in the back of the school.It took fifteen minutes for Kai to find her.

 

“Can’t you just … give up?”

 

Hearing those words, more tears falling down on Lina’s face. “Why?” Her voice cracked when the words come out from .

 

“I’ve told you for million times already.Although you kept on bothering me, saying that you are my girlfriend, I will never fall for you.I know that you’ve been chasing me for about two years already.I’m aware of it but I don’t know why but even if I try to like you, I couldn’t.I’m sorry to say this but,you need to give up on me.It's impossible to make me fall for you.”

 

The whole time Kai saying those words, Lina gripped the end of her skirt tightly.Her heart hurt like hell when she saw the video of Kai and Soomin at the mall but those words made it worse.

 

Kai saw her action but didn’t say anything.He need to make Lina understand that he don’t want to do anything with her.Like what people said, the truth is hurt. And Lina need to learn that she can’t get everything she want.

 

“I’m sorry.” Lina finally speak after a moment of silence.

 

Kai stared at her in shock then his face softened.

 

“It’s okay.I know that you can’t control your feelings.Trust me, I am like that. I can’t control my feelings when I’m with Soomin too, so I understand why you did that.But, you should apologize to Soomin too. She’s been hurting because of you.”

 

“I know.Can I ask you something?” Lina sniffed as she raise her head a bit.Kai nodded at her.

 

“Am I not pretty? Not good enough for you? Why can’t you like me too?”

 

“I’m not saying that you’re not pretty and not good enough for me.I’m not going to lie.You’re actually so pretty but you didn’t attracted my attention like Soomin did.You’re good enough for me but I couldn’t even think myself to be with you.I know that sounds harsh but it’s the truth.And I know that you’re kind, sweet girl Lina-ssi but you set a wall in your heart that made you like this.”

 

“See? You’re the only one who understand me.Not even my parents understand me but you did.That is why I like – scratch that love you.”

 

Smiling a bit, “Actually, it’s not me who understand you.I just repeated someone’s words.She’s the one who understand why you’re acting like this.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Do you know why Soomin didn’t attack you back everytime you hurt her?”

 

Lina shakes her head.

 

“Because she understand your feelings.To be honest, everytime I badmouthing you, she will either hit or scolded me saying that you just need someone to give you love and to take care of you.She said she saw the longing of someone to hold you, to comfort you in your eyes.It’s actually sounds ridiculous to me but that’s what she said.I don’t even know how she saw that in your eyes but I guess only girls understand girls.”

 

Just hearing that, the guilt inside Lina arise.She knew that Soomin is a kind girl but she didn’t know that Soomin actually understand her when no one couldn’t do so.

 

“She said that?” Lina whispered.

 

“Hmm.She was.You should apologize to her.” Kai told her.

 

It took a while for Lina to respond but when she finally did, Kai smiled in satisfaction. “Good.Well, I gotta go now since I already said what I want.”

 

Kai sling his bag on his shoulder and walk away.

 

“W-wait!”

 

He halted to stop and turned around.Lina got up then walked towards her.

 

“C-can we at least become friends?” She ask quietly.

 

“Of course we can.Soomin too. Don’t forget her.Is that all?”

 

Lina nodded her head.

 

“Then, I will take my leave now.” He said then walked away leaving Lina stood there with a sad smile on her face.

 

Since Soomin was not at school, Kai decided to go to her house to see her condition.

 

 

Soomin POV

“Oppa.”

 

“…”

 

“Jaejin Oppa.”

 

“…”

 

“Oppa~~ don’t be like this.” I whined as I hold his hand.

 

Soon after we arrived at our house, Jaejin Oppa went straightly inside without looking or glancing at me. I’m not going to denied that it’s hurt when he treat me like this but I understand why he’s being like that.

 

“I’m sorry. I know why –“

 

“No.It’s me who should apologize.I shouldn’t shouted at you.” He cut me off.

 

Shaking my head, “I understand Oppa.You don’t need to explain.”

 

“Is your cheek hurt?” He ask as he patted my cheek.

 

Smiling, “It’s fine.It’s not that hurt.I’s nothing that I can’t handle it.”

 

“You’re still hurting.”

 

As he open his mouth, the doorbell ring indicating that someone was outside.

 

“Must be your boyfriend.Go on, let him inside.I want to say a few words to him.I need to give him a lesson for not protecting you well.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “You’re exaggerating.”

 

“I’m your brother—“

 

I cut him off by standing up and head to the door.I open the door and saw Kai standing outside with his hands inside his pocket.

 

“Hey.” He greet me.

 

“Hey. Why aren’t you at school?”

 

“You’re not there.So, why should i?” He grinned.

 

“Why, aren’t you’re romantic?” I tease.

 

“Should I be more romantic?” He wiggled his eyebrows making me raise a brow in respond.

 

He puckered his lips while giving me a winked.

 

Oh.

 

Chuckling, I leaned closer and peck his nose instead.

 

“Uhh—you miss the spot woman.It’s here.” He pointed his lips. “Not here.” He pointed at his nose.

 

“It’s still same. Now, c’mon.My brother waiting for you.” I opened the door wider for him.

 

He bit his lips and glance at the living room as he step in. “Should I be scared?”

 

“Maybe?” I shrug.

 

“You’re not helping at all.” He frown.

 

I let out a sigh and motioned for him to lean down.He did.

 

Winking, I peck his lips making his eyes widened then his lips turned from a frown to a grin.

 

“Aren’t you’re the aggressive one?” He chuckles.

 

“Idiot.” I muttered then walk to the living room.

 

I heard his steps behind me indicating that he was following me.

 

 

Jongin POV

The moment I step in the living room, a deathly glare was thrown at me from Jaejin hyung.Gulping a bit, I halted to stop and just stood behind the couch, didn’t have the courage to sit down.

 

“H-hyung—“

 

“Do you really want to date my sister or what?” He cut me off.

 

Without any hesitation, “Of course I am!”

 

“Then, why did I saw you just watching that slapping her?” He ask angrily.His tone was cold.

 

“Oppa—“

 

“I’m not asking you so just sit there and shut up.” He snapped.

 

“Don’t you dare snapping at her. It’s not her fault.Yes, I am watching the scene the whole time! You know why? Because Soomin freaking holding my hand to prevent me to do anything.Do you think I’m enjoy seeing her hurting? No. Hell no.” I spat the words.

 

He looks taken aback for a while before he clears his throat.

 

“Well then, that’s good.” He stood up.He looks kind of flustered as his eyes darted anywhere but me and Soomin.  “I’m going upstairs.Don’t do any inappropriate things here.”

 

Then he walk to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

 

“What did he mean by ‘don’t do any inappropriate things here’? It’s not like we’re going to have .” Soomin scoffed.

 

I stared at her in shock as she bluntly saying those words.

 

Excuse me, I’m a guy too.

 

“What are you doing standing there? C’mon, sit down here.” She pat the spot next to her.

 

“You need to think before you say anything.”

 

“And why is that? Did I say something wrong?” She tilted her head cutely.

 

“Don’t do that please.” I groan.

 

“Do what?” She leaned closer to my face.If I look at her face carefully, she actually flawless.She’s too perfect for me.

 

And she’s all mine.

 

“Yah, what are you thinking about?”

 

I shakes my head and pushed her head lightly.

 

“Let’s go out?”

 

“Like a date?” She beamed.I nod and laughing a little when  I saw her reaction.

 

“Great! Let me change my clothes.” She stood up but I grab her wrist.

 

“No need. I’m in my uniform too.”

 

“Oh well – umm—if that’s so—“

 

“You’re taking too much time by talking.Let’s just go.”

 

I dragged her to the door.

 

“Oppa, I’m going to a date with Kai! I’ll be back later.”

 

We heard a faint ‘OK’ from his room in reply.Soomin squealed happily and ran to my car as soon as I open the door.

 

“Where should we go?”

 

She’s practically jumping up and down on her spot. If I know that her reaction will be like this, I will do it before. Just seeing her happy making me happy as well.

 

And that’s enough for me. I will do anything to make her smile like that.

 

"Yah, grandpa! Can you walk fast maybe?”

 

Aish, this girl.