Chapter 10

Confusion

*RECAP*

"What's wrong with me?" you groan. You flip over onto your back and see a figure hovering over you. You widen your eyes. Then the tears start to spill as you see his face filled with worry. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Y/N! Don't cry!!" a panicked Taehyung almost screams. He grabs you by the shoulder and pulls you into him. "Ehhh... Y/N!! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to forget your birthday! I mean. I-I-I mean like-"

You put your hand over his mouth to shut him up. You sniffle as you crack a smile. "It's okay. I just feel...." you let out a long breath. "I don't know. But it's not because of that. So...don't feel bad about it." You pull back your hand and Taehyung's hair. Taehyung looks at you and tilts his head and lets a small smile come up on his face. 

As you retract your hand Taehyung grabs your wrist and pulls you in again. "Y/N...."

You hum in response, ignoring the weird electric feeling you're getting through your whole body.

"You know I love you right??" you feel your face get warm. What did he mean by this? Friend love? Or love love?? 

"Um... hehe yeah of course. I love you too! And Jimin of course." you cautiously say. You hear Taehyung sigh.

He pushes your shoulders away from him so your no longer in his safe arms. "Y/N? Remember when I had to tell you something, but I couldn't finish what I was going to say because Jimin came over?"

You try to remember and it comes rushing to you. 

*FLASHBACK*

"Y/N-ah. I need to tell you something," Taehyung whispers.
"Uh um yeah?" you say nervously. Why was he saying this right now? Couldn't he see you were in an uncomfortable position? 
Taehyung gulps and says,"I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now...Y/N, I- I-" he doesn't get to finish because of Jimin's interruption. 

*BACK TO PRESENT*

"Oh... Yeah I remember..." you blush as you think back to the awkward moment that made your heart beat faster for some weird reason.

"Well. I'm going to finish saying it," Taehyung says, sounding determined. "Y/N, I like you."

Your heart beats faster and you just know he can hear it right now. But, what if Taehyung was messing with you right now. I mean, he is known for joking around with his friends and being a flirt with other girls. Just to make sure you say, "Well. I like you too."

"Really??" Taehyung smiles.

"Yeah. I mean I wouldn't be friends with you if I didn't like you." You notice that his boxy smile falters. 

"Are you that dumb?" he asks bluntly.

"E-Excuse me?" Was he just calling you dumb? 

"Do you not notice my feelings for you?" He scoffs out of frustration and shock that you were so oblivious. 

You felt a mix of feelings. 'No. Y/N don't get your hopes up. Life isn't a drama.' 

"I'm sorry. I don't get what you're trying to say...." you bite your lip, afraid of his reaction. 

"UGHHHH. I LIKE YOU! NOT IN A FRIENDLY WAY Y/N!" He yells. You're shocked. Well this wasn't very expected of him. 

"Taehyung. I-" The door bursts open. You both turn your heads to the door. Standing there is Wonwoo. 

"OH! MY! GOSH! WONWOO YAH!!!" you scream, forgetting what just happened between you and Taehyung. You run up to Wonwoo and pull him into a hug. 

Wonwoo was your best of your best friends. I mean....Besides Taehyung and Jimin. He was only a year older than you unlike Taehyung and Jimin who were two years older. 

You hear Wonwoo chuckle as he hugs you back. "How many times do I have to say that I'm older than you?" 

You step back to see him as a whole. You smile widely and start bombarding him with questions when Taehyung clears his throat. You turn around to see Taehyung right behind you. You immediately step back and look down at your feet because of the close proximity. 

"Oh. Who's this?" Wonwoo smiles. You look up to realize that you never introduced them to each other. 

"Oh my gosh. I totally forgot to introduce you guys! Taehyung-oppa. This is my friend Jeon Wonwoo! He's a year younger than you." 

"Ahh~ Hello," Taehyung greets. "I'm Kim Taehyung. I'm a close friend of Y/N." You felt a slight disappointment that he introduced himself like that. 

'What did you even expect, Y/N? UGHHHHH' you internally groan. 

"Anyeonghaseyo... I'm Jeon Wonwoo. I was friends with Y/N since....uhhh. I actually don't know," Wonwoo awkwardly chuckles. You shoot him a grin. Taehyung looks between you and Wonwoo. 

"Well. Uh. Should I leave?" Taehyung asks. 

"Huh? What why?" you ask, the confusion evident on your face. 

Before Taehyung can reply, Wonwoo hurridly says, "Oh. Anieyo, anieyo! I'll be waiting outside."

"Oh okay," you say barely over a whisper. Before Wonwoo leaves, he sends you a wink. You scrunch your face in response. 'What the heck is wrong with him?' 

"Y/N." Taehyung brings you out of your thoughts. 

"Yeah?" you say as you turn around to look at him. 

But instead of his face or his chest, you're met with his lips on yours. You widen your eyes as Taehyung flutters his eyes closed. He pulls away to look at you.

"Do you know how I feel towards you now?"