Chapter 5

Confusion

"It's me," the voice whispers. "The dude who saved your in sixth grade from Seungkwan when he tried to yell out your crush."

"What?" you were so confused.

The owner of the voice scoffs. "Aigoo. ME!" The person grabs both of your shoulders and turns you around. 

"Ehh? Taehyung?" you roll your eyes. "What the heck. Why didn't you just say you were..i don't know....MY BEST FRIEND FOR LITERALLY HALF MY ENTIRE LIFE!? YOU SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME!!!!"

He giggles. "I saved you Y/N. Good thing I covered your mouth. Or you would've started screaming for your life."

"You could've just came up to me and walked with me instead of filming an action scene from a drama!!" you whisper-shout.

"Geez Y/N. Sorry I saved your life and I am terribly I didn't walk wit-" he stops and starts walking out of the alley, slowly.

"Wae!? What is wrong!? WHAAAAT!!!???" you start to panic as you walk behind him, clutching on his jacket. Taehyung smirks.

"I just wanted to get out of here."

"...." 

"Heehee..."

"..."

"uh...Y/N?"

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE!!??" Taehyung lets out a shriek and grabs you by your wrists. 

"I'M SORRY!! WILL YOU CALM DOWN!?"

You clear your throat. "S-Sorry....You know I hate scary stuff."

Taehyung suddenly felt guilty for messing around with you. "Well. At least the y drunkyard's gone." He smiles his usual boxy one. The smile you fell in love with. Wait what. No no no. Like friendship love. Yeah. Just the friend love. hehe.

"I'll walk you home," Taehyung says as he takes your hand. You feel your heart rate going up when he does this. 

'What is happening to me?' you think. 

"Hey," Taehyung brings you out of your thoughts. You look up to show him that you were listening. "Did you want to walk with me?" 

You were taken back a bit, if you were honest. Well I mean of course you would want to walk home with your best friend. It was normal, right? "Uh. I guess? I think friends walk each other home. And I feel safe around you. And Jimin." 

Taehyung frowns as you mention Jimin. You catch yourself talking about Jimin. "Because! You two are my best friends! Since childhood!" you quickly cover it up. 'Why the heck did I suddenly talk about Jimin? He isn't even here.'

"Am I just your friend?" Taehyung asks.

"What do you mean?"

Taehyung sighs at your obliviousness. He knows that Jimin and he have changed after college. He doesn't know how, when, where, and why that he (and Jimin) suddenly started seeing you in a different way. You were the same and they were the same. But as they realized that, they sensed a rivality between them. If you were with Jimin, Taehyung would feel somewhat angry or....jealous. And Taehyung knew it wasn't only him. He knew Jimin felt like that too whenever Taehyung was a little too close to Y/N. However, during this whole time, you never seemed to notice the hints they signaled you. You were just....you. 

As Taehyung walked you to your house which was a few houses down from his, he thought if there would be a day when you'd have to choose between him and Jimin. Little did he know that Y/N wasn't as oblivious as he thought she was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: I wanted to put Yoongi or someone else who saved Y/N from the drunk dude, but I just felt there wasn't enough Taehyung in this. haha. Thank you for everyone who is reading this! I will be updating only on the weekends because of school:( Sorry the chapters are so short ㅠㅠㅠ... I will try to make them longer and try to update on weekdays if I could!! Thank youuu!!