Part Seven

In the Dark

The long day of practice finally came to a close and the seven members were preparing to leave for the night.

Kihyun was kneeling on the floor stuffing his dirty clothes into his duffle. He smiled as he again thought of what he had discovered a few hours before.

Who knew that Jooheon had a crush on their makeup noona? It was just too funny and sweet for words!

After he had left Jooheon, he had found Wonho and pulled him to a quiet corner and filled him in on the secret.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"What?!" He exclaimed loudly.

"Shhhhh!" He tried to hush him. "Don't let everyone else know, Hyung!!"

Wonho thankfully lowered his voice. "But why do you think he has a crush on Yujin noona?"

"Because I caught he and the maknae spying on her."

"Changkyun was there too?" 

"Yes, but he said it was all Jooheon. Judging from how flustered Jooheon got once I discovered his secret, I think Changkyun was telling the truth." His face broke into a wide grin and he threw back his head and laughed. "You should've seen his face! Jooheon chased after me for a few minutes but I managed to lose him."

Wonho stood there in silence for a moment, thinking. The corners of his lips started to turn up and his eyes took on a dark gleam. He turned his attention back to Kihyun.

"Kihyunnie," he started. "I have an idea."

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Kihyun felt his lips twitching and he fought to keep from smiling so no one would guess what the two of them had up their sleeve. He looked up and caught Wonho's nod.

They were all going to meet at their favorite restaurant for supper and Kihyun couldn't wait. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Changkyun grabbed his bag holding his dance clothes and other miscellaneous items and headed for the door. Everyone except for Jooheon and he had already filed out the door. He hurried after the rest, assuming that Jooheon was right behind him. He was starving. Dancing and singing for hours tired a body out.

After he had went several yards, he realized he didn't hear Jooheon's footsteps following. He stopped and looked behind him. No one was there. He retraced his steps to the practice room and pushed open the door.

Inside, Jooheon was sitting on the floor, his back pressed against the wall. His head was bowed and his hands were linked around his knees.

"Yo, Jooheon," he called. "You coming? We're going to eat. Aren't you hungry?"

Jooheon seemed not to hear him, as he made no movement to stand and continued staring at his lap.

The maknae sighed and made his way to the older member's side. Jooheon still gave no reaction that he even knew Changkyun was there. Changkyun hunched down and patted Jooheon's shoulder. "Hyung? You all right?"

Jooheon's head finally lifted and he looked at Changkyun in a daze. After a minute, his eyes cleared and his expression became disgruntled before he tossed off the maknae's hand.

"What do you want?" He growled, causing Changkyun's brows to rise in surprise.

"What?" He asked in disbelief. "What do you mean?"

Jooheon glared. "Don't act dumb. You know exactly what I mean."

Changkyun shook his head in denial. "Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do," Jooheon insisted stubbornly. He stood and placed his hands on his hips, standing directly in front of the younger. His eyes bore into Changkyun's. "You ran off and left me to face Kihyun hyung alone."

The maknae blinked. "So what? I had nothing to do with it. You were the one who was watching Shownu hyung and Yujin noona."

"So what?" Jooheon's voice was quiet. "So what?" His voice was slowly starting to rise in volume. "So what?!!" This time Jooheon was full out yelling and Changkyun cringed and covered his ears.

"Why are you yelling?"

"Because Kihyun thinks I have a crush on Yujin noona now!"

Changkyun's hands fell from his ears and his mouth fell open. "W-what?" He managed to get out before he burst out laughing.

"That's not even the worst of it! He then ran off to go tell Wonho hyung!!"

Changkyun slumped against the wall as his legs started to give out on him, still helplessly laughing.

"A crush." He said disbelieving. "Kihyun Hyung thinks you have a crush on the makeup noona?" He could barely breathe now, he was laughing so hard.

"Yes!!" Jooheon wailed, sounding like he might cry at any moment.

"Just be thankful."

"What for?"

"He could've thought you had a crush on Shownu hyung instead!"

"Ohh!" Jooheon growled again. "I should kill you, Changkyun!" His hands fisted and he took a step forward.

Changkyun's eyes widened and he abruptly stopped laughing. "Yah! Yah! No need to be hasty, Hyung." He raised his hands in self-protection and started to back towards the door.

Jooheon changed direction and continued advancing. "Hyung? You dare to call me hyung after you speak informally to me?"

"Sorry! It was accidental." The maknae was still backing towards the only exit and he looked out of the corner of his eye and saw that he was almost there. He whirled around and grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. The door opened under his hand and he slipped into the hall and took off running.

"Yah!" Jooheon yelled after him as he followed. "Get back here!"

"Why?" Changkyun hollered back. "Everyone is waiting on us to go and eat. Besides," he said, laughter again present in his voice. "If you were me, would you go back?"

His only answer was the furious yell that Jooheon let out as he raced after him.