Part Five

In the Dark

Two weeks later, the members of Monsta X were all spread out around an interview room. For some reason the interviewer had decided to interview them in groups.

Minhyuk, Jooheon and Changkyun had been interviewed first and now Shownu, Hyungwon, Wonho and Kihyun were patiently answering questions.

The interviewer, a man who appeared to be in his thirties, had apparently just asked something funny because all the members burst out laughing.

Changkyun had no idea what it could be because all of their group's questions had been strictly about their comeback. He loved talking about their newly released album and about how thankful they all were towards the Monbebes, but nothing had struck him as amusing. He mentally shrugged. It didn't matter.

A soft chuckle pulled him from his thoughts and he turned his head to encounter Jooheon's amused face. He scrunched his brows together and slightly shook his head in question. Jooheon smirked at him and his shoulders shook as he laughed silently.

"What?" He kept his voice hushed, in respect of the interview still being conducted. Jooheon just shook his head. Changkyun pushed his shoulder. "What?" He asked more forcefully. Still no verbal response from the elder.

Changkyun gave up. He pushed Jooheon's shoulder again and forced him further away from him on the couch where Minhyuk, Jooheon and he were sitting. Jooheon fell backwards on the couch and a spurt of laughter escaped him.

Changkyun quickly slapped his hand over his mouth. "Shut up!," he hissed, leaning close. "Hyung," he added after a moment. "They'll hear you!"

With difficulty, Jooheon contained his mirth. His face was still stretched wide in a huge grin.

The maknae leaned back and looked at him weirdly. What had gotten into him? He was acting very strange now. During the interview he had seemed perfectly fine. Maybe he had inhaled some chemical somewhere?

Finally, when he'd thought Jooheon would never act like himself again, his smile lessened and he moved closer to the younger again.

"Yes?" Changkyun asked him, turning his head. His voice showed his annoyance. He was really losing patience with him today. Normally, he wouldn't get on his nerves but he hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep the night before and after having been several other places today, all he wanted to do now was go back to the dorm and collapse on his bunk. "Are you ready to tell me why you keep smiling at me and laughing?"

"I'm laughing at your expression. You look so tired and tired looks good on you because of your cute little face." The last three words were spoken in Jooheon's cutesy, girly voice and Changkyun cringed at being on the receiving end of it, especially when his hyung also reached up and squeezed his cheeks. "Is the little baby maknae sleepy? He cooed.

"Hyung! Stop!" He shoved at his hands, trying to make him let go of his face.

"But why?" He asked. "You're so cute when you're angry," he said in a singsongy voice and Changkyun felt like pulling his hair out.

"Will you please stop?!"

Jooheon huffed and sat back, crossing his arms. "Fine. But you're no fun."

"So what?" He sank back and tried to relax. "So I'm no fun. What does that matter?"

"I guess if you don't know, then I won't tell you." The elder said in a fake airy voice.

He ignored the fact that Jooheon was trying to get a rise out of him and looked at the other end of the couch where Minhyuk was curled up. After their interview, he had collapsed on the couch and tried very hard to keep his eyes open.

It hadn't worked out very well, the black-haired boy yawning every couple minutes. Pretty soon, he had lost the battle and fallen asleep, his head resting on the arm of the couch. Changkyun had tried to sit so he would shield him from the rest of the room, not wanting anyone to think Minhyuk was rude and he knew Minhyuk would be angry at himself for falling asleep.

He smiled at him fondly. Minhyuk was just a ball of sweet sunshine. He smiled his adorable smile at anyone who cared to look his way. His eyes shown with innocence and it was this innocence that made everyone want to protect him from anything that could cause that innocence to fade. Changkyun was no different.

Jooheon leaned his head on Changkyun's shoulder and moved his lips to whisper in his ear.

"Remember what I mentioned a couple weeks ago?" He asked conspiratorially.

Changkyun sighed. "No. I have no idea what you're talking about. We talk about lots of things. How am I supposed to remember what we discussed two weeks ago?" He ran his fingers through his newly-dyed dirty blonde hair tiredly.

"You know." He nudged him. "About Shownu-hyung."

"What about him?"

"About finding him a girlfriend." Jooheon ignored the groan that the maknae released and spoke again. "I have some ideas." His smile had returned in full force and Changkyun closed his eyes, effectively blocking it out.

"I thought we were over that."

"This is something he really needs," he insisted. "Look." 

Changkyun followed the direction of Jooheon's hand motions.

At the table, Shownu and Wonho were sitting on one side while Kihyun and Hyungwon sat on the other. The interviewer sat at the end of the table where he could take in everyone's expressions. He looked closely at the leader's face. Shownu-hyung looked tired but he couldn't discern a reason for him needing a girlfriend from that.

"Why? 

"Why?" Jooheon's voice rose a notch. "Look how tired out he is! He's worked so hard on this comeback that he's run out of battery." 

"So have the rest of us. We've all worked hard," he inserted quickly.

"Yes, but Shownu-hyung is the leader," he stressed. "He, more than any of us, needs something to take his mind off of all his responsibilities."

Looking at his hyung's face as he smiled his shy smile at something the man had said, he spoke. "I don't know that hyung would agree with you on that. He takes his responsibilities and obligations very seriously."

"I know. That's why he needs to learn how to let go and freefall sometimes."

"Freefall?" He echoed, feeling shocked. Just what did Jooheon have in mind?

"I think I'll wait and tell you later." He winked at the maknae. "But it'll be good, I promise. Very good."

Somehow those words sounded ominous to Changkyun.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm back!

I hope you all are enjoying this ;)

Enjoy this update and don't forget to comment!!

<3