Part Ten

In the Dark

Shownu felt his hands shaking as he just stood there, unable to move. From what seemed a long distance, he heard the others talking and shouting, but the sounds seemed to be coming from through a long tunnel.

Suddenly a pair of hands grasped his shoulders, hard.

"Do you want to tell me what that was all about?"

Manager-hyung. Honestly, Shownu had completely forgotten he was even in the room. Once Yujin-noona had arrived so unexpectedly- to him, but not apparently to Wonho and Kihyun- everything had seemed to fade away and he could only grasp the fact that two of his dongsaengs had invited their makeup noona to dinner and that they had specifically had her come by to see one of them. Jooheon.

Jooheon! Why him out of the seven of them? He was the oldest and the leader. What had Wonho and Kihyun been thinking-

"Hyunwoo!" You knew the manager was angry if he was using Shownu's real name. He only used it when he was extremely angry off at them and usually one-wrong-move- from-any-of-you-and-I'm-calling-the-CEO ticked off.

"I-I don't know, Hyung. I didn't know she was coming tonight," he managed to stutter out.

Their manager turned around and looked at Wonho and Kihyun who dropped their eyes to the floor. He stepped toward them, before looking towards the door where Jooheon had exited.

He sighed and walked to the door.

Outside, Jooheon stood against the wall with his arms folded. He tugged on his arm.

"Come inside, Jooheon. We all need to talk."

Once back inside the manager turned his attention back to Wonho and Kihyun. "You two invited her?" 

Wonho finally gave a slight nod, still keeping his eyes down.

The manager's face tightened in anger. "Why? What is this about Jooheon liking her?" He scoffed. "What nonsense is that? I've never heard anything more stupid in my life." He paused and inspected the faces of the other members. "Yujin-sshi is a wonderful makeup artist and person, but does she really fit the description of girls that Jooheon has ever seemed to like?"

At that, Kihyun broke his silence. "But I caught him watching her!" At the manager's sharp glare, he added, "Hyung."

"I admit that spying on someone could possibly prove that they liked that person, but Jooheon?" Manager Kwon closed his eyes and shook his head. "It just does not sound like him. Also," he continued lifting his gaze back to Kihyun. "Why were you spying on Jooheon?"

Kihyun shrugged. "I wasn't spying, I was looking for him and I found he and Changkyun watching Yujin-noona and Shownu-hyung talking."

Changkyun gulped. He was sooo going to kill Jooheon when they got out of here. It was all his fault. If only he hadn't gotten that stupid idea to set up Shownu with a girlfriend.

If he had just left Changkyun out of his grand idea and done his spying on his own, none of this would be happening to him.

"Changkyun?" Manager Kwon turned to him, brows raised. "What were you doing there?"

This time it was Changkyun's turn to give a deadly glare to Jooheon. You're dead, he tried to make his eyes convey to his former friend. Never mind that he'd wanted to patch things up with Jooheon, make him forgive him for kidding him about liking Shownu instead. All bets were off. 

It was war.

"I was taking a break and found Jooheon. He was hiding behind a corner and watching Yujin-noona." He relaxed his stance and folded his arms. "She wasn't the only one he was watching, however." He looked around and slowly made eye contact with all of them, save for Jooheon. He finally caught his gaze and made sure he had his attention before saying,

"He was staring at Shownu-hyung. He was the one Jooheon was watching, not Yujin-noona."

He heard gasps, but he was only concerned with Jooheon's reaction.

It was priceless, too.

His mouth dropped open and his eyes nearly popped from their sockets.

Take that, Friend, he spat in his mind.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Changkyun again sat by the window on the ride home. He figured that was the safest place for him, now that Jooheon wanted to kill him.

No one could make eye contact with Jooheon, especially Shownu. After those words had left his lips, his eyes had gone to Shownu's face and on it he'd seen shock spread across it. Disgust had soon followed the shock and worse than Changkyun seeing it, was the fact that Jooheon had chosen that exact moment to look at the leader, too. 

Seeing the expression that slowly appeared on the face of his closest hyung, his closest friend, made him want to punch himself. He knew that Jooheon liked neither Shownu nor Yujin. Yet, he'd practically lied and made the others think something that wasn't true. Yes, Jooheon had also watched Shownu, but not in that way.

So why had he said that? Why had he purposely hurt someone whom he cared about? Someone that he loved as a brother? 

He couldn't erase the memory of the look on Jooheon's face. It didn't hold anger, or rage. Those, he could have dealt with remembering. 

No, he had been totally, utterly destroyed. And by only a few thoughtless, angry sentences.

He didn't deserve Jooheon's forgiveness. He didn't deserve to be the one in no trouble with Manager Kwon while he had commanded that Jooheon not leave the dorm, indefinitely, except for his schedule responsibilities. 

He desperately wanted, needed Jooheon's forgiveness. But he no longer could even ask for it. He'd gone way too far in his vendetta. 

What he deserved, was to be tossed out of the group and left to fend for himself.

After all...that's what he'd done to Jooheon. Left him to face the music all by himself.

No, created the music.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Here, I am, back with another update :) Comment and let me know what you think. I love to read comments!