Part Eleven

In the Dark

As soon as they arrived back at the dorm, Changkyun headed straight for the room he shared with Minhyuk, Kihyun and Jooheon.

He didn't know how Jooheon would react if they were alone. He thought the best course of action would be to hop in bed and by some miracle be asleep by the time he came in. 

He undressed and buttoning the last buttons on his pajama top when the doorknob turned.

Kihyun and Minhyuk entered, still strangely quiet after the crazy evening.

Minhyuk stopped short as be caught sight of him. "Ready for bed already?"

He gave a jerky nod, his eyes watching the door, wondering where Jooheon was.

"Um," he said hesitantly. "Where's Jooheon?"

Minhyuk's face scrunched up a little as he replied. "He said something about sleeping on the couch tonight..."

Changkyun felt his heart sink. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning they all got ready to go to their various schedules. Changkyun only had an interview in the morning and then nothing for the rest of the day.

At breakfast no one spoke, all of them preoccupied with their own thoughts, no one looking each other in the eyes. He was relieved when their driver picked him up.

He somehow made it through the interview, answering the woman's questions with only half his mind on the conversation.

Once outside, he hurriedly climbed in the van. The driver turned his head.

"Where to today? Shopping?" He chuckled, smiling.

Changkyun didn't smile back. "Back to the dorm, please."

Once there, he entered his room and leaned against the door for support. His heart was pounding in his chest.

He knew what he needed to do. What he had to do.

He pushed away from the door and went to his bunk. He fished out his duffel from under the bottom bunk.

Next, he went to his dresser and randomly grabbed some underthings before pushing open the sliding closet door and pulling shirts and jeans from the hangers.

Once his bag was full, he zipped it closed and glanced around the room, trying to see if there was anything he'd forgotten.

He could easily buy a toothbrush...toothpaste...deodorant- wait!

His wallet! He wouldn't be able to do anything without that!

He quickly grabbed it from the top of his dresser. He wasn't allowed to have a phone yet, so he didn't have that to grab. Instead, he stuffed his iPod into his pocket.

Lastly, he went to the shared desk and pulled out pen and paper. He bit his lip for a few moments before scribbling on the paper.

ing the sheet of paper in an envelope, he sealed it and placed it on Jooheon's bed. 

I have to make this right.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Shownu sighed for the tenth time and dropped his head into his hands. He kept seeing Yujin's disappointed face and hearing the hurt and embarrassment in her voice as she apologized. 

Apologized for absolutely no reason. 

What had gotten into him? When he had seen her come through the door and realized who it was, his heart had stopped. He had often imagined what it would be like to have join them, him, for a meal. 

He had finally gotten over his shock and been about to stand and welcome her when Wonho and Kihyun had rushed over to her. 

He again heard her words to Jooheon. Wonho and Kihyun told me you wanted me to come tonight but were probably too shy to ask me.

Why? Why would Jooheon have wanted her to come?

Seeing her looking at Jooheon had made his blood boil and he didn't realize his hands had fisted until they had started to pain him.

 Jooheon had started to stutter and somehow he'd found the strength to rise and rescue his dongsaeng.

Even though you've betrayed me, I'll take the high road.

As soon as the thought crossed his mind, he tossed it away and scoffed at himself.

No. Jooheon didn't betray me. He didn't know I had feelings for Yujin. Ha! I didn't know myself until now.

He somehow made his way over to them and gave her a proper welcome. He couldn't make his body relax, though. He felt like a wire that could snap at the least provocation.

He almost jumped out of his skin at a sudden touch on his shoulder and jerked around wanting to punch whoever had bothered him. 

Minhyuk.

He calmed once he saw his close friend and dongsaeng. His shoulders finally relaxed.

Until....

He listened as Wonho told them how happy Jooheon was to have Yujin there.

Jooheon smiled at her and responded with an answer, but he couldn't hear it. He felt the air rushing through his head and it was so loud, it blocked out every other sound.

So, it was true. Jooheon had wanted her here.

Hearing Jooheon say it made it so much worse than if he had just kept quiet and smiled at her. It made it real.

Shownu felt his entire body freeze. His breathing became shallow. 

Slowly, he forced his hands to move. He turned to Yujin. He had to somehow make it seem that he welcomed her here. He wasn't sure he'd done the best job before.

He had forgotten one thing, though. To wipe the look off his face.

Yujin's expression became upset and she dropped her eyes. "O-oh. I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come. I'm interrupting your group dinner." She grabbed her bag. "E-excuse me."

He watched numb and dumbfounded as she hurried to the door.

Jooheon finally reacted. "Noona! Wait!" He pushed through the door after her.

After a minute he returned, alone.

He felt Jooheon's hands as he pushed him.

He didn't care.

Yujin was gone. She was gone. Left because of him.

He wanted to run after her, but his feet wouldn't move.

He vaguely realized that Minhyuk and Wonho were speaking, but his mind didn't focus on the words.

Jooheon got close and whispered in his ear. 

"Hyung, listen. I don't like Yujin that way."

Those words he heard. "What?' He asked.

" I saw your reaction when Wonho-hyung and Kihyun-hyung told Yujin-noona that I wanted her to join us." He leaned back and looked him in the eye. "I saw and it's your fault she left."

No. 

Jooheon stalked to the door, grabbing his jacket as he went. 

"You need to fix it."

His words had echoed behind him.

Had he spoken the truth? Was he really not interested in Yujin like that?

Shownu felt his heartbeat speed up. It seemed to pump hope into his veins.

He fumbled for his phone and looked at the time. Yes. Yujin should still be here.

He left the studio and walked through the halls before he finally stopped in front of a door. He knocked.

After what seemed an eternity, a voice told him to enter.

Yujin was bent over a table filled with cosmetics and didn't see him immediately because her back was to the door.

He waited for her to look up. She placed a bottle in its drawer and turned with a smile, which disappeared as soon as she saw him.

"Shownu-sshi," she said formally and his heart sank. She hadn't spoken to him this way in months.

He held up his hand as she would've continued. "May I speak first, please?" He requested. She nodded stiffly.

"Yujin-noona, I need to apologize to you." He bowed low before her. "I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I did not mean to cause you to leave last night."

He straightened. A look of pain crossed her face.

She didn't speak, just watched his face. "Why did you?" She finally said.

He felt his face heat and ducked his head so she wouldn't see.

He tried to think what to say. He didn't have any words - just the truth.

"I was jealous." The words came out in a whisper.

"What?"

He cleared his throat. "I was jealous. Jealous because I thought Jooheon had practically invited you."

A look of confusion crossed her face. "Didn't he?"

He shook his head. "I believe Wonho and Kihyun invited you because they mistakenly thought Jooheon liked you." 

Tears filled her eyes.

"Wait!" He held up his hand hurriedly. She wasn't supposed to cry! Man, his communication skills .

"Jooheon doesn't like you-"

Several tears slipped down her cheeks and a sob escaped.

He grabbed his head and pulled on his hair in frustration. "What I'm trying to say, is Jooheon doesn't like you, but I DO!"

She blinked at him, no longer sobbing. "Really?" She used the back of her hand to wipe away some tears. "You like me?" She asked, voice quiet.

Shownu felt immensely relieved that he'd finally gotten the words out. He nodded, a smile starting to appear. "Yes. I like you, Nam Yujin."

The smile that appeared on her face felt like the rainbow after a storm to his heart.

"Thank goodness. I was beginning to think you'd never like me back." She chuckled.

He thought he'd somehow heard wrong.

"What?" He breathed.

She smiled and stepped closer, reaching up to cup his face. "I've liked you for so long." She paused before continuing. "Hyunwoo."

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

I'm feeling on a roll here lol. Three or four chapters in two weeks!

Enjoy!!

Annyeong~