Part Three

In the Dark

So due to some lovely readers commenting and asking me if I was planning to continue this....Guess what!! I am!! I am so happy about the great response I have gotten from this and I just want to say thank you to all my 24 subscribers( 24 is actually my favorite number :D ) and of course all of my other readers as well! I love you, guys! <3

Also, this will now feature the other five members of Monsta X, not just Changkyun and Jooheon :)

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

Shownu stared around the living room and tried to make sense of just what had happened in the few hours he and the others had been gone.

When he'd left, the dorm had been in rather good, not spotless mind you, but good, shape. Now, it was a shambles. And just why was there a cat sitting on top of the cupboard? Were they now housing animals as a way of having a second income?

He shook his head trying to make sure he was awake. Maybe he was asleep and this was a really weird dream.

Yeah. That must be it. I'm dreaming. Any second now, I'm going to roll over and land on the floor like I always do. 

Going with that thought, he reached down and pinched his arm.

Ouch.

"I'm not dreaming." His words came out sounding very monotone. He was disappointed. He had been sure he was dreaming.

The other various conversations that had been going on between the other members all abruptly stopped as they all turned to look at him.

"What was that, Hyung?" Hyungwon finally found his voice to ask.

"Nothing," he muttered, running his hand through his hair in agitation. "Okay," he spoke louder trying to quiet the others who had resumed their conversations again after he had stopped talking. "Will someone," he looked meaningfully at Changkyun, Jooheon, and Minhyuk," please tell me what in the world happened here?" 

All three started speaking at once and he held his hand up to halt them. "One at a time, please. Changkyun, you go first."

"Uhh. Well, I was asleep and Jooheon hyung came in our room and woke me up. He wanted to play XBox but he decided he wanted some food so I was going to make him ramen-"

"Big surprise." Came the hushed mutter from Wonho, who rolled his eyes.

Shownu looked to Wonho and gave him a look which immediately made him snap his mouth shut and turn and look at Changkyun.

Changkyun took a breath before continuing, "Anyway, I was just going to turn the stove on when the electricity went out. "

"And I was in the living room starting the game and it was so dark that I went to find Kyunnie-" Jooheon burst out interrupting.

"And bumped into me, you big idiot. Then we heard a loud crash from the living room and Jooheon hyung screamed like a little girl." Changkyun threw a sneer at Jooheon who turned beet red and tugged his hat further down his forehead.

"So did you," he mumbled under his breath, trying to contain his embarrassment.

"Changkyun did what too?" Shownu asked trying to get every little detail.

Jooheon blushed harder. "Screamed like a little girl." He surreptitiously peeked under his hat to catch a glimpse of Changkyun's face and found him glaring in his direction.

"Awwww," Kihyun cooed. "I didn't know I had two daughters. This being a mom business just gets better every day." He walked over to Jooheon and wrapped his arms around him in a bear hug before going toward a Changkyun with the same intention, who backed away from him, a scared look on his face.

Kihyun followed, his arms stuck out in front of him. "Come here, baby girl. Come to Momma."

Changkyun ducked behind Minhyuk for safety. He ducked his head out momentarily just to say, "Stay away, Hyung! What's wrong with you? Are you crazy?" before hiding behind Minhyuk once more.

 "Why are you calling your mother crazy?" 

"Mother, nothing! You're only a little bit older than me. And you're a boy! I'm a boy! I don't have what girls have!" In his distress, Changkyun was now yelling. 

Kihyun made his way behind Minhyuk and reached out for the maknae again.

"Stay away!" 

His safe area now overtaken by the enemy, Changkyun took refuge behind Hyungwon.

"Guys. Guys! GUYS!" Finally, Shownu made himself heard.

Silence fell and Kihyun stopped trying to grab Changkyun so he could hug him.

Shownu took a deep breath. "Now that I have everyone's attention and no one is speaking, would like to say something." He opened his mouth.

"Low battery."

Shownu's mouth shut with a snap and he looked around the room. "Whose phone is that?"

Wonho hesitantly raised his hand. "Mine." He looked at the leader sheepishly. "Sorry."

Shownu sighed and then spoke. "I think I know most everything that happened with Changkyun and Jooheon but, Minhyuk, you haven't told us what happened to you." He looked at him and raised his eyebrows slightly.

Minhyuk cleared his throat. "I ended up going to the convenience store just down the road. I wanted some junk food," Shownu threw him a look but he pretended not to see it and continued, " and so I got some chocolate bars and some strawberry m-"

"Low battery."

"-ilk." Minhyuk finished softly.

"I see." Shownu ignored the loud automated voice and nodded at Minhyuk to keep going. "And then?"

"Then I went to go back to the dorm and found it was storming out. I didn't have an umbrella so I got soaked."

Hyungwon snickered and Minhyuk looked hurt.

He turned away from Hyungwon and continued.

"When I got out of the elevator everything was dark. I used my phone's flashlight so I could see where I was going. I was almost to the door when something ran past me. I didn't know what it was at first but when I walked closer, I realized it was a cat. Well, a kitten really."

Mentioning the cat brought its whereabouts to mind and Minhyuk looked toward the cupboard where it had been sitting.

It was gone!

"Where'd the kitten go?!" He burst out. "It's too little to be wandering alone."

Minhyuk frantically searched behind the furniture and then glanced at the front door, which was still open. Apparently in all the excitement, no one had thought to close it.

"Oh, no!" He ran to the door and looked up and down both sides of the long hallway. "I don't see him. I hope he didn't go back out." He turned around to walk the one step back inside the dorm when he suddenly tripped and fell.

"Again?!" He yelled in frustration.

He pushed himself up and looked at what had caused him to fall. His forgotten bag of chocolate and drinks.

"Oops. I must've dropped it when I picked up the cat."

He squatted down and placed the loose items back in the bag. Picking up the bag, he discovered his phone lying underneath.

"I forgot about that too." He pressed his lips together and looked at the others who all had big grins on their faces. "Stop. Stop."

Someone let out a snort and he snapped. "STOP, I SAID!"

"All right, all right. No need to shout." Shownu tried to be the voice of reason.

"Low battery."

Everyone turned to glare at Wonho, who backed up slightly and raised his hands. "I'll go look for the cat," he volunteered and beat a hasty retreat down the dorm hallway.

"We need to clean this place," Shownu said looking around the room tiredly. "I'll go find the broom."

Shownu went to the kitchen, and Minhyuk walked inside and closed and locked the door.

The other four members followed Shownu and left the room.

Minhyuk peeled off his wet hoodie and dropped it onto the stuffed chair beside the couch.

Shownu back with the broom, picked up the hoodie with one finger and shoved it at him. "Go hang that up. Don't throw it on the furniture."

"All right, Hyung." Sighing, he made his way down the hall to do as the eldest had said.

He entered the room he shared with Jooheon, Kihyun and Changkyun. Inside, the maknae had flopped facedown on his top bunk.

"You look like a beached whale, Kyun."

"Look who's talking. You look like a drowned rat," Changkyun shot back, not even bothering to lift his head.

Minhyuk huffed. "Not for much longer. I'm going to change my clothes." He started to remove his shirt.

Just then there came a loud yell and both boys hurried out of the room, Minhyuk with one arm in, one arm out of his shirt.

Shownu appeared from the direction of the living room and Jooheon popped his head out of the kitchen, while Kihyun and Hyungwon came from the other bedroom.

"I found the cat!"

Everyone followed the sound of Wonho's voice.

"It's in the shower!" Wonho sounded scandalized.

The others all crowded into the bathroom  with Wonho, which felt very small with seven people standing in it.

Wonho had the shower curtain pulled back and was staring at the cat who was lying curled up in the bottom.

Minhyuk squeezed through so he could go see his pet. "Aww. He must like the coolness of the porcelain." He reached in and softly petted the kitten's head and the black kitten started to purr.

"Oh! He likes me!" He said excitedly.

"He would probably like anyone that pets it," Wonho said, reaching in as he spoke.

The kitten arched its back and hissed at him and everyone roared with laughter.

"Or not, Hyung," Jooheon chuckled.

Wonho backed up away from the tub and Changkyun took his place by the side.

"Will someone please grab the cat, because we need to take it outside." 

Minhyuk looked at Shownu in horror. "We can't do that, Hyung! It's too small and it's pouring down outside!"

"Well, it can't stay here."

"Why not?"

"Because we're too busy and it needs a litter box-"

"We can buy a litter box."

"And just who would be caring for this animal?"

"Well...." Minhyuk was quiet for a minute." We all could. We could take turns!"

"Count me out." 

Minhyuk looked at Hyungwon in deep sadness. "Why won't you help?"

"Because I hate cats."

Minhyuk gasped. "Cats are some of the most gentle of all animals. How can you hate them?"

Hyungwon shrugged. "I just can."

Minhyuk shook his head at him before he gave up. "Whatever." His excitement returned and he looked again at Shownu. "Can we keep him, Hyung? Please?"

Shownu looked at Minhyuk's hopeful face and couldn't dash his gentle heart.

"Okay, on one condition. That everyone does their fair share around here. No excuses."

Minhyuk narrowed his eyes at Hyungwon who finally caved under the pressure.

"Okay. Fine. I'll help with the stupid cat."

Minhyuk jumped a little and clapped his hands."Yay! We have a cat. I'm going to name him Salem. After the black cat in that American TV show."

Changkyun groaned and facepalmed. "Seriously?"

Shownu suddenly noticed Minhyuk's half undressed state. "Minhyuk, you need to take a hot shower so you don't get sick."

"Yes, Dad," he responded.

"Low battery."

" Wonho, I swear if you don't go and plug that phone in, I will flush it down the toilet!!" Shownu yelled.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Hope you all enjoy this ;) 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote if you'd like!

I love you all <3