Part Four

In the Dark

"What is your ideal type?" 

Changkyun looked over at Jooheon who was curled up on the other end of the couch. "What?" Some chip crumbs fell out of his mouth as he spoke and landed on his lap.

Jooheon shrugged. "You know. Your ideal type. Like to date."

The maknae just continued to look somewhat confused as he blinked his eyes a few times. He let out a long sigh and rubbed his eyes. They were currently the only two members at the dorm. All the others had had schedules to attend. The two youngest had decided to watch a movie and order takeout.

"I don't know, Hyung," he finally said, yawning. " I have no time to date. I don't think about it."

"Oh, come on!" Jooheon scoffed. "Everyone thinks about who they'd like to date."

"Maybe I'm the exception to the rule." He pursed his lips in a pouty, flirty way and turned to glance at Jooheon.

"Pssh."

Changkyun threw back his head and laughed.

"What is your ideal type?" The maknae decided to turn the tables. He watched amusedly as his friend sputtered, lost for words.

"See!" He pointed at him. "You can't even think of anyone."

"Yes, I can." He paused for several seconds before continuing." I-I just have to empty my mind for a moment." He nodded emphatically as he spoke.

Changkyun leaned back and got comfortable. Finally, after five minutes of silence he turned to the older boy. "Well? Have you emptied your mind yet?"

Jooheon cleared his throat, before sitting up straight on the couch. "I have." His voice sounded prim and proper, just like a British school kid would and Changkyun stifled the laugh that threatened to burst out of his mouth.

"And?"

"My ideal type would be someone who looks and dresses nice. They would be very neat and tidy. They would also cook wonderfully. But most of all, they would be very loving."

"Sounds like Kihyun-hyung," Changkyun commented.

"What!!"

"It does. He looks and dresses nice, he's neat and tidy and he cooks great. He's also very loving," he added, throwing an evil grin Jooheon's way.

Jooheon grabbed the pillow from behind his back and hit Changkyun over the head with it.

"Owww!"

"Serves you right!" Jooheon sniffed and turned away, folding his arms over his chest.

Changkyun rubbed his head and looked at Jooheon's back which was straight as a board. 

"You're just jealous that he won't look at you like that."

The other's head whipped around so fast it made the maknae feel dizzy.

"I am not!"

Changkyun shrugged. "Whatever." He looked back to the T.V., now not even sure what was going on in the movie since he hadn't paid attention to it for ten minutes.

Jooheon stared at him for a minute before relaxing a little. His attention also turned back to the movie but it only lasted for a few minutes before his thoughts took over and the noise faded to the background.

No matter what Changkyun said, he didn't feel that way about Kihyun. He was just a friend and hyung. A fellow bandmate, a fellow roommate. So what if sometimes they all acted like they had crushes on each other? Living in such tight quarters with six other people made you close. Like family. Like brothers.

He was so deep in thought he didn't hear the sound of soft paws on the floor. One minute he was peacefully sitting there and the next he was letting out an ear-splitting screech as five pounds of something jumped on his shoulder. He jumped up, causing the something to dig in its claws so as not to be flung across the room.

"AHHHHH!!"

Changkyun jumped as well, turning to look at him as he did a dance around the living room.

"What are you doing?" He hollered at him, quickly hopping up and making his way to him. "You're going to kill poor Salem and Minhyuk will kill you when he finds out you killed his cat!"

At that, Jooheon stopped suddenly. Changkyun was right. If there was one little, teensy-tiny hair out of place on this cat's head, his head would be on a platter.

The maknae gently pulled at the kitten's paws, loosening his claws. He scooped up the little black ball of fur and cuddled him to his chest. Immediately it started to purr and closed its eyes. "Awww." 

Jooheon's eyes shot wide. Had he just heard what he thought he'd heard? Had Changkyun just cooed at a cat?

He must've felt him boring a hole in him, because the maknae looked up and his expression immediately turned sheepish as he shrugged his shoulders.

Jooheon shook his head and rolled his eyes. One minute the youngest acted all mature and grown up, and the next he acted like a four-year-old.

Salem pushed his paws against the maknae's arms and squirmed to be let down, so Changkyun loosened his hold. The little cat made a beeline for his cat dish sitting on the kitchen floor. He plopped down beside it and his light golden eyes stared at Changkyun sorrowfully.

"I know. You're hungry. Your daddy has to get you some more food first. He'll be home soon." He had no idea why he was trying to reassure a cat. It's not like the cat could understand him.

Salem let out a high pitched yowl and they both winced.

Or maybe he could understand.

"Here, have some water," Jooheon offered. He squatted down and waved his fingers back and forth over his water dish.

What sounded like a sniff of disdain escaped the kitten as he regally turned his head, nose in the air.

"Well, I like that!" Jooheon exclaimed. "There's gratefulness for you." 

A snort sounded from Changkyun's mouth. "You know how he has Minhyuk wrapped around his paws."

"Yeah." Jooheon let out a chuckle. "He certainly does, at that."

Changkyun looked at the time. "They should be back any time now." Just then the sound of a key in the lock was heard and the other five members slowly trudged inside, their feet dragging.

Salem, hearing the sound of Minhyuk's voice, quickly bolted for the door.

Wonho happened to be standing in front of the happy ball of sunshine and he stooped down to pet the kitten's head. Salem swiped his paw near his face and hissed, his fur standing on edge. 

Changkyun and Jooheon burst out laughing, holding their stomachs. 

Wonho's face became annoyed and his ears turned red.

Shownu patted him on the shoulder as he passed by him. "Don't worry about it, Wonho. Salem will warm up to you." He was almost to the door of the living room when he spoke again. "Eventually." 

Everyone cracked up, except for Minhyuk, too busy cradling his kitty. Said kitty was acting like a puppy as he his daddy's face, causing Minhyuk to giggle.

Jooheon came up beside Changkyun and leaned in close to his ear. "I just had an idea."

The maknae looked at him. "What kind of idea?"

"Why don't we find Shownu a girlfriend?"

Changkyun's mouth dropped open. "Are you crazy?!"

Jooheon shrugged, looking confused. "I don't think so. Why?"

He really had no idea why everyone in the room roared with laughter.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

So this totally went in a different direction than I was planning :D

Hope you all enjoy :) Please, please comment. I love to read them <3

Bye ~