Epilogue

In the Dark

It was a month later and all but Shownu were hanging out backstage. K.Will had had a concert and after the show they'd decided to go back there and wait for him. Shownu had soon excused himself and disappeared.

Minhyuk tapped Jooheon on the shoulder. "Hey, Jooheon. Did Shownu-hyung say where he was going?"

The rapper looked at Minhyuk in surprise. "No. Why? Should he have told me?"

The vocalist shrugged. "No. You two have seemed closer lately so I thought maybe he had told you."

"Nope," Jooheon shrugged this time. "Sorry." Minhyuk turned away and Jooheon turned back to Changkyun who was standing beside him. He wrapped his arm around his best friend's shoulder and squeezed tightly. "Hey," he said, speaking softly in his ear.

Changkyun turned to face him. "What's up?"

Jooheon swallowed hard before he continued. His fingers absentmindedly traced patterns on the maknae's arm as he tried to organize his thoughts. "You know last month when you ran away?"

The pause was so long, that Changkyun finally spoke. "Yes?" He asked, feeling that the moment was serious.

"I'm really glad that we found you." He raised his eyes from watching his fingers move to his friend's face. "I wouldn't have been able to go on-"

The younger interrupted. "Oh, come on, Hyung. Yes, you would've! You're strong, you know that?" It was Changkyun's turn to grasp his hyung's shoulders. He squeezed them tightly and looked him straight in the face as he continued. "You are one of the strongest in this group."

Jooheon couldn't help the snort that escaped him as he thought of how easily he could dissolve into tears. "Yeah, right," he scoffed, laughing.

The maknae looked insulted at his lack of belief in his words. "I mean it, Hyung," he insisted. "When it really counts, you are one of the strongest." His face split into a smile as he loosened his grip to hug his hyung instead. "But I'm very happy you found me, too."

Jooheon returned the hug. He pulled back and gave Changkyun a teasing grin. "Plus," he said. "Just think what would've happened had you left the group. All those girls who love you to pieces? Well, if you were gone, guess who they would've naturally turned to?"

All the maknae did was raise his brows in query.

"Me!" Jooheon dramatically waved his hand towards his chest.

"Oh, really." Changkyun's voice was dry as dust and he rolled his eyes. 

Jooheon smacked his arm. "Yes, really," he insisted.

"Ha ha."

The excited chatter in the room ceased and the silence was so sudden that it pulled the two rappers' attention to where the other four members were standing together. The two quickly joined them.

They were all staring out the stage door with their mouths hanging open.

Jooheon pushed his way to the front so he could see. "What, what?" He asked excitedly. "What's going on-?" His voice cut out abruptly as he, too, saw what had so shocked the others. 

Changkyun, stuck at the back behind all the others, craned his neck, trying to see without success.  Being the only one left out made him cranky. "What's going on, guys?" He tried to push through as Jooheon had done, but found it impossible. He stomped his foot. "I want to see too, you guys. Let me through," he whined.

Wonho silently reached back and pulled him till he was standing at the front beside him. 

Changkyun gasped as he watched the most amazing sight. "W-what?" He managed to say.

"Did I miss something?" Minhyuk asked, head tilted to the side in confusion.

"I think we all did," Kihyun replied, reaching over and patting the older on the back.

Hyungwon for once looked wide awake. He was staring so hard in front of him that he did indeed resemble the frogs he seemed to love so much. He rubbed his eyes and took another glance. He shook his head in disbelief. "I don't think I slept enough last night. I could swear that I see-"

Wonho cut him off as he nodded. "It's no dream, Hyungwon. I see them, too."

"H-how? How?" Was the only word Jooheon could manage.

Wonho fumbled for his phone. "I know," he said. "I'll take a picture." He clicked on the camera icon and proceeded to do just that.

They all watched as Shownu and Yujin neared the doorway. The leader was holding the makeup stylist's hand and she was smiling up at him adoringly. 

"Hi, guys," Shownu greeted. 

Jooheon put his hand to his forehead as he felt a sudden weakness overtake him. "I-I think I need to sit down." His legs gave out and Minhyuk tried to catch him by the arm, but ended up joining him as the rapper slid to the ground.

Yujin's face showed her shock. "Omo! Are you all right, Jooheon?"

Jooheon stared at Yujin, jaw slack, but didn't speak.

"Yah!" Shownu waved his arm at him. "Stop staring at my girlfriend like that."

"Girlfriend?" Jooheon's voice held an ethereal quality as he turned his gaze to the leader. "Yujin-noona is who you're dating? How, Hyung? How did you know that I wanted to set you up with her?"

Changkyun's eyes widened on hearing Jooheon rat himself out.

Shownu's eyes bugged. "You what?"

Yujin just blinked in confusion.

"Was that why you've been acting so strange lately, Jooheon?" Shownu demanded.

Jooheon finally realized what he'd done and scrambled to his feet. 

Shownu advanced on him and he quickly tried to dodge his outstretched hand. The two were soon racing around the circle of members while they just watched them dumbly.

"I told him not to do it," the maknae muttered. "But did he listen to me? Of course, not."

Wonho still held his phone, and he hit record as Shownu began chasing Jooheon. A sudden loud automated voice broke through Shownu's yells.

"Low battery."

All eyes were suddenly on Wonho, who cringed and covered his head protectively. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he said, frantically trying to turn the phone off.

Shownu forgot about Jooheon and walked towards the second-oldest with purpose in his steps. "I believe I said last time what I would do with that phone of yours, Wonho."

"Nooo!" Wonho screeched as he ran around backstage, the leader now chasing him.

The others all burst out laughing as they watched the eldest members act like little kids.

Yujin looked bewildered. "He threatened Wonho's phone?" She asked, eyebrows raised, completely confused.

At that, Changkyun and Hyungwon collapsed on the floor laughing even harder, Jooheon grinned and Minhyuk and Kihyun held their stomachs. 

"Noona, you have no idea," Jooheon told her.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

It's finally finished!!! This marks the first fic that I've actually completed and that makes me so happy!!!

Please comment as usual and let me hear your thoughts. 

And if you want to read more about Monsta X, you can check out my still-ongoing fic, My Unbelievable Life and I started a brand-new fic featuring Wonho, called Breathless.

Thank you so much for reading and sticking with this story!! :)