For a Second Chance…

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 34

 

For a Second Chance…

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

“Okay let’s take a break for five minutes” Soon-won, or The One, that’s what they call him, said as we take a break from our practice. I didn’t know that he is also a vocal coach in SM so we are using one of their studio.

As soon as I agree on guesting on that show, I was shock that the writer already put me on the line up for the upcoming episode and will be singing a duet with this famous singer. As far as I’ve heard he was the one who insisted that I should be the one singing a duet with him. The shoot will be done this coming Saturday and I need to practice more to be in my best for the competition.

“Ms. Kim… thanks for agreeing to be my duet partner for this song.” He said to me.

“I am the one who supposed to give my thanks.” I said. “I am not even famous and yet you pick me.”

“Not even famous? I don’t know where you heard that but many people knows you and your daughter too” He said to me. “By the way, are you really okay on doing the first part of the song? I know I just decide it on a whim but…”

“It is okay… I also think that my voice suit the first part too.” I said to him.

“Arraseo… then let’s continue with the practice.” He said to me.

The practice was fun and tiring. A few months of not practicing really make my voice a little rusty but Mr. One said that it sounded fine. From time to time Jessica and Tiffany came to check up on me, and they literally showing up every few hours.

“Taeng… do you have any outfit for the performance?” Tiffany ask me. “If you don’t, we can lend you some?”

“It’s okay… I still have some clothes that I could use.” I said to them.

Just then Jessica came in with a smug on her face. “Taeng do you still want your daughter to be a trainee?” She ask me.

“Why do you ask?”

“Well Lee Sajangnim talk to me about it, and he said that Jiyeon can still be a celebrity. If you want you can let her join to be an SM trainee.”

“I don’t think it is such a good idea.” I said to her.

“Why not? Beside she still has an outstanding fans who by the way, still petitioning her return to the radio program, not that I care about that, and she has talents.”

“I don’t want to force her… if she says she wants too then she can… but I already promise YG last time.” I said to them.

“Well you don’t have any connection to YG anymore so…” She was about to insist but I just ended up ignoring her.

After the practice, Tiffany offered me a ride back, and I know why she offered that. TOP oppa insisted to rent me an apartment near SNSD’s dorm and even if I refuse I couldn’t as my two friends especially Tiffany, who always tagged along.

Since I accepted to guest on the show, TOP oppa has been the one driving me everyday, and it somewhat uncomfortable for me since he already helping me a lot and I don’t know how to repay him or the Choi’s.

“So how’s practice?” TOP oppa asks.

“It was good, I only need to memorize the lyrics and also not have a stage fright when we perform it on Saturday.” I said to him.

“You will do fine Taeng.” Tiffany said. “Beside this is your chance to be known as a singer seriously.”

“I am with Tiffany. Don’t worry too much… and just be yourself.” TOP oppa said.

As he drop me off to my apartment, I invited them for a cup of coffee but the two decline. In some way, for this past week whenever I invite them to be polite the two also decline. I don’t know if there is something going on with those two.

“By the way Taeng… Jiyeon asks if she could join Umma to the amusement park tomorrow.
 TOP oppa asks.

“That little girl… okay… but this will be last time.” I said to him. “Please tell Choi Oemonim that don’t spoil Jiyeon so much.”

“Okay I will tell mom.” TOP oppa said as he drove away with my best friend sitting beside him. There is really going on with those two…

As I went inside my apartment and lit the room. I felt nostalgic as I remember the times I always enter Jiyong apartment. I smile remembering it, but try to not think about it since I decided not to think about Jiyong anymore… still it is hard. I’ve eaten dinner and also video call Jiyeon to ask how her day was. It was sure pleasant but she complain about TOP oppa’s nephew who adore her so much. Jiyeon said that she like her Jisung oppa more. Our conversation ended when I put her to sleep by me singing to her, and once I saw her eyes close I ended the call and also sleep for the day.

But like every other night I can’t see to sleep so, I went out for a little walk.

 

 

 

 

TOP’s pov…

 

 

“Hey Tiff do you know about Jiyeon’s real parents?” I ask Tiffany. We are at the Han river drinking coffee. Since her drunken confession last time, which I didn’t tell her about, we hang out from time to time. Like today, without a single thought about what will happen if people see us, we grab some coffee and chill by the riverside before I drop her off at SM again.

“I don’t know much. We know the mother was our classmate in High School. About the father… Taeyeon just said the guy was a celebrity or something. Even if you ask Jessica she will also tell you the same thing.” She said to me.

I just drink my coffee and said “What kind of sick bastard that would just randomly make a girl pregnant and won’t even take the responsibility.”

“You sure are a man of dignity Oppa.” She said to me.

“Well my family is a military one and they value good behavior and instill it in me since I was young. Also to take responsibility towards anything you have done is my grandfather’s motto or else he wouldn’t marry my grandma.” I told her.

“Hey… about Jiyong… did he really give up on my friend just like that?” She ask me. “I know that he loves Taeyeon, and even though his memory hasn’t comeback, I know he has feeling for her.”

“About Jiyong I don’t know what he is thinking. He rarely talk to me and just do his job at YG.” I said. “He is like an empty shell right now.”

“I know what Jessica said was out of line and sometime I question myself if it really is the best decision… it is just that… seeing Taeyeon like that… she just looks fine but I can see it her eyes… she is still hurt.”

“Just give her time…” I said to her. Just then I receive a text from Jessica asking if I am with Tiffany. “Hey I need to bring you back. Jessica has been texting me.”

She didn’t said anything and just get in the car. Truthfully I don’t even know what is our status right now, but since that drunken confession, I have been hanging out with Tiffany more than I did before. I even ask her for some advice on what I should give as a present to my sister.

After I drop her off to SM, I went back to YG to get something but what I find is Jiyong still working.

“You are going to die by overwork if you continue on like this.” I said as I enter his studio.

“I’m just finishing this song then I will go home hyung.” He said to me. He then look at me and I felt that he wanted to ask something but couldn’t do it.

“If you are talking about Taeyeon she already went home safely.” I said to him. “Her performance is also this Saturday, which by the way coincidently the same as your guesting for a talk show.”

“You don’t say…” He said to me. “It is just coincidence hyung. You know I am not the one who schedule my work right?”

I then notice the melody of the song he was working on and it felt like the voice that suited for it was Taeyeon. Is he producing an album for Taeyeon?

I left him after that and just went back to my own apartment. At my home I review the report my detective that I hired. It seems that the police has been very lenient lately and haven’t have any new leads with regard to Jin-Tae’s whereabouts. Truthfully I have doubts that Taeng’s ex-husband will attack the mother and daughter again. Maybe that guy is out of the country or busy hiding somewhere in the countryside.

Should I call of the investigation?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

“Son how long are you going to pretend that you didn’t know them?” Kwon Umma said to me over the phone. She accidentally knows that I already regain my memory but decided not to tell it to Taeyeon and just break up with her completely. “You are an idiot! You already have them and you just let them slip away from your grasp just for you to do something like this. You aren’t helping her nor you are protecting her…. Arghh you are such an idiot!”

Umma then ended the call and I just slump back to my bed. It is not like I wanted to break-up with Taeyeon it is just that, I wanted her to fulfill her dream without me intervening everything. But right now I didn’t know if my own decision is right.

Not even feeling at least sleepy I went and get my jacket and decided to have a walk outside. I haven’t got anything I particularly place I want to go too, so I just walk aimlessly. Then I saw her…. Taeyeon.

I just watch her from the distance and follow her, she just happily walking and it is like she is enjoying the night stroll. Then I notice two people following her too. They aren’t dress like regular people, so I concluded they are the bodyguards TOP hyung get for her.

Though they are not trying to hinder me does it mean they know who I am?

She hasn’t change. Well it has been only a few weeks since I last saw her, but the radiant beauty and kind attitude made any people took a glance at her. I look around and even saw some guys got in trouble with their dates because they stare at Taeyeon. I continue to watch her from the distance and not once that I felt tired doing so.

“She looks well and okay” I mutter. I then decided to turn back and went home when I heard some commotion.

“Yah! Miss, would like to party with us?” I then saw some drunk men talking to her. Though Taeyeon ignored them.

“Yah You !” One of the man try to hit her and I instinctively try to save her, but it was all for naught when I saw how Taeyeon spray the man with pepper spray and when its companion try to hit Taeyeon again, her bodyguards step in and put the men in the ground.

The cops came in and settle the situation and since Taeyeon didn’t want to press charges the drunken men were just sent to the police station.

I felt relieve and useless for some reason. Relieve that she was okay, but useless that I am not the one who is protecting her right now.

I left her there knowing she is alright and just went back to my apartment. Feeling a little frustrated I just sleep and hope that tomorrow she will be alright.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reporter Park’s pov…

 

“Those damn hypocrites” I said as I slam the glass on the counter. I was at the bar drinking. “After all the hardwork I have done for them and they just fired me! Hey bartender another glass here.”

Since my involvement with Jin-Tae all of the things I have done have been investigated. Yoochun’s scandal, Kangin’s DUI, and other scandals that I published had backfired on me and that damn Dispatch fired me because of the pressure of being persecuted by the big 3.

I didn’t violate some privacy, bribe some guards and waiters, and even give those drugs to them just to get that perfect news that they wanted. Just because of that G-Dragon, and that single mother.

I was busy cursing the world and everything that I hate when I overheard someone gossiping.

“Really that G-Dragon?!” One of the man saying.

“Yeah keep quiet!” The other man said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter