The Night and the Day After…

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

 

The Night and the Day After…

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

 

I now know what Jessica and Tiffany feels why they need to disguise themselves whenever we meet. I mean I didn’t even know why this many people wanted to take a photo with me. It seems like only 10 of the audience were allowed to meet me. They ask me some question which I answer truthfully except for where I live and work. They offer some praises and ask me if I would become a singer and they will surely be a fan of me. Some even ask if I will let Jiyeon be a singer.

After the audience… the singers or idols, were the one who visit us in the dressing room. Well Jiyeon know some of them and was very much happy even giving high five to them. I was relieved to know that she was having fun in our stay here.

But I am worried how to bring all of the gifts to Jiyong’s apartment. I haven’t even gotten an approval from him. As the young idols were very much happy greeting my daughter I look at my phone and saw the thousands of phone message from Jessica and Tiffany. It seems they already know. Though I wanted to talk to them to explain things, I don’t have the strength to face them now. I try trashed all of their messages when I saw Jiyong’s message to me.

Don’t worry about the gifts. I already ask the PD to send the rest tomorrow. Just get a few of them that you can bring.

I texted ok and shut down my phone. Then Ms. Gain and Yesul came towards me.

“Oh hello.” I greeted them as the sit beside me. “Congratulation on your pregnancy Ms. Gain-shi.” I just know that she is pregnant when a staff explains why she cries when Jiyeon said her dream.

“Thank you Ms. Kim.” She then looks at Jiyeon who is happily chatting with BTS, IKON TWICE and Black Pink were the only one who was still there as the others went to their other schedule, well not before they snap a picture with me and my daughter.

“Your daughter… she really is special.” Ms. Yesul said. “I’m surprise that such a young mother like you could take care of her and raise her well.”

“She is my last hope.” I said to them. “She saves me.”

“Oh By the way… Ms. Kim will permit Jiyeon to be a trainee?” Yesul-shi asks.

“Trainee for what?” I ask.

“She has talent for singing and it is not only that, but I know she had a talent for acting, if you want I can recommend an agency for her.” Yesul-shi said to me.

“Thank you but… for now I will just want her to enjoy her youth.” I said to her. “If she wanted to pursue singing I will support her, but I won’t force her just because she has talent for that.”

“You really are a good mother.” Gain-shi said to me. “Well if Jiyeon want to be an actress I want to coach her.”

“Me too.” Yesul said as they give me both their card with their contact number.

“Keep it. Call us if you have some problem.” They said as they waved goodbye. Well not before giving their gift to Jiyeon, which by the way branded. They even take a picture with her. After all the pleasantries are over, Jiyeon was now asleep at the waiting room while I am dead tired of what happen today. I look at the clock and saw it was already 10pm. Just then Ms. Lee entered and saw my daughter sleeping.

“Sorry if it became late…” She apologized.

“Are they still outside?” I ask about the reporters waiting outside. I’m not even a celebrity but they all wanted to interview me.

“Daesung and Jiyong already handle them.” Ms. Lee said. “They are gone now so let’s go.” She said to me.

I then lifted my daughter and proceed to the van that will take me to the place where they pick me up. Ms. Lee wanted to send me back where I live but I just said that I don’t want to bother my employer by revealing where they lived. So they just agree to it.

Of course that is not the case, since Jiyong already texted me that he will be the one who will pick me us up. So as soon as they drop me off to the park, I waited for a little while until a gray car park in front of me. One of the windows went down and then I saw Jiyong waiting inside. “Get in.” he said to me as he open the door. I place Jiyeon at the backseat and put all the gifts at the trunk. I then went inside the front seat and the car drove off.

Inside, we were in complete silence. Maybe because Jiyeon is sleeping or it was because of the situation earlier. As we arrived at the apartment building, he told me to take Jiyeon while he takes the gifts.

I went up first and as I arrive at the floor, Kiko was already there waiting for me.

“Yah Taeyeon….!” She greeted me loudly but as soon as she see Jiyeon sleeping she speak softly. “Hey… why didn’t you tell me that you are that famous Mother and Daughter?”

“It’s complicated Kiko… and…”

But before I could speak Jiyong pass by me and said. “Hurry up, Jiyeon needs to sleep.”

I apologize to Kiko and we went inside. I quickly went to our room and place Jiyeon on the bed. I changed her clothes and after that I change my clothes as well and went out to see Jiyong at the living room.

I went and sit across him waiting for him to say something, but he just look at me with a blank face. It was like that for about a few minutes until he said something surprising.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

 

What should I do? This is getting awkward. I thought as we drive back to our apartment. I can’t even look at her. The street lights make her glow even more in the dark. So I just focus on the road until we reach my apartment.

But as we were going we saw Kiko who was waiting for us, of course I just ignore her and her questions. I’m just too tired to answer all of it. So I just went inside and she followed me. Good thing Kiko just went to her apartment… she might notice the awkward situation.

As Taeyeon went to their room, I went to the kitchen to pull up some wine to calm my nerves. I then went to the living room and sit on the couch. I try to process and understand everything that happens today. Truthfully, I don’t still believe everything. From Taeyeon and Jiyong showing up at the anniversary show, to their singing, to the ing men there who admire Taeyeon!.... Wait why did I think of that?

As I was trying to calm myself down, I close my eyes for a second and when I open it, the woman who confuse me this much is now sitting across me with her beautiful eyes staring at me. As I look at her, she is wearing one of her overly large t-shirt, which was too big for her, but looks innocently y, in a way that it suits her.

“Are you hungry?” I blurted out. Such a terrible ice breaker you idiot! I scold myself.

“Uhmm I’m not…” She said but her stomach growl and I just smile hearing it.

“Come on get your jacket…”  I said as I smile to her.

“What about Jiyeon?” She asks worriedly.

“Don’t worry… she’s too tired to notice you are away.” I said to her. “Beside that… the dogs will protect her.” She stares at me worriedly and I just say. “We will be out for an hour so don’t worry.”

We went down and leave my apartment. I was wearing a hoodie that hides my face and beside that I didn’t even have my make-up on so no one will recognize me. Taeyeon on the other hand doesn’t have a hoodie so I gave him one (it was the one on instagram when she was sick).

I survey if there were some reporters but luckily there aren’t and we just walk out and went to a noodle shop that I frequently eat at. The grandma there doesn’t know me, and there aren’t many customers this time of day.

We sit near the exit with me facing away from the other customer. I order a bowl jjampong, jajangmyun and also japche. As we waited for our order Taeyeon was looking down and fidgeted her hand.

“Hey if you are wondering about what happen today, I am too still confused of what happens.” I said to her. “I am a bit surprised that the one I am giving advice over the phone was none other than Jiyeon.”

“So you aren’t mad about it?” She asks me.

“Me? Mad? Seriously… Am I that kind of person?” I said to her. “Sure I was quite angry at some point but … well nothing that will damage my career has happen so it’s fine. But still don’t go and say to everyone that you know me okay.”

“Arraseo… it was even a good thing that Jiyeon doesn’t recognize you.” She said. “She enjoys her conversation with you on the phone. She even brags that her Dragon ajushi is handsome.”

“Well I am handsome.” I said proudly and she just laughs at me. “Wait you don’t think I am handsome?”

But before I could hear her answer our orders arrive and my thoughts just trail away because I am actually quite hungry too. While eating we talk about the things that Jiyeon have called on the show. I laugh as I saw how Taeyeon react at everything I tell her.

“She even asks you for that?” She said as she eat the jajangmyun and slurp it in one go.

For a little girl she eats a lot too. I just nodded at her, and then saw a smudge of sauce on her lips. So I just lean towards her and then wipe it with my thumb. She then looks at me with her lovely eyes and I feel conscious and I lean backwards to my seat and said. “There a sauce on your lips.” I reasoned out.

“Jiyong about the gifts… I don’t think it is right for us to take it.” She said to me.

“Well the gifts are the least of your problem.” I said to her.

“What do you mean?”

“Jiyeon has been the darling of our radio shows for months now and they all imagine what she looks like. Then she finally reveals herself live on TV with her mother, that’s you, and their imagined was off by a mile.” I explain. “I know you don’t want to be called pretty or beautiful but, you are. Jiyeon is also a pretty kid. Aside from you and your daughter’s beautiful face, you have talents and charm that make everyone like you. I mean I heard the two of you sing for the first time and I know talent when I see one.”

“So…? I mean where not even celebrity.” She said to me.

“Well today you are not but tomorrow you will be.” I said. “Taeng you will be treated as one from now on, especially Jiyeon. People will recognized you and even greet you. Some will be kind but there are some who are not. I don’t want to scare you or anything but it is the truth.”

“What do you think I should do?” She asks me sincerely.

“Well I don’t think you would quit your job at the coffee shop, but when it became a bother for you just quit okay.” I said to her. “Regarding Jiyeon… it would be best if you tell her teacher not to let her out of the school if you are not there.” She then froze and I know she understand what I mean. “There might be people who will pretend to be her family member and take her away so strictly tell her teachers not let her out. Also tell Jiyeon not to talk to strangers, especially those who are going to pretend to be her father.”

“Don’t worry about that… Jiyeon knows about that…” She said. “About her teachers I will talk with them. I just hope that they won’t make fuzz over this.”

She then continued eating and I didn’t say anymore. After we finish out our food I pay for it and we went back to our apartment. Wait OUR? I just shrug it off and just walk with her.

Because we are both full, our walk was much slower, well form the look of it we are just taking our time together like a date. Wait we aren’t in a date right? Well of course we aren’t on a date. But treating her with nice food, eating together, talking to each other while eating… isn’t that a date? I just scratch my head out of frustration and Taeyeon notice that.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing.” I said. “By the way the dress that you used… it’s the one that my sister give to you right?”

“Yeah…” She answers. “I ask Kiko what to wear and she recommended the dress. She said that it was the least beautiful out of all my wardrobes.”

Seriously Kiko! The least beautiful? She was extremely beautiful with that dress!”

“Taeng can you do me a favor?” I said to her. “Can you not reveal that I am the Dragon Ajushi to Jiyeon.”

“Why?” She asks me.

“Well your daughter and I are not that in good terms with each other… though we are not killing each other now. If she knows that I am Dragon Ajushi then all of my hardwork to be close to her will be for nothing. She might even be embarrassed to see me since she told me all of her problems.” I said to her.

“Arraseo I understand.” She said to me smiling.

It was about 5 minute walks from the building to the restaurant but, walking and talking with her make it longer and it somewhat made me like a normal person again. I enjoy conversing with her. We talk about anything, from my work, to even her daily things she do. She even told me about her workplace and how her co-workers treat her. I was smiling as they treat her as their older sister.

We got to my apartment talking like that, and we were relieved that Jiyeon was still sleeping. I was surprised to see my dogs at the foot of the bed, guarding Jiyeon.

Taeyeon let me in to say goodnight to Jiyeon and I did. She was sleeping soundly, and was even sleep talking and say “Dragon ajushi thank you…”

“You talk a lot brat… Good night.” I said as I touch her cheeks. Taeyeon just smile at me as I went out of their room.

Though many things happen today, I am somewhat happy that they are the one that I was waiting for on the radio show, because I know they are good people and I like them so much that I will do everything to protect them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter