Chapter 5

In Plain Sight

Amber was seated in their dressing room tapping her fingers. Luna was mad-she knew it. She had left her apartment wordlessly the night before and hadn't responded to any of her texts and calls since. Amber knew she was in hot water. .

 

Krystal was on the leather sofa behind her, randomly interrupting her anxious train of thought when she asked, “Hey Amber, what's five times six?”

 

“Thirty,” Amber distractedly replied, rolling her eyes when Krystal muttered a quick “thanks” before rapidly typing away at her phone. She didn’t bother to ask.

 

When Victoria came in a few minutes later all dressed for her performance and Amber continued to nervously wait. Where is she where is she where is she, her mind continued to repeat. They were due on stage in just a twenty minutes and there was still no sign of her. Finally, after what felt like ages, the door opened, and Luna trailed in with her hairstylist close behind her.

 

“Luna-”

 

“Hey Krys, Victoria,” Luna interrupted in a stiff tone, taking a seat in front of the mirror for her stylist to tweak her hair.

 

Amber nearly winced. She was angry, and it was so obvious. Krystal had torn her gaze away from her phone and Victoria was giving them a little side eye, too. This wasn’t good.

 

She couldn’t even get Luna to glance in her direction because she only ever looked at her stylist or her phone. Amber was desperate to talk to her, to apologize, to do something, but when she looked to the side she knew everyone’s eyes were on them. Luna was like an open book despite all the times she’d tried to say otherwise and it was clear that something was up. Amber knew she couldn’t talk to her right now, so she thought she’d try the next best thing. Digging her phone out of her pocket, she whipped up a quick text.

 

Amber: Luna

 

Luna reached for her phone as it lit up and rolled her eyes as she read the message, quickly setting the phone back down. Amber sighed and grabbed her phone again.

 

Amber: Luna

 

No response.

 

Amber: Park Sunyoung

Sunyoung

Sunyoung-ahhhhhhh

luna

hey

hey

hey luna

hey

Luna: Can you not?

 

Amber grinned at the screen, glancing up to see Luna with a small scowl on her face, still not looking at her. At least she replied.

 

Amber: I’m sorry

A few seconds passed.

Luna: I don’t care

Amber: But I’m sorry

Another second.

Luna: I don’t care

Amber: But I was wrong

 

Amber knew that would get her somewhere. She was right, because Luna then looked at her phone and bit her lip, turning the other way. Her stylist had finished her work and had left the room, the four of them remaining, her and Luna’s texting appearingly unbeknownst to the others. Before she could send anything else, however, their manager came through the door and told them it was time to head to the stage. Shoving her phone in her back pocket, she stood up, dusting off her pants. She stole another glance at Luna and mentally sighed, at least being comforted by the thought that Luna would be performing a little less angrily than before.

 

After their performance, Amber didn’t even bother to be discreet when she followed Luna from the stage. Luna was walking a bit faster than her as she went to grab her bag, but Amber was still able to corner into one of their designated changing rooms.

 

“Luna,” Amber said softly as Luna tore open her bag.

 

“What do you want, Amber?” Luna asked tiredly as she tried to her dress, her short arms straining to reach. Amber silently went behind her and pulled it down, slipping the dress off her shoulders so that it pooled at her feet. Luna wordlessly stepped out of it, hastily picking it up to shove it in her bag.

 

“I shouldn’t have left last night,” Amber sighed, watching as Luna busily pulled on a t-shirt.

 

“Well then why did you?” she questioned, straightening out her folded joggers before pulling them on, still not looking at her.

 

“Because I’m an idiot.”

 

Luna let out a loud sigh as she tugged her hair out of the back of her shirt, finally stopping to look up at her. Her annoyed gaze lessened when she saw the remorse in Amber’s eyes, her tone a tad softer when she spoke again.

 

“You know you really hurt my feelings when you did that, Am.”

 

“I know I did,” Amber frowned, reaching out to touch her hair, happy when Luna didn’t pull away.

 

“You just, you always, you have so many friends and sometimes it’s hard to…”

 

“I know. You’re right,” Amber solemnly nodded, stepping closer, her hand cradling the back of Luna’s head.

 

“Because it’s like you’re so close and involved in all of their lives that it’s sometimes like I’m..” Luna quietly trailed off, her lips forming a small pout as her hands rose to tug on the bottom of Amber’s shirt, “Like I’m just another one of those people, you know? Like I don’t really matter.”

 

“Luna, you know that’s not true,” Amber pleaded, guilt rising within her at the thought that she made her feel this way, “You’re the most important person in my life.”

 

“I mean you say that but then it’s like-”

 

“It’s my fault for making you feel that way and I’m sorry,” Amber cupped the side of her face, bending down slightly so that they were on the same level. Luna’s frown still remained and she knew it wouldn’t be easy to convince her. She felt like such an idiot for being the cause of all this. It was the last thing she wanted to make Luna feel unimportant because that was the last thing she was.

 

“I didn’t realize I was acting that way and I shouldn’t have in the first place. You’re my girlfriend and I shouldn’t ever make you feel like that. I should’ve never chosen my friends over you and I’m an idiot for doing so.”

 

Luna smiled softly, putting Amber’s worried mind more at ease that she had made her feel better.

 

“I’m not trying to make you choose, necessarily, but like, just keep me in mind next time, okay?”

 

“Of course.” Amber rubbed her thumb against her cheek.

 

“But I’ll try and be less sensitive from now on, too.”

 

Amber chuckled this time, moving closer so that she could finally peck her on the lips, elated that their little episode had been resolved. They hadn’t really fought much before, and she didn’t want for them to do it again.

 

Luna frowned when Amber pulled away and stepped forward so that their lips met again. Languidly, she kissed her and their noses began to bump together, causing them both to smile. When they came apart, their faces were still close together. Amber’s arms were around her middle while Luna’s rested more around her hips. They grinned at each other and were about to kiss again when their heads turned in unison, the door they’d forgotten to lock suddenly swinging open.

 

“Oh my god!”


Communication is key! Amber and Luna know wassup.

 

Thanks to all of your lovely comments I felt motivated enough to stay up later than I should've to write this next chap xx