Chapter 13

In Plain Sight

Luna slid her hand along Amber's thigh, resting it on her knee.

 

"Are you nervous?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“You?”

 

"Course not,” Luna said shortly, her leg shaking anxiously as she gave her knee another squeeze. Her hand picked at the bottom of her black dress, smoothing it out until Amber grabbed it, stopping her movements.

 

"You look beautiful.”

 

Their fingers laced together and Luna smiled, a soft grin that reached her eyes.

 

"You think so?”

 

They'd just arrived at a red light, their manager turning up the radio a hair.

 

“Definitely,” Amber said quietly, casting a quick glance towards him. She leaned in, eyes meeting, lips about to do the same before Luna suddenly turned her head, Amber coming into contact with the side of her cheek.

 

"Can't mess up my lipstick!” Luna hummed with a sly grin.

 

"You're such a tease,” Amber protested, pressing a quick kiss to her jaw, this time Luna glancing at their driver when she felt another kiss on her neck.

 

"That I am,” she laughed. Her grip on Amber's hand tightened when they came to a complete stop.

 

“Guess we're here,” Amber said. Through the window they could see crowds of people around the hotel, some wedding goers while the others were simply guests. Their manager turned around just before they were about to step out.

 

“Just go in and sing, okay? They want you to try not to draw too much attention to yourselves,” he said with a tired sigh, “And try and hold off with the PDA, too. It's the last thing your image needs.”

 

"We understand,” they nodded before Amber opened the door and got out, turning around to help Luna down from the high SUV with her black heels.

 

"So chivalrous,” Luna said as she held it while stepping out of the van.

 

"Only the best for you, my dear.” She let go of her hand when once she was steadily on the ground before extending out her arm. “Shall we?”

 

“So much for no PDA, huh?” she laughed, fingers wrapping around the sleeve of her dress shirt just above her elbow, “Let's go.”

 

They heard their names whispered from the various people they passed. There were mainly sounds of surprise both at their arrival as well as their position as they entered the ceremony hall. Luna was still clinging onto Amber's arm as they searched for their seats, scooting down their row until the finally sat down.

 

“It's beautiful in here,” Luna said, in complete awe at the large venue.

 

"It is,” Amber said, looking up at the flowers and lights that covered the room, feeling Luna shift towards her slightly as an elderly couple took their seats beside them. The woman smiling at the two of them, looking their hands laced together.

 

"Hello,” she said, bowing her head as she looked at them warmly and they did the same.

 

"I don't think she knows who we are,” Luna whispered to her.

 

"She probably thinks I'm a guy,” Amber replied and Luna bit back a laugh, her head leaning against Amber's shoulder.

 

An announcement made and moments later the procession music began, the flower girls making the first entrance.

 

Luna, being the sap she was, was almost in tears by the end of the ceremony. Her hands were clasped beneath her chin as she watched with adoring eyes, making a little sound when the rings were exchanged. Her bottom lip trembled when the pastor announced them as husband and wife and when they rose to stand as the newly wedded couple walked down the aisle, Amber had to rub her back as the tears began to fall.

 

"Luna,” she chuckled, kissing the side of her head as she continued to cry.

 

"It's just so…” she mumbled emotionally.

 

The couple had eventually exited the hall and Luna had to tilt her head back, blinking rapidly as she tried to stop the tears. “Do I look like a raccoon now?” she asked.

 

Amber bent down, running her thumb below her eye to catch a smudge of mascara. “You're good. But no crying during our song, okay?”

 

"I'll try.”


It was a song they'd performed many times, even before they were together, and as they stood on the small stage, mics a few feet apart, it felt a little surreal to sing it again. A few lights flashed, cameras capturing the moments of the couple’s first dance. Watching the bride and groom, sweetly move together as if no one could see them-it brought a smile to both their faces. As the song went on, Luna eventually closed her eyes and when she opened them, she found Amber's gaze on her. If she wasn't so far away, she would've reached out, wanting to hold onto her.

 

Instead, they sang the rest of the ballad, voices in perfect harmony, each romantic lyric directed at each other. When the song came to its eventual end and they bowed their heads, they quickly exited the stage as the band played another song.
Luna found Amber’s hand as they walked off, squeezing it tightly.

 

"You two were wonderful,” a woman gushed as they passed and they both smiled at the kind remark.

 

"Thank you so much,” Luna smiled, looking at Amber happily when she and a few others asked for a picture.

 

"No one's even bothered by us! Management was worried for nothing,” she said a little while later as leaned against one of the side tables, accepting the glass of champagne from Amber’s hand before clinking it with hers.

 

"It’s a wedding. People are too happy to care,” Amber said, gesturing to the groomsmen in the corner, “Except for those guys. They've been staring at you for the past five minutes.”

 

"Oh?” Luna said, turning in their direction while taking a sip from her glass, “I wonder why.”

 

"Probably because you’re so beautiful,” Amber muttered, boldly placing one hand on her waist.

 

"You’ve said that so many times today," Luna whispered, cupping her cheek, barely aware of the disappointed stares of the men behind her.

 

"Well it's true.”

 

"Well then thank you, baby,” Luna grinned, fixing Amber's hair with her fingers, “You're looking quite beautiful yourself.”

 

She rested her hand on Amber’s shoulder and gazes interlocked, they didn't notice the bride and groom heading their way until she shouted their names.

 

"Hyojeon!” Luna exclaimed first, separating from Amber to allow her to hug them both.

 

"You two were so wonderful up there!” she squealed, “Thank you so much for coming!”

 

“Of course, Hyojeon. We're very happy for you both,” Amber smiled rubbing, Luna's back as Hyejeon stepped back to grab her husband’s hand.

 

“And we’re happy for you,” she said earnestly grinning at the two. She’d had one of the most reactions to their relationship when it was revealed, much to the girls’ surprise.

 

“I hope you enjoy the rest of the wedding,” her husband nodded before they made their way to greet other guests.

 

"They look so wonderful together,” Luna sighed as she watchedthe sweet couple move around the room. Almost in a daze, she added, “Maybe one day we’ll...” She caught herself, embarrassedly shaking her head before she downed the rest of her champagne.

 

“One day we’ll what?” Amber teased, her hand moving up and down Luna’s back as she watched her with amusement. She shook her head again, setting down her glass before looking down at the floor, her gaze perking up when she felt Amber's lips press against her ear, “One day…I hope.”

 

If Korea ever decided to legalize gay marriage or if they ended up moving to the States, perhaps. The mere thought brought heat to Luna's cheeks and made her heart flutter in her chest, the champagne coursing through her veins adding to that effect. She looked up, staring into Amber's eyes that were filled with a level of intensity, the deep gaze bringing a familiar spark within her. Their bodies were standing very close, and Luna's hand found hers when a slower song began to play. “Come dance with me.”

 

They reached the dance floor a few moments later, one of Amber's hands coming to rest on the small of Luna’s back, pushing their bodies together. Luna had to move her head for a moment, letting her pin-straight hair fall behind her before she placed one hand on her shoulder. She grabbed hold of Amber’s free hand with the other and slowly, they started moving, swaying from side to side, the steady beat of the music matching every step.

 

A few heads turned their way as they danced and they tried not to notice. The lights were dimmed, a few scattered the room sometimes landing on them as they moved.

 

“Sunyoung-ah?” Amber murmured after a few moments, closing her eyes as she brought their faces closer together. Luna gave her hand a squeeze, sealing the gap between them so their foreheads were pressed together.

 

“Yes?” Her eyes closed as she awaited an answer, still moving to the beat.

 

“Move in with me.”

 

Luna's eyelids fluttered open in surprise, feeling Amber release her, twirling her around, before slinking an arm around her waist again. “What?”

 

“I’ve been thinking about it for a while. There's nothing stopping us now,” Amber smiled, eyes still closed as she rubbed their noses together. “No more spending the night at your house or mine. Just ours.”

 

“You want to?” she added when Luna didn't say anything.

 

“Of course!” Luna whispered, giggling when Amber spun her around again, her hair flying forward into her face when she brought her back.

 

“Good,” she replied, eyes opening as she briefly moved her hand from Luna’s waist to move her hair away. She leaned into her touch as she felt Amber’s fingers brush her cheek, sighing loudly. She felt Amber's arm resume its place around her, pressing her body closer to her as she felt her tighten her grip.

 

“How much trouble would we be in if I kissed you right now?” Luna said in a quiet murmur, her breath fanning out against Amber's lips.

 

More eyes were on them, but she could take no notice. They could barely hear music anymore, either, slowly moving to their own beat.

 

“Lots.” The word rolled off Amber’s tongue, nearly sealing the gap between them. It was Luna who couldn't take it any longer, her hand cupping the back of Amber's neck, finally bringing their lips together. An immediate surge coursed through them both, the anticipation and tension finally being released. Luna felt her mind go entirely blank, the kiss stealing her breath with no oxygen left for her brain. All she knew was that it was Amber in front of her, in her arms, the reason her heart pounded so rapidly in her chest. Amber circled both arms even tighter around her waist as time moved on, her head tilting down to meet her soft lips, the kiss so captivating that she couldn't even place where they were at the moment. When she felt Luna's arms tighten around her neck, it was an unmistakable flash that snapped her out of her reverie.

 

“Luna…” she breathed when they pulled apart, faces still close.

 

“Someone got a picture of that?” Luna panted, moving her hand to hold onto Amber's bicep.

 

“Think so.”

 

“Good,” she shut her eyes, resting her head against Amber's chest, “Must get it framed.”


”Keys...keys…keys…” Luna fumbled through her purse, eventually getting the door open before Amber kicked it shut behind them. The bag flew somewhere across the room, its contents spilling across the floor as they desperately clung to each other again. Lips meeting, they kissed frantically, Luna stumbling back in her heels. She squealed when she almost tripped against the rug, Amber's grip around her hips holding her in place. Heading closer to the bedroom, Luna eventually jumped up, her legs wrapping around Amber's waist while she kicked off her pumps, quickly undoing the buttons of Amber's shirt.

“Baby..baby..baby..wait!” Luna pulled away, panting as she clung to her body.

 

“What?”

 

“Are we gonna move into your apartment or mine?”

 

Amber threw back her head in laughter before she captured Luna's mouth again, carrying her through her open bedroom door, her foot slamming it shut behind her.


A little romance for your day xx