Chapter 1

In Plain Sight

”My head is killing me,” Luna sighed, rubbing her temples, “You guys go out without me. I'll just go back to my room.”

 

“Are you sure you'll be okay?” Victoria asked with concern. They had just finished their concert in Japan and were planning on celebrating with a night out.

 

“Yeah don't worry about me. I'll be fine. It's just a migraine,” she waved her hand dismissively while then wincing at the slight movement.

 

“You know what? I think I'm gonna turn in for the night, too,” Amber said as she glanced at Luna.

 

“Aw really Am? It'll be fun,” Krystal said, crossing her arms.

 

“Yeah Amber you should go,” Luna added, knowing what she was getting at.

 

“No, I think I'm too tired to go out. You guys have fun,” she told the others before putting her hand on the middle of Luna's back, “I'll walk you back to your room.”

 

“Am,” she glanced at the other two before looking up at her, “Why don't you just go?”

 

“No no,” Amber said, gently pushing her towards the elevator, “I'm taking you up. Bye guys.” She said, quickly waving behind her as they continued to walk.

 

Krystal and Victoria stared off at the two, the older girl shrugging her shoulders at the other.

 

“You should’ve just gone, Am. I wasn't making an excuse. My head really hurts,” Luna sighed tiredly once they were in the elevator, her eyes closed.  Since they were alone, Amber scooted closer so that Luna could lean against her while she rubbed her back.

 

“Who said anything about an excuse?” she joked softly, not wanted to make her head any worse, “I'm just here to make sure you don't fall on your way up. It'd be bad publicity.”

 

Luna opened one eye to look up at her when the elevator opened. Luckily her room was only a few steps away, and Amber watched as Luna groggily fumbled for her key and took it from her when she found it to open the door. She pushed Luna through and followed her in, closing the door behind her.

 

“Am, I'm just gonna go to sleep,” Luna groaned as she slipped off her shoes, “Go have fun.”

 

She pulled off her tight and uncomfortable jeans before plopping down onto her bed face-first, groaning again.

 

“Luna, did you take an aspirin or anything?” Amber asked, not liking seeing her in pain. Luna made a strange noise into her pillow that Amber just assumed was a yes.

 

Luna almost thought that she actually left when she didn't get a response until she heard the sound of the faucet running from the bathroom. A minute later, she felt a dip in the bed when Amber sat beside her.

 

“Luna, turn around,” Amber said quietly.

 

“Don't want to,” she grumbled against her pillow. Amber put her hand on the back of Luna's head and she eventually turned around.

 

“Whyyy,” she asked with her eyes closed. She stopped talking when she felt Amber brush her hair away from her forehead before placing a hot towel against her skin. She kept her hand there to apply slight pressure and Luna sighed at the relief the heat brought.

 

“Does this help?” Amber whispered, shifting so that she was able to lie on side with her hand still against Luna's forehead.

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Amber smiled and kept her hand in place. After a few moments, she flipped the towel to the other side that hadn't yet lost its heat.

 

“You don't have to do this, babe,” Luna smiled, opening her eyes slightly to look at her.

 

“I know, but I want to.”

 

Once the towel felt cool, Amber peeled it off and smoothed her fingers against Luna's moist skin. She rubbed her forehead lightly before sliding to her temples, drawing small circles with light pressure.

 

“Is this good or does it hurt?”

 

“It's good,” Luna muttered, “So good. Have you considered quitting your day job?”

 

Amber smiled and continued to massage. Her index and middle fingers circled her temples while she used her thumbs to swipe across her forehead.

 

She did this for as long as she could until her fingers got tired, stopping and pressing a kiss where her fingers had been.  

 

“Any better?” she whispered quietly, unsure of whether Luna had fallen asleep or not.

 

“A lot,” she sighed, turning to wrap her arms around her, “Thank you for staying with me.”

 

“You think I could’ve gone out and leave you like this?” Amber curled her fingers into the back of Luna's hair.

 

“But it's Japan. It would've been fun.” Luna mumbled into her shoulder.

 

Amber kissed her forehead again and tightened her arms around her.

 

“Don’t worry about me, okay? Just go to sleep.”

 

When there was no response, Amber pulled back and looked down at the younger girl in her arms who was already fast asleep. Amber smiled at her peaceful looking face, rubbing her thumb against her cheek, before eventually falling asleep herself.


The next morning, Luna woke up with to a loud knocking at the door. She raised her head from Amber’s chest and looked down, rolling her eyes when she noticed the older girl was still fast asleep, the loud noise having no effect on her.

 

She quickly padded over to the door and opened it a crack, before seeing who it was.


“Were you still sleeping? It’s 11:30!” Krystal said as she took in Luna’s messy hair, her eyes moving down to her wrinkled button up that barely went down her thighs.

 

“Yeah, I was,” Luna nodded, stepping to the side so that she could hide her legs behind the door.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” Victoria asked in that motherly tone she always had with them. “We were going to go get lunch.”

 

“Yeah, I am, and uhhh, I could be ready in a half hour?”

 

“Okay then, we’ll meet you downstairs-” Krystal stopped talking when she heard a sound coming from inside the room. “Who's that?”

 

“Oh,” Luna laughed awkwardly, “Amber fell asleep here.”

 

“She spent the night here?” Krystal asked incredulously.

 

“Yeah, she just got too lazy to head back to her own room…” Luna trailed off, “Anyway, I guess we’ll both see you guys in a bit, then?”

 

They nodded, looking at her weirdly.

 

“We’ll meet you downstairs,” Victoria said before walking off.

 

“That was weird,” Luna laughed once she shut the door, leaning her head against it.

 

“Why?” Amber asked, still lying in bed.

 

“I don’t know,” Luna said as she made her way back to the bed, “They just looked at me funny. I mean, it’s not a big deal that you slept here, right? Why would they think anything of it?”

 

Amber sleepily rubbed at her eyes before moving towards Luna who was lying on her stomach facing her. She sat up and ran a hand through Luna’s messy hair.

 

“Well you’re not wearing any pants,” she grinned.

 

“Oh crap! Well, that’s not that weird, is it?” she rambled,“Oh but what if it is! They probably know now, don’t they? God, we were so obvious. Especially after last night..They’re probably talking about us right now!”

 

Amber leaned forward and kissed her, holding the side of her face in her palm. Luna sighed into the kiss, shifting to get into a more comfortable position before ending up on her back with Amber on top of her.

 

“Am, this isn’t helping,” she sighed after pulling away.

 

“I know,” Amber said, “But let’s just not worry, okay? I’m sure they don’t suspect a thing. And if they did, what’s the worse that could happen? I’m sure they’ll be fine with it. Probably.”

 

“You don’t know that,” Luna frowned, her bottom lip jutting out cutely.

 

“Well, who knows. We’ll have to find out eventually,” Amber replied, “But until then, why don’t you get your little into the shower and get ready for lunch. I’m hungry.”

 

Luna laughed and slid off the bed, holding her hand out to Amber.

 

“Join me?”

 

And approximately thirty-nine minutes later, they were finally ready to head downstairs.


This was originally part of a one-shot, but now I've got something else in mind. Lunber has been on fire rn, so I can't help but write another fic about them. But also, I saw Amber at KCON which was super awesome but for whatever reason it also feels more awkward to write about her after physically seeing her and stuff lol ain't goin stop me tho