Chapter 19

In Plain Sight

“Noooo,” Luna groaned, pressing her face deeper into Amber's shoulder in attempt to shield her eyes from the glaring sun. “Make it go away.”

 

Amber grumbled in response, turning her body away from the window while burying her face into the side of Luna's neck. With every second that passed, the pounding in her head worsened, causing her to cling onto Luna even tighter.

 

“What did we even do last night?” Luna's voice was muffled against her. “I barely remember anything.”

 

“I don't know,” Amber moaned, “I just remember coming here and…I don't know.”

 

After staying like that in silence for a few several minutes, Luna finally gained the strength to roll away. “I need water.”

 

Amber could barely watch as Luna rose from the bed, the sight of her stumbling away being too much movement for her eyes to handle. Luna had successfully managed to make it to the living room when a sudden movement caught her eye. There on the couch were Krystal and Sulli, squished together with their heads on opposite ends. Beside them in the loveseat was Victoria contorted in a pretzel-like position that she somehow made look comfortable.

 

“Morning,” Luna mumbled, too tired to question how they got there. Victoria, the only one awake, blinked back at her in response, in her eyes a look of sleep deprivation and regret. Luna arrived in the kitchen, downing two glasses of water like she hadn't seen it in days. It did little to make her feel any less horrible. Reaching into the cabinet for another, she filled the glass before making her way over to the living room.

 

“Drink this,” she said as she placed the glass in Victoria's hand. She drank it in one go, setting in down on the table just as Luna plopped down onto the carpet. The movement began to worsen her headache and she tiredly rested her head against the coffee table for relief.

 

“I’m never drinking again,” Victoria grumbled, repositioning herself in her chair, “I’m too old for this.”

 

Luna scoffed, rolling her forehead back and forth against the cool wooden surface. Just then, Amber emerged lazily from the bedroom, pulling her boxer shorts down as they rode up. She went straight to the fridge, peering into it for the easiest thing to eat. Day-old pizza seemed to be the only good option.

 

“Anyone want pizza?” she asked while leaning on the refrigerator door.

 

“I want pizza,” Krystal grumbled from the couch, suddenly awake, though her eyes were still closed. Amber came over with two slices in her hand, handing one over before she took a seat on the floor beside her girlfriend.

 

“I do not know how the two of you can eat right now,” Victoria said, the smell of the food making her more nauseous.

 

“Cold pizza is good,” Amber said as she took another bite, “Want some?” She held the piece up to Luna.

 

“I'm gonna have to agree with Vic on this one,” she grimaced with a shake of her head.

 

“Your loss,” the tomboy shrugged. Luna sat up and pulled her knees into her chest, eyeing the room wearily.

 

“We all look like crap,” she noted, taking in the fact that everyone was still in their clothes from the night before apart from herself and Amber, though she didn’t have any memory of changing. She reached up to touch her face, expecting to find a cakey mess. She was shocked to find that her skin was actually clean. “How did I remember to take off my makeup?”

 

“I took it off for you, actually,” Amber said, having just finished eating, “After you fell asleep.”

 

“You did?” Luna asked, reaching over for her hand, “Am, that’s so sweet. Thank you.”

 

“Yeah,” Victoria muttered sarcastically as she picked at the dried mascara that was still on her lashes, “So sweet.You couldn’t have thrown a makeup wipe at me?”

 

“Sorry, didn’t think of that,” Amber apologized as she scooted over on the carpet. She reached over and wrapped one arm around Luna’s thigh, resting her face beside her knee. Luna smiled and began running her fingers through her hair.


“Do any of you actually remember what happened last night?” she asked.

 

“I remember the first half of it,” Krystal said through a mouthful of food as she wiggled her toes at the still sleeping Sulli, “Like when we went to that first bar…”

 

The beginning of the night

 

They all left the apartment barely buzzed in route to their first spot. With the five of them, the cab ride was a squeeze. Victoria called shotgun on grounds of being the oldest, leaving the other four of them to cram in the backseat. Luckily, the drive was fairly short and they soon arrived at the hotel the bar was at. From the walk through the lobby and the elevator ride up to the top floor, Luna tried to maintain a distance between herself and Amber, choosing to walk between the two maknaes. Despite their insistence that they were all fine with their relationship, the thought of being coupley around them still felt very odd. For now, she’d prefer they all act as bandmates like they used to.

 

“Wow, this place is so pretty,” Victoria gushed when they arrived at the bar. The center, where the actual bar counter resided, was embedded with LED lights, giving the entire area a bluish glow. Around the middle were many tables and booths, many of them lining the long glass windows that faced the Seoul skyline.

 

“Table for five?” A waiter asked, soon directing them to a far corner of the bar. The second they took their seats, Sulli turned to the man and told him,

 

“We’ll take ten shots of your silver tequila, please.”

 

“Of course,” he nodded, disappearing before any of them could protest.

 

“Shots?” Amber said, “Already?”

 

“Oh, come on, Hyung, it’s just two each,” Sulli teased from the seat across from her, “I think you can handle that much.”

 

“I can handle a lot more than that, I’ll have you know!” the tomboy countered, leaning back in her chair, “I was just saying…”

 

“You seem nervous,” Krystal smirked, poking her shoulder.

 

“I’m not nervous!” Amber pouted, turning to Luna on her right for help, “You know I just don’t like shots…”

 

“You said you didn’t like shots but I’m pretty sure you’re the reason we had like five more, Amber,” Krystal said.

 

“Yeah, well, I guess after I’ve had a couple it all just…” Amber sat up from her position in Luna’s lap, though still holding onto her thigh. “Well, anyways, we had a few drinks at that bar and caught up and stuff, but then where did we go? The club, right?”

 

“Yeah, we went to the club,” Victoria told her, eyes narrowing as she tried to think of what happened, “We got bottle service there.”

 

“Oh that’s right,” Amber recalled, “Sulli talked with that guy and snagged us a table.”

 

“Huh?” At the mentioning of her name, Sulli suddenly sat up from her sleeping position, half-opened eyes darting around the room. “Did someone call me?”

 

“Morning,” Amber said, watching as she and Krystal playfully nudged each other before settling back into the couch, “We were just talking about last night. At the club.”

 

“Wait...” Krystal said, pointing to Luna and Amber, “Didn’t we lose you guys there?”

 

“We got lost?” Luna frowned, looking to Amber for answers, “I don’t remember getting lost. I just remember us dancing and…”

 

At the club

 

“Sulli, how on earth did you score us this table?” Victoria asked at they settled into their booth, “This place is crazy busy.”

 

“I have my ways,” the young girl smiled, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

 

“I think that means we don’t want to know,” Krystal spoke, earning her a jab in the side.

 

“Yah, who do you take me for?”

 

“Well, am I wrong?”

 

Their faces were close together in their little staredown, neither of them willing to waiver. After a few seconds, like a blast from the past, Victoria had to intervene and split them up.

 

“Aishh,” the older woman mumbled, “You guys are just as annoying as you used to be.”

 

“You missed it,” Sulli said, wrapping her arms around her with a little pout, “You know you did.”

 

“Ahh, fine, maybe just a little,” she smiled, bringing one hand to pet Sulli’s hair. The younger girl smirked and made a face at Krystal as she watched them both. She returned the action, leading the two of them to stick their tongues out at each other just as their bottle arrived.

 

Rather quickly, it was cracked open and they all began making another round of toasts.

The alcohol in their systems had definitely hit them all, evident from their cheering and laughter that was luckily drowned out by the loud music in the club.

 

Being the lightweight she was, it didn’t take long for Luna to reach her happy and carefree level of drunkness. She leaned over to Amber who was seated beside her and slowly dragged her hand from her girlfriend’s hip all the way down her thigh. Though she always thought Amber looked good, right now, in the dim glow of the club’s lighting with the music blaring in the background, she looked too good not to touch. Her decision to keep her distance was long gone after her third drink.

 

“Hey, hey, hey ” Amber said as Luna's nimble fingers approached dangerous ground, “What's gotten into you?”

 

“Oh, nothing,” Luna responded as she brought their faces close together, “Yet, that is.”

 

Amber gasped, “You-”

 

Luna brought her lips to her ear, her tongue gently grazing her earlobe. “Let's go dance, baby.”

 

“We’re gonna go dance,” Amber said immediately, her eyes widening in response. They walked to the dance floor hand in hand, soon getting lost in the crowd. Luna seemed to have enough sense to move where their bandmates couldn’t see them. A Jay Park song started to blare, and though it wasn’t the iest thing in the world, Luna somehow managed to make it work.

 

They started out simply swaying to the music, their movements smooth and in time with the beat. But as time went on and the heat between them progressed, they were soon all but grinding in the middle of the dance floor, both of them being too engrossed in the other to care. Amber first kept her hands only on her hips, though Luna kept insisting that she keep them lower, pushing their bodies together until she reached her goal. It was too loud for them to talk, so they let their eyes do the talking for them as Luna had her arms wrapped around Amber’s neck as they swayed together. They had their foreheads pressed together and as their noses touched, Amber was just about to go in for a kiss when Luna slyly turned around, pressing her body into Amber’s behind her. She couldn’t have been mad, though, as Luna moved against her. Amber admittedly wasn’t the best at dirty dancing per say, but Luna? Despite her apparent innocence, she knew how to move. She was relentless on that dance floor, slowly bringing her body down against Amber’s front before coming up again. She started to guide her, hooking the older girl’s arms around her waist before reaching back to caress the side of her face. The heat inside the club had caused them both to get a bit sweaty, Luna’s hair sticking to her neck as Amber tried to press her lips against it. Amber’s lips eventually found purchase on the back of her smooth shoulder and they stayed like that for a while before Luna eventually turned around. She s her arms around Amber’s neck and finally pulled her into a kiss, just a peck at first before it progressed into a full blown makeout. Luna needily on Amber’s bottom lip and the older girl happily obliged. Making out in the middle of the club wasn’t even that weird, as they weren’t the only ones doing it, but Amber soon began to realize the need for them to move. With little warning, she pulled away and tugged Luna by the hand all the way to the restroom. They nearly ran right into some girls on their way out as Amber speedily brought them in, pulling her girlfriend until she had her cornered in a stall...

 

“That club was wild,” Sulli said, “Krys, remember when we walked into the bathroom when that couple was doing it in one of the stalls? Crazy!”

 

“Ha, that is…” Amber felt Luna’s hand tighten and form a nervous death-grip around her own.“Crazy.”

 

“Haha, yeah, so crazy…” Luna stuttered unconvincingly as her cheeks flushed with obvious embarrassment. To their luck, however, the others didn’t seem to notice.

 

“Anyways,” Amber said, trying to change the subject before they realized anything, “After that we…”

 

“Well we eventually found you guys and we ended up leaving the club because you,” Victoria said as she pointed an accusing finger at Amber, “Wouldn't shut up about how hungry you were.”

 

“Soooo are we getting food now? We are, right? I'm hungry. Aren't you guys hungry?” Amber said after they exited the club and climbed into a cab Victoria hailed them.“Vic-unnie can we go get food?”

 

“Yah, yes, we’re getting food,” their Chinese leader grumbled in annoyance from the front seat,“Now will you shut up.”

 

“Ha,”  Krystal giggled from the middle seat, “She just scolded you. Like a little kid.”

 

“A kid? I'm not a little kid. You're a little kid.” She pointed to Sulli who had been laughing to herself in the corner, either at the two of them or at nothing at all. It was hard to tell. “She’s a little kid, too!”

 

Luna giggled at Amber’s drunken antics from her seat in her girlfriend’s lap. Ever since they left the club, she’s that rosy glow on her cheeks, refusing to remove herself from Amber's side.

 

“And you,” Amber said, turning to her while pressing a finger to her forehead, the younger girl beaming at the attention,“You’re just little.” She broke out into a smile at the dopey and lovestruck look on Luna’s face. “Cute, too.”

 

The cab pulled up to a 24 hour burger joint and they all piled in. They placed their orders and settled into a bench, Krystal and Sulli on one in with the older girls seated on the other.

 

“Yo, these burgers were a good call,” Sulli gushed mid-bite after their food arrived.

 

Amber nodded her head in agreement, reaching across the table for a fistbump.

 

“Mine has tomatoes in it.” Krystal pouted, sadly staring into the bun in her hands, “I hate tomatoes.”

 

“Arasso, give it to me. I’ll eat them for you,” Luna said, setting her own food down. She took Krystal’s burger and picked out the large red slices or her before handing it back.

 

“Thank you, unnie,” she said, her pout being replaced with a look of satisfaction.

 

Victoria took a large bite of her burger before suddenly beginning to whine, “Why does greasy food have to taste so good? I’m supposed to be eating healthy and this is just ruining it!”


“Unnie, you’re drunk,” Sulli pointed out. Her entire body swayed slightly as she spoke. “When you’re drunk, you eat greasy things. It’s the way of life. It’s science.”

 

“She’s right,” Luna nodded along before she reached into Amber’s tray for a handful of fries.

 

“Hey, why are you eating my fries?” Amber asked, using her hand to shield them away from her, “You said you didn’t want any.”

 

“I changed my mind,” Luna replied, munching away at the few she was still holding. Amber stubbornly frowned at her, causing her to roll her eyes. “Fine,” she said, “Take them back then.” She stuck the end of one fry into and held it out in Amber’s direction, wiggling her head, daring her.

 

“I will,” the tomboy said decisively. She leaned in and took half the fry into , stopping when their lips met in the middle to end in a kiss.

 

“Ugh, I never knew you guys were this cheesy,” Victoria groaned, dramatically covering her eyes.

 

They pulled apart and seemed to only have eyes for each other, Luna blushing brightly as Amber gave her a smug grin.

 

“Aww, I think they’re cute,” Sulli said, watching the two with her head cocked to the side. She took a swig of her soda to clear and looked thoughtful for a moment before she added, “But I have to admit, hyung, I always thought you had a thing for Krystal.”

 

“What?” Krystal exclaimed, sounding like she’d nearly choked.

 

“Yeah, what?” Amber said defensively. She glanced at Luna both apologetically and also a bit awkwardly before looking away. “Are you crazy?”

 

“Yah, Jinri, why would you bring up something like that when these two are dating now?” Victoria scolded her in her classic mother-like tone. The younger girl responded by holding her hands up in the air.

 

“Okay, sorry, sorry. It was just something I used to think,” she lamented, “I always thought you were waaaay too nice to Luna, too. That was obvious. And I don’t blame you.” She said, casually winking at the vocalist. “She is quite cute.”

 

“Heyyy.” Amber said jealously. She wrapped an arm protectively around Luna’s shoulder and pulled her close. “She’s mine.”

 

Luna giggled drunkenly and sent a wink back, causing her girlfriend to throw another fit.

 

“You’re just always stirring up, aren’t you,” Krystal said.
 

“It’s a curse, I tell you!” Sulli exclaimed in her defense, leading the others to chuckle in amusement. Victoria shook her head and sat up to grab her phone from the table.

 

“You know, if I'm being honest,” she said, “I have no idea what happened after that.”

 

The room fell silent as they each racked their brains for any kind of reminder of what occurred the night before. Still seated on the floor, Luna rested her head against Amber's shoulder and Amber rubbed her arm, scooting in closer until Luna suddenly yelped out in pain.

 

“What is it? What happened? Are you okay?” Amber asked worriedly as Luna ran her fingers over her left hip.

 

“What happened to my hip? Why is there a plaster on my hip?” The white bandage revealed as she pulled down her shorts looked strange, unlike the typical kind she's had for cuts and scrapes. Amber noticed it, too.

 

“Luna,” she said cautiously, “That sort of looks like…”

 

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed as she pulled down the bandage, her suspicions confirmed, “I got a tattoo!”

 

“What?” Victoria said, jumping up from her chair. The maknaes followed, huddling around her to see the little black star beside her hipbone.

 

“I got a tattoo…” Luna muttered quietly, covering with her hand.

 

“Sunyoung-ah…” Amber said, touching her shoulder with concern.

 

“I can't believe I....” Looking as if she were about to cry, the others held their breaths, exchanging nervous glances with each other just as she suddenly burst out into laughter. “I got a tattoo! Oh my god! Who would give a tattoo to someone that drunk?”

 

“Luna, are you sure you're okay with this?” Amber tentatively asked, looking at Victoria asked as Luna continued to laugh.

 

“I mean, There's no going back now, is there?” she said, wiping the corner of her eye.” She bumped playfully against Amber as Victoria pat her head, mumbling about how crazy she was before returning to the loveseat.

 

“It's not a bad tattoo, unnie,” Krystal told her as she and Sulli moved back to the couch.

 

“I've been wanting to get one, anyways,” Luna said, running her fingers over the ones on Amber's forearm. The tomboy raised her eyebrows in surprise, her head cocking to the side.

 

“You have?” she questioned, “Really?”

 

“Well, I've always thought yours were really cool, but I never really had the guts to go and get my own. Now I finally have one! It's not a bad thing.”

 

“I think it's hot,” Sulli called out from the sofa.

 

“Thanks, Sulli-ah,” she replied, smirking at Amber with an impish grin, “That's what I was going for.”

 

“As long as you're happy.” Amber smiled with relief and Luna’s messy hair.

 

“I am.”

 

Luna eventually got up to make them all coffee, their hangovers slowly improving with time. Victoria had gotten the idea to check her phone for pictures and surely enough, they each had a collection of snapshots from the night that allowed them to slowly piece together what happened. After the tattoo parlor, they seemed to have ended up in a strip club, creating a series of very interesting pictures as a result. After that, they had somehow all managed to get back to Luna and Amber's apartment.

 

They chatted for a bit longer into the morning, which was in reality noon, before Victoria, Krystal, and Sulli all decided to leave in the most comical looking walk of shame. Luna and Amber finally got around to showering the night away, and ended up back in bed at 2 p.m. Amber collapsed onto her back and let out a happy sigh, looking as if she would fall asleep at any second.

 

“Hey, Amber?” Luna said quietly before she could, laying on her good side to face her.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“For?” Amber cracked one eye open to look at her, smiling when Luna’s hand came to rest on her chest.


“ For everything,” she said, moving her palm around in circles, “For last night, for bringing us all together again. I know why you did it and...thank you.”

 

Amber stretched her arm out, inviting her to come closer. Luna laid her head against her bicep and closed her eyes as Amber landed a kiss against her forehead. “Of course, Lu,” she said, “It was about time we all got together, anyway. I didn’t realize how much I really missed them.”

 

“Especially Sulli.”

 

“Oh, yeah, Sulli,” Amber muttered, looking up at the ceiling as she recalled what she’d said at the burger joint, “I forgot about that big mouth of hers…”

 

Luna snickered and picked her head up, moving her hand against Amber’s shoulder. “You sound annoyed.”

 

“No, no, I’m not annoyed,” she said, “I’m just…”

 

“Oh, forget it,” Luna replied, poking her in the chest, “It’s fine.”

 

“What’s fine?”

 

“What she said about you and Krystal. It’s fine.”

 

“Me and Krys?” Amber stammered, her gaze suddenly avoiding her, “Luna, no, really, I don’t even know why Sulli said something like that because-”

 

“Oh, come on,” she groaned, narrowing her eyes down at her, “We all knew you liked her.”

 

Amber mouth opened in surprise and her eyes darted away. She was about to start denying it again before Luna whined her name in annoyance.

 

“Alright, fine,” she sighed. She brought a hand to pick up Luna’s small one that was resting against her chest. She squeezed it and finally gave in. “I used to like her, but only a little! Very little! And only because she was the only person I was able to talk with before I actually learned Korean! That’s it! Totally in the past! Over. Done. Completely over. I mean it.”

 

“Alright, alright, I never said I didn’t believe you,” she said, untangling their fingers so she could wrap her arm around Amber’s middle as she put her head back down.“I was just messing with you.” She snuggled against her, lips against her shoulder as she added,“It only made me a little jealous, anyways.”

 

“You were jealous?” Amber’s voice rose in pitch and she wrapped one of her arms around Luna’s back.

 

“Just a little. Only at all the attention you used to give her.”

 

“I gave you lots of attention, too, puppy!” Amber turned to lay on her side and brought one of her hands to cup Luna’s soft cheek. “You know I did!” She pouted and moved her fingers to smooth out Luna’s hair, tucking a stray piece behind her ear. “Quit making me feel bad, Lu.”


Luna pulled a face and craned her neck up for a short kiss. “You’re dumb, do you know that?” she said as she pulled away.

 

“I know that I love you,” she replied cheezily, hugging her body close. She kissed the tip of Luna’s nose before turning to lay on her back again. Luna smiled and lifted one of her feet up, sliding her leg over her girlfriend’s body so she was completely wrapped around her.

 

“Love you, too.”

 

Amber’s hand on her waist slid down and her fingers grazed the top of the bandage she helped Luna reapply earlier. “I can’t believe you got a tattoo last night.” she said quietly, carefully tracing the area with her finger.

 

“You like it, though...right?”


“Is that even a question?” Amber scoffed, “Of course I like it. I love it.”

 

“Good,” she mumbled with a little yawn, “Now let’s talk later. I’m gonna sleep now.”

 

“Hey, wait,” Amber said with a sudden realization, shaking her gently, “You haven’t eaten anything today, yet. You should go eat something first.”

 

Luna frowned and pressed her face into Amber’s shoulder, grumbling, “No, not hungry. Will eat later.”

 

Amber felt like she should’ve gotten up and forced her to eat, but the lack of sleep from the night before had finally caught up with her. Mere moments later, much needed sleep consumed the both of them and they were out for the many hours that followed.


Image result for luna fx tattoo

Inspiration for the tattoo lol. More f(5) for you all today! Hope you enjoyed it :)