Getting Closer and Getting Further

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're making yourself so obvious...

That was the only thing that went through Jimins mind as he forcefully smiled, watching the two males at his right messing around. He had ditched the thought of joining their fun long ago. It seemed that the duo had just brushed off his presence all together and they could only concentrate on each other. 

The way their arms were tangled together. The way their bodies were so close that there was no sliver of space between them. The way their eyes sparkled with nothing more than happiness and love. The way their lips were upturned and stretched to display their perfect teeth in a big grin. The way laughter erupted from both of them as if they were having the best time in their lives. Everything was just so...

Perfect.

But, it wasn't. Not for Jimin that is.

The love, the happiness, he didn't feel any of it. He was just thrown off to the side to become a bystander of their actions. It hurt, it hurt like hell. But what was he supposed to do? Stop them, only to annoy them? Walk away, only for their actions to escalate and let their emotions run free? Join them, only to be shunned away and continue third-wheeling? Every option he had would just leave him in this state. Feeling lonely, and worthless.

"Hy-hyung! Stop it!" Taehyung suddenly yelled in between sharp breaths and harsh laughter.

The sudden outburst easily broke Jimins train of thought as he quickly glanced to the side to see what the abrupt laughter was all about. He forced himself to join in the chorus of laughter when noticing that Hoseok was tickling the second youngest to death. The vocalist was squirming like crazy trying to escape the olders fingers, his body even falling onto Jimins lap in attempts to get away.

"Ah! Ah! Jimin h-help!" He begged in between his laughs as his torso twisted against the lead vocalists lap.

"And why should I help you?" Jimin asked with a mischievous grin this time before he got his own fingers on his same aged friend, tickling the same way the rapper was. Even more laughter came out of the vocalist and for a split second the lead dancer was able to forget about his jealousy.

However, as quickly as it left, thats how fast it came back. 

It wasn't long before the two decided to give the younger a break and the second their fingers stopped moving he shot up. The first thing V did when he sat up was hit the main dancers chest before whining about how much of a jerk he was for doing that to him. In response, Hoseok only chuckled as he didn't really make an attempt to stop the youngers weak punches. 

The scenario from earlier was coming back. Both of them seeming to have the time of their lives while Jimin was just thrown to the side once again. The ends of his grin fell quickly when realizing the turn over and he was back to moping once again. 

Would they even realize if I just left now? Jimin thought to himself as he watched the duo beside him. They honestly looked like they were having the time of their lives, so he wouldn't even be surprised if they failed to notice his absence. 

Slowly moving up from his seat, he made quiet steps away from the couch and finally out of the living room. He didn't hear any of their voices asking where he went, nor why he was leaving.

He didn't even feel a glance in his direction. 

Jimin just wanted to believe that maybe they thought he was heading to the bathroom. He wanted to think maybe they thought he was going to the kitchen to get a drink. Yea, maybe that's why they didn't make any efforts to see or ask where he was going...

Oh who was he kidding...

 

As Jimin had initially suspected, the duo didn't notice him leave. They were too absorbed in each other that they really weren't able to realize that he left. It was after a good few minutes that J-Hope finally noticed how the lead vocalist wasn't with them anymore. 

"Oh. Where did Jiminie go?" He asked, glancing around the living room seeing that they were the only two now. The second youngest did the same, only being able to shrug at the olders question.

"I don't know. Bathroom maybe?" Taehyung answered with his own question. The duo even waited for a bit, assuming that he'd come back soon, but he never did. "Huh, maybe he had something to do." The vocalist guessed this time.

"Yea, maybe." 

"So... That only leaves us two." V pointed out with a small grin.

"Yea, no duh." Hoseok chuckled.

"Oh c'mon. Don't you want to do something a bit different? You know, instead of just sitting in our living room and goofing off, don't you want something a bit more... Interesting? Like... Going outside?" The younger suggested, a glint now becoming obvious in his eyes.

"Hmm, well I guess that'd be pretty fun..." He nodded. "But, a bunch of fans and stuff will follow us around and it'll become a huge hassle. Besides, we have a fanmeet in the evening, so we cant even go that far off before we have to get back to the dorm."

"Ah hyung stop being so boring. We can just walk around for a few blocks and we can get back quickly." V countered. "Please~ I don't like being cooped up in the dorm. And I don't want to go alone." He started to whine before showing the older puppy eyes.

It seemed that that along with the terrible whinning had finally got J-Hope to budge. With a soft sigh, he patted the youngers head before showing him a soft smile. "Okay, okay. I'll go with you on your little adventure Tae." 

Just hearing those words, Taehyung shot out of his seat and dashed to his room to quickly change out of his pajamas and get his stuff. Hoseok only sat there, laughing at the eagerness of the younger finding it far past amusing. 

That kids so adorable... He thought to himself as he slowly made his way to his own room to get his own belongings. 

It was no surprise to him when he came out of his room, he was met with the second youngest already at the door with his shoes on and a jacket. "Hey, it's still fall so it's cold. The least you could do is wear a scarf." J-Hope said as he took a scarf out of the closet. Without any hesitation, he wrapped the fabric around the youngers neck, making sure it was tight enough to keep him warm. 

"Thanks hyung..." The younger mumbled as his eyes darted away from the olders brown orbs. 

When both of them had enough layers to tackle the cold, and covered enough so no fans could recognize easily them, the duo started to make their way out. "C'mon! Let's go hyung!" Taehyung exclaimed before gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter