Crimson Red Rose Petals

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin blinked blankly at the object in his hand as he didn't want to accept what had just happened.

A crimson red petal was sitting in his palm. 

The same crimson red petal that he had coughed up.

That was the only thing that was going through his mind as he was now staring at the rose petal. His fist clenched around the object as his nails dug into his palm, easily breaking the delicate petal within his hold. He let out a shaky breath as he brought his gaze anywhere else aside from the rose petals that scattered the ground. 

Jimin was fully aware of the fact that his feelings were growing, but he didn't want to accept that his feelings had developed this much. Well then again, who would want to admit that they loved someone so strongly, only to know their feelings aren't returned? It always hurt, knowing that the other never looked at him in the same light that he wished. However, he didn't think that the dull throb in his chest was him in literal pain due to the unrequited love.

Sighing once again, he got up from his seat before picking up the stray 5 or 6 petals that had made it to the ground. He had to get rid of the evidence before anyone was to see the random rose petals. 

The Hanahaki Disease was becoming a more known illness recently, and it was hard to not know of it with all the cases involving it. Everyday people, as well as big names were getting affected by the disease. Numbers of people died everyday due to the blossoming of the rose within their chest cavity. Doctors were still in the process of finding a cure for the disease, but they still hadn't found one. Antibiotics to exterminate the flower, or even surgically removing it were all up for trial, but both options were still too dangerous to use on patients.

Walking into the bathroom to flush the petals down the toilet, he examined the living room once again to make sure that there was absolutely no evidence left. Seeing there were no left over petals, he let himself relax a bit before sitting down on the couch once again. However, as hard as he tried to relax, he just couldn't.

The only thing running through Jimins mind were the crimson red petals he had coughed up. The only thing he could feel was the dull throb in his chest, despite paying little to no attention to it earlier. 

Am I really going to die like this?

That was the only thing he could think. Would he really die due to suffering one sided love? The scenario itself seemed so pitiful. Bowing his head down slightly, he let his fingers tangle into his brown locks as his eyes squeezed shut. He wanted to think optomistically. He wanted to believe maybe in the short amount of time he had left, maybe he could get his crush to fall for him. Or maybe, just forget his feelings all together, and let the rose wither away like that.

Oh, who was he kidding? There was no way in hell either of the two were going to happen. Jimin had this crush for so long that he couldn't remember a time when he didn't like the other. It was actually pretty shocking that the disease hadn't hit him earlier. From seeing how long it took for the illness to finally kick in, it actually gave the lead vocalist hope that maybe, just maybe, his crush liked him back. But it seemed now that any hope that dangled in front of his eyes was destroyed. 

The Hanahaki Disease knew feelings better than any human that grazed the face of the Earth. If it was to come up, it ensured that the sufferer was experiencing unrequited love.

"I have to keep this a secret," Jimin whispered to himself. He could not let anyone know of this. 

It wasn't because of the fact that he was embarrassed of his feeling or anything like that, nor was he afraid to confess at this point. The reason why he wanted to keep such a serious manner to himself was because he didn't want people to know that he was practically dying. How would the members react? Their managers? The company? The fans? Everyone would be worried sick about him, but they wouldn't be able to do anything but watch in pity. 

Shaking his head softly in his hands he tried getting rid of all the thoughts of dying once again. "Let's just see how bad it gets, you can do it Jiminie" he assured himself. 

Luckily, before any more negative thoughts could even plague his mind again another presence made it's way into the living room and patted the lead vocalists back. The action itself shocked him so bad he literally jumped up from his seat before he shot his head up to see who the newcomer was. The only thing he could do was mentally curse at the older. Why of all people was he here?

"You look down, what's up?" the other asked.

The amount of concern that flooded the others eyes and the way the ends of his lips fell just got the youngers heart to flutter, simply because of the fact that the other cared so much about him. But there was just so much other factors that made the lead dancers heart waver even more, by simply looking at his crush. The olders black locks really did do justice to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter