2 Months

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimins slowly opened his eyes, before he started to blink away his blurry vision. It finally felt like he could breathe properly after weeks of struggling to catch his breath. That feeling alone made him feel at ease, until he realized the only reason why he was able to breathe was because of the oxygen mask over his mouth. 

I'm at a hospital... 

He could feel his heart sink as that thought hit him. Seeing how bad the disease had become as well, he was most likely going to stay here for the rest of his shortened life. He didn't want to be stuck in this hospital though, they weren't going to do anything for him, he was going to die anyways. So what was the point of being cooped up here.

"Hyung, you're awake!" Jungkook suddenly piped up. Blinking a few more times, Jimin slowly turned his head to the younger. He had a relieved expression on his face and a small smile printed on his lips. The older could only imagine how worried the youngest was. He flashed a reassuring smile to the younger through his oxygen mask, to show the other he was fine now.

Turning his head a bit more, he realized that the youngest wasn't alone. In fact, all the members were there. 

"Do you need water? Do you feel dizzy or anything?" Seokjin asked, starting up his train of questions. Jimin just shook his head at the boat load of questions, he really was fine, just a bit breathless but the oxygen mask helped that.

The members were oddly quiet. Jimin had expected them to be screaming which joy over the fact that he was awake and okay, but all of them seemed overly stiff and sullen. He was going to take of the oxygen mask just to assure everyone he really was okay now, but when Namjoon spoke it just answered the lead vocalists worries.

"You had the Hanahaki Disease... But you didn't tell us?" The leader asked slowly. Disappointment coated his words, and there was obvious hurt mixed with anger in his eyes.

Jimin knew this was going to happen. Everyone was going to be disappointed and upset at him, they'd be stiff and treat him differently. The fact that he was dying was going to plague their minds and they would never be able to look at him as the same person. 

He didn't want to confront this, not now. He wanted to avoid the topic all together, but there was no escape. Taking off the oxygen mask, he put it on the side of his bed before sitting up slowly. 

"I'm... I'm sorry," he apologized, not knowing what else to say.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Namjoon asked, a bit more forcefully this time. The way the leader was acting almost reminded him of how Yoongi had reacted, and he hated it so much because he knew the anger was only due to the fact that they cared for him so much.

"I-I don't know... I just didn't want you guys to worry about me," he sighed. The lead vocalist didn't want to make a big scene, especially in a hospital of all places.

"Not worry about you? How could we not worry about you when you suddenly cough up flower petals and faint? Did you also think we weren't going to worry about you if one of us found you dead?" He continued, his voice rising a bit more as he went. 

"Namjoon-ah, just calm down..." Seokjin sighed softly, putting a hand on the leaders shoulder. With a frustrated sigh, Rap Monster stopped with his pestering.

The room had become more stiff after the small out burst from Namjoon. Everyone was still processing the fact that Jimin really did have the Hanahaki Disease, and they were still trying to digest the fact that there was a chance of him dying. 

"Who's the person you love?" Hoseok asked after a while. Jimin couldn't help but stiffen at the question. Oh the irony that Hoseok of all people was asking. his suddenly dry lips he brought his gaze to his lap as he tried to find a way to avoid the question.

"Is it Yoongi hyung?" Jungkook guessed enthusiastically, his eyes lighting up while the words left his lips.

"I wish," said rapper scoffed before throwing a quick glare at the main dancer, but it didn't seem like he had noticed anyways. Besides, even if him, or the other members had noticed, no one knew the meaning behind the glare besides him and Jimin. He didn't tell anyone else about his feelings for the main dancer, aside from Suga.

"Yoongi hyung? Huh, I thought he liked you," Taehyung blinked, looking at the youngest.

"Me?" He asked, eyes widening.

"Ah, Jimin you're awake."

Everyone quieted down in an instant when they heard the doctor enter. All the members that were standing bowed at him before moving away from the bed a bit to give the doctor some space. "I'm Mr. Kang and now that you're awake, I want to do the tests immediately. I want to return you home as soon as possible so you can resume your normal schedules... If you're in the condition to do so that is."

Jimin could feel the pit of his stomach sink as he heard the doctors words. He knew he wasn't going to be able to go home at this rate, especially from how many flower petals he had coughed up. The lead vocalist was also suffering from the Hanahaki Disease for months now, and the life expectancy was half a year. There was no chance that he was going back home.

"Are you stable enough to walk? Or shall I bring a wheel chair for you?" A nurse from behind Mr. Kang asked. 

"No, no. I'm fine," Jimin assured before slowly moving off the bed, he then followed the doctor to get his tests done.

 

Jimin could only stare at the ceiling as he felt the device press against his chest. The cold gel that was lathered on it didn't even make him flinch. He was praying that the rose hadn't grown too big of a size. He was praying that the other members wouldn't treat him any differently than they usually did. He was praying that no matter what his condition the doctor would let him go home to show everyone he wasn't in a horrible condition.

The only thing he could do was pray.

It felt like an eternity before the pressure of the device was off his chest and the cool feeling of the gel was removed. The nurse then took a few napkins to wipe off any residue before taking the lead dancer to another room where he had to wait for another agonizing amount of time. However, the alone time he was given waiting for the doctor, gave Jimin a while to think about everything.

The members know now... So should I jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter