Hung Up [1/2]

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi took another bite of the slice of cake sitting on the table, earning a pout from the younger. 

"Hey! Namjoon hyung brought that for me, not for you to eat it!" Jimin exclaimed, stretching towards the older in attempt to save his slice. 

"I don't care, this cake is amazing. Damn, I really need to ask Seokjin hyung where he bought this from." Yoongi sighed, amazed by the taste of the dessert.

"Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed as he watched the older take up another piece by the spoon, ultimately putting it into his mouth. "Stop, I bet you already had some when you guys cut the cake and I bet there's more at home waiting." he whined. 

"Ah you're right, you're right." The older chuckled, setting it aside. "I bet the others are already home now too. Ah, poor Namjoon wasting his birthday away on schedules, what a shame."

"Hmm, you guys have been really busy." Jimin hummed. "Almost makes me glad I'm stuck here." He joked, only for the smile on Yoongi's face to turn into a small sad one.

"Hyung... It was just a joke. I already promised you guys, I'm going to get out of here as healthy as ever!"

Yoongi could only look at the younger with that sad smile that was printed on his face. There was only so much time before the flower would take up his whole chest cavity. But, the results did seem quite promising. By now, most people would be almost completely dependant on the oxygen machine, but the fact that Jimin could sit there and talk comfortably with the older like this was a relief in itself. 

"By the way you're saying that, I'm guessing your date with Hoseok went well?"

At that question, Jimin could only look down on his lap. Had his date with Hoseok gone well? Sure, he could say it was a success because the older did seem focused on him the whole time, and they had a great time overall, but the way it had ended left Jimins mind racing for the 2 days. 

Why did Hoseok try to kiss him? After everything that happened, after the way he always acted with Taehyung, why was Hoseok trying to go for him now? And most of all, why did Jimin not accept it? Why did he decide it would be a good idea to flat out reject him like that? It was unknown the next time Jimin would be given such an opportunity, hell that may have been his only chance to kiss the person he loves to the point of death.

"Yea..." Jimin nodded, hesitantly. "It was fine..."

"Hmm? Doesn't sound fine by your tone."

"I don't know... It was fine, but then I just did something stupid. I don't know." Jimin said quickly, bringing his hands up to his head to mess up his hair in frustration. 

"Stupid?" Yoongi repeated, curiousity rising to his face. "What did you do...?"

Jimin sighed as imagines of that night resurfaced to his head, causing an obvious dust of pink to stain his cheeks. Damn the fact that Hoseoks timing was the utter opposite of perfect, Jimin should have capitalized that moment and just gone for it nonetheless. 

"Well... Hoseok hyung tried to kiss me..." He started off slowly and before he could even finish, Suga's face lit up. He opened his mouth, ready to praise the younger and get excited over the fact that indeed, Jimin was going to come back home. 

"But I didn't let him."

Yoongis mouth fell, and as fast as the confusion left thats how quick it came back to replace the excitement. "What? Why? Don't tell me you're trying to do this stupid playing hard to get-"

"I don't know!" Jimin exclaimed. "I just, everything felt so wrong in that moment. I felt like if I kissed him, it wouldn't have meant anything, it wouldn't have been real..."

Silence overcame the two. Yoongi didn't know what he was supposed to say about the whole thing. He wanted a further explanation, he wanted to smack the younger upside the head for being an idiot, he wanted to tell him to go see the main dancer face to face and just confess or something. But Yoongi couldn't bring himself to be so harsh, in fact, he somewhat knew how the youngers heart felt. 

"The hearts weird like that... Right?" Suga chuckled, looking up at the younger. "You'll think you want something, but when the time comes you'll find yourself wanting something else."

Jimin blinked hearing those words. Now it was his turn to be confused. What exactly happened at the dorm while he was gone? Just as Jimin was about to utter the question, it seemed the older could read it off his face and answered it before the lead dancer could even open his mouth. 

"Don't worry, nothing insane happened. I've just been feeling a bit weird lately. Ah, must be all the gay I've been watching, it's all your fault for leaving the room all to myself."

"Hyung! That's disgusting!" Jimin exclaimed, bringing his hands up to his ears in attempt to cover them. "I thought you weren't even into that stuff!" 

With that, Yoongi only shrugged before standing up from his seat. "People change I guess," he commented as he extended a hand to ruffle the youngers hair. "Alright, it's pretty late now and I'm pretty sure the guys already started partying without me. Goodnight." 

 

As Yoongi had suspected, the guys indeed partied without him. 

The second he stepped inside the dorm there was a faint smell of alcohol and party hats littered across the floor. These messy idiots... Suga thought with a scoff as he kicked one of the party hats at his feet. There weren't all too many empty bottles that made up the ground, but it seemed there were enough for five guys to get fairly drunk. By the silence that made up house, the rapper could wager that all the members had fallen asleep. 

Going over to the kitchen in hopes that the members had actually left some cake for the second oldest, he was met with utter disappointment when his eyes landed on the practically empty, half closed cake box. "I knew I should have eaten more of Jimins cake damnit," he muttered under his breath as he went over to the sad, tiny, piece of cake left. However, once the male turned his attention to the disaster that was their sink, he was left in even more dismay than before. 

"You have to be kidding me," he sighed making his way to the sink. It looked like none of the members gave a damn about their dishes and just threw them in there in hopes that they'd magically clean themselves; and Yoongi was apparently said magic. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter