Hung Up [2/2]

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the past two days Taehyung made sure to keep as much distance as possible between him and Hoseok. He clung to every member in his sight in an attempt to have the older out of his sight and out of his mind. There may have been the other underlying intention of having the older become jealous of the other members and realize that he actually wanted Taehyung more than he thought, but the younger tried to push those hopes down his throat so he wouldn't end up anticipating something that would never happen.

Hoseok all the while definitely felt the loss of the presence of Taehyung, but he felt thankful towards the younger that he gave him room to breathe. He felt that he could clearly sort out his head and heart, and truly realize that his love was solely for Jimin. 

However now that he didn't have Taehyung as a sort of distraction from his feelings, he was almost restless from the lack of communication he had with the lead vocalist. Before just 2 days ago the two were constantly texting each other, or at least exchanged a short conversation everyday. But all had been halted and the loss was only more apparent because the second youngest wasn't around him 24/7.

The only thing J-Hope could do was stare at his phone. He had been like this for the past 2 days, anticipating a message from Jimin to light up his screen. He was so entranced by his phone that even the members started the question why he was so interested in the device that he never bothered to turn on. 

"Wow, your phones so interesting you don't even need to turn it on!" Namjoon exclaimed as he took a seat beside the main dancer. 

"Mhm," Hoseok hummed with a nonchalant nod. "Anticipation makes the waiting worth while."

"What? Got a girl or something?"

"No," he chuckled. "Honestly with the way everything went I shouldn't even be anticipating..."

Namjoon opened his mouth ready to question what in the world was going on with the younger, but he decided to keep the words in his head. He had been acting off for the past 2 days, so the leader wasn't really expecting a logical answer even if he did directly ask the other what was up. Luckily, the rapper didn't have much time to dwell on the others odd behaviour because the front door suddenly burst open causing both males to jump in their seats. 

The oldest and youngest were the cause of the disturbance, both with a bag in their hands. The second Seokjins head popped through the door, it seemed as though he was trying to hide himself, along with the bag, but once quickly seeing the leader a small rush of panic was in his eyes. However, it seemed the older was able to quickly cover it up as he allowed a big grin to plant itself along his face. 

"Happy birthday Namjoon!" The oldest exclaimed as he skipped over to the kitchen, placing the bag in his hand on the table. 

"Thanks hyung," the leader grinned. This was the millionth time that the older had wished him a happy birthday, but he couldn't help but find the action cute. "What's that?" he asked as he got up from the couch and made his way to the table. 

"Alcohol, because it's party time!" Jungkook exclaimed as he put his own bags on the table, the clinking of the bottles being heard as he did so. 

"You don't need to have alcohol to have a party you know," Jin sighed. "But every party does need a cake!" He exclaimed as he took a box out of his bag. 

"Awe, hyung you didn't have to." Namjoon gushed, his gratitude apparent. 

"Yea hyung, you really didn't have to. I was literally about to leave but you bring this delicious cake what am I supposed to do?" Yoongi suddenly cut in as he suddenly appeared in the kitchen. Taehyung was trailing behind him, making it so now almost all the members were crowded in the kitchen. 

The oldest already had his mouth open, ready to retort and say that the cake wasn't even meant for the second oldest so he could leave right now if he was really that urgent. But before he could allow the words to leave his mouth, Yoongi was already taking the cake out of the box and giving himself a slice. 

"Hey! What the hell, the birthday boy is supposed to cut the first slice!" Jin barked as he watched the other rummage through some cabinets to find a disposable plate and plastic fork. Once finding one, he took the slice before patting the other rapper on the shoulder. 

"Happy birthday Joonie!" He chirped before making his way out the door. Jin could only stare at the door completely dumbfounded, mouth agap as he was ready to go on a rant about how the other could just act in such a way. Once again, Seokjin was interrupted so no one was subject to his neverending rant. Hoseoks sudden appearance in the kitchen caused the older to close his mouth. 

"So, are we going to eat cake or what?" The main dancer grinned as he put a hand on the oldests shoulder in attempt to calm him down. 

"No."

Everyone's attention was suddenly on the second youngest who had given such a deadpan answer. Taehyung only gave a quick glance towards the main dancer before grabbing a bottle from one of the bags and headed to his room. 

There was a mix of so many different emotions that floated through Taehyungs eyes that the older couldn't decipher or understand, so he didn't pay any mind to the scene. He just brushed it off as if it were nothing and brought his gaze back to the middle of the table were the cake sat. "Ah, I guess it'll just be us four then. Just means more cake for us then, right?" Hoseok chuckled slightly, in attempt to brighten up the mood. 

"Why is everyone like this today," Jin sighed in obvious despair. 

 

Taehyung sighed as he took another swig of his drink.

Maybe he should have brought another bottle with him, this one was already nearing its end but he didn't feel any different from when he first started. With his thumb, he rimmed the opening of the bottle as he blankly stared at the floor. It felt like his mind was blank, yet there were so many thoughts that were running rampant. He didn't even know why he felt this way, it's not like anything happened to make him like this. 

The only thing that happened was seeing Hoseok, meeting his uncaring eyes and nonchalant demeanor. But was that worth getting all worked up like this? Were simple actions worth this much fuss?

Taehyung wanted to believe that it wasn't, none of what the older did was remotely close to worth as much as reaction he was having. He shouldn't have had the urge to storm out of the kitchen once seeing Hoseok not give a damn about the younger not being around. He shouldn't have felt the need to drink in order to erase the image of Hoseoks eyes which displayed anything but loneliness and hurt. 

But here he was. Fuming, drinking, on the verge to tears over something so simple. 

To make the matter even worse, he was getting frustrated over the fact that he felt all of these emotions which only made him down even more alcohol. 

It didn't take long for the vocalist to finish his bottle, which only added to anger. Clutching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter