That's All You Were to Me

So Beautiful, Yet So Deadly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think they're doing right now?"

Taehyung was lying on Jimins bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. He had spent the last hour loathing in his room alone and honestly it just made him feel worse about the whole situation. He was hoping that maybe giving some time to himself would allow him to get his mind off of everything, but it actually did the absolute opposite. His mind was constantly fixated on Hoseok, he could only let scenarios play through his head about what might be happening between the two.

"Eating," Yoongi answered nonchalantly while scrolling through his phone, lying on his own bed.

"Obvoiusly they're eating hyung," Taehyung scoffed, still fixated on the ceiling. "But what if they're talking? What if-"

"Obviously they're talking," the older interrupted, mocking the youngers tone. The vocalist only rolled his eyes before continuing.

"What if Hoseok hyung starts to feel things? What if like... Jimin gets super sentimental or something and hyung starts to think about Jimin more or something or like-"

"Really Taehyung, what are you talking about?" The rapper asked, stopping his actions and turning his head to the other. "I literally don't understand what you're trying to say."

"I don't either!" He admitted, obviously frustrated that he couldn't articulate his thoughts. "I just... I'm scared that something might happen. Like Hoseok hyung just gets a sudden spark in his heart?"

"Then that's good," Yoongi shrugged before turning back to his phone. He was aware that those words would hurt the younger, but he just had to accept that fact, and the sooner he did that the quicker he would stop chasing the older. He could already sense the younger was about to open his mouth and protest in some way, but before he could get there, the rapper beat him. "I mean a spark is all the hanahaki disease needs to start withering away, right?"

It was unsurprising when the room was filled with silence. Yoongi knew that the younger couldn't say anything about that, that was always why he had to play that card to bring Taehyung back and out of his selfish mindset.

A few moments passed before the youngers sigh could be heard to break the silence. Suga's head automatically turned to the side to watch the other as he gave any sort of answer, but the room remained quiet for a bit more before Taehyung broke his own gaze from the ceiling to turn his head towards the older. The action seemed to take both of them aback as they were suddenly looking one another in the eye across the space between them, but the shock wasn't enough for either of them to break their shared gaze.

"You're right," Taehyung suddenly whispered, the sadness prominent in his voice.

For a second Suga was about to ask what he was talking about because he was suddenly completely out of it, he was even confused about the time he had gotten into his daze. However, he quickly reminded himself about the topic in hand and just allowed himself to shut up completely. Usually in this moment, Yoongi would utter some sarcastic comment about how he's always right or something like that, but honestly he just couldn't do it this time. He wasn't sure if it was because the topic was actually kind of serious or if it was because of the way Taehyung was looking at him.

There was something about his eyes, they seemed so sad. Well, obviously they were sad. However, right now there just seemed to be so much happening within his dark brown orbs. The amount of deep, rich emotion that floated within his eyes was so overwhelming. The mixture of sadness, anger, pain and dispair that was within them, it really showed Yoongi how much the younger loved Hoseok.

However, the feeling within his gut... He wasn't sure. The others feelings definitely affected the older in some way, he wanted to say that he felt sad for the other.

But, it wasn't exactly that.

It was like he was sad because of how the other felt, not that he was feeling sad for him.

As much as Yoongi wanted to ponder on his own emotions, the younger let his eye lids fall shut with a small sigh. "I'm just tired hyung," he suddenly uttered in a whisper before he rolled onto his back once again. The older was about to copy others action and resume scrolling through twitter once again, however he just couldn't bring himself to break his gaze from Taehyung. Or at least he thought that until he saw stray tears fall down the side of the youngers face. That was when the rapper felt like he needed to break his gaze, he didn't want to witness the younger so broken anymore.

"I just want to sleep..."

 

By the time Taehyung had woken up the window which once had light seeping from it was now dim. Bringing a hand up to his eyes to rub the sleep out of his eyes, the vocalist had realized that there was also a blanket draped over his being. Looking at the cover confusedly, he moved it off his body before looking around the room only to remind himself that this wasn't his bed. 

I must have really fallen asleep Taehyung thought to himself with a soft chuckle before ruffling his hair. He would have lazed around for a while longer due to his lethargy from having just woke up, but he could hear the sound of muffled voices conversing in the living room through the thin walls. He perked up at the noise, had Hoseok come home?

Getting out of Yoongi and Jimins room, he quickly walked over to the living room. Hoping that one of the voices which he had heard were Hoseoks, however he was met with disappointment seeing that the older he was looking for was not there.

Instead of the main dancer, the second youngest was met with the sight of the two rappers conversing on the couch. Taehyung really didn't want to visibly show his disappointment, but he really couldn't help letting the ends of his mouth fall ever so slightly. 

"Oh, look like the kid woke up." Suga chuckled, nodding his head toward the younger causing the leader to turn his head.

"Wow, you never fail to amaze me Taehyung. You slept after lunch all the way to past dinner. Kudos." Namjoon clapped, obviously impressed.

Both their words had fall upon deaf ears. Usually when hearing such teasing remarks Taehyung would say something of his own to get a reaction out of one of them, but his mind was in such a different place that sarcastic comments weren't remotely close to popping into his head.

"Where's Hoseok hyung?"

Yoongis small smile automatically fell at the question, and Namjoons face filled with anticipation of teasing the younger had suddenly turned into a confused one. 

"He's not back yet," Yoongi shrugged. "Chill Tae, hospital visiting hours should be done in a few, he'll come back eventually." He assured before standing up from his seat and making his way out. "Now that you're finally out of my room I can be there and not have to listen to your loud snores." And with that the oldest of the three was gone.

Taehyung didn't even pay any notice to the olders exit, just hearing that the other rapper was still out had gotten him to blank out right then and there. 

It's been so long... And he's still with Jimin?

Taehyung let out a sigh as that thought marinated in his mind. He stood there, his hands at both sides, staring at the floor in front of him before wordlessly going to his own room to retrieve his phone. He felt like he had to talk to older. If he didn't his mind would be thinking of all the things the two could potentially be doing. He needed to be assured that those two weren't doing anything. 

Immediately calling Hoseok, the younger was easily relieved when the other had answered so quickly. 

The conversation was quick, but that was all Taehyung needed to reassure himself that he wasn't losing Hoseok to his same aged friend. 

It was selfish, and Taehyung knew that, but he couldn't stop himself. This whole day, he should have been happy that the two were spending time alone together. The chances of Hoseok loving Jimin would grow, he should have been estatic the whole day. His best friend wasn't going to die. But like always, that thought alone wasn't enough to distract him from the fact that he couldn't have Hoseok. 

 

It took about an hour for the main dancer to get home after Taehyung called him. That hour felt like the longest time of his life, but he felt that it would all be worth it when he'd be able to see the older. Honestly, Taehyung couldn't actually remember a time where he had been away from the older for so long and he wasn't preoccupied with something such as a schedule, so maybe that's why he was feeling so deprieved. Nonetheless, even the younger felt that he was being to excessive over the missing and the possessiveness for just a few hours of not being with the older.

Hearing the door click open, Taehyung couldn't help but sit up from his lying position on the couch. He was seated in his normal place, eagerly waiting, cross-legged like a little child waiting for a toy. 

Hoseoks figure emerged from behind the door. The second youngest opened his mouth, ready to give him a peppy little greeting despite it being kind of late, but he stopped himself. Something about the older looked off. 

Sure, he seemed tired, but there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter